Would Hillary have managed COVID-19 better?

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Honestly, I’m not certain. But I’m sure she respects medical science and would have been much more receptive to the advice of qualified experts. I doubt she would have emphasized maintaining economic growth over limiting the spread of disease to the degree that Donald Trump has.

I’m just curious as to what others think.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Perfect? No.
Better? Yes.

Her handling of things wouldn't have been flawless and she would've run into the same systemic issues Trump did regarding supply chains and lack of understanding of how the disease works, but it's hard to imagine where she would've done worse given how much of Trump's failures have been due to his gross incompetence, short attention span, naked politicking, and managerial dysfunction.

I suspect a Hillary lockdown would've generated even more backlash from the right, but that's not on her.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
My guess would be that the republicans would have fought any of her actions tooth and nail, no matter the cost to economy or human lives.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think that she would have done what you said, but I honestly don't know if it would have been that much better. Given the polarized politics in America, I think many on the right wouldn't trust her and would probably point to a sign of rising case numbers as proof that she wasn't doing well. Of course, that would depend on how many cases a Hilary presidency would have had to deal with. There's also the possibility she could have introduced some draconian, nationwide measures that would have been unpopular, a violation of basic rights, or simply just unnecessary in containing the disease. I probably would have opposed such a thing if she did it, but now that I understand how bad this is the me in this "timeline" would understand why she'd do it. That being said, she's still corrupt and I don't think she'd be completely selfless during this pandemic, either.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Honestly, I’m not certain. But I’m sure she respects medical science and would have been much more receptive to the advice of qualified experts. I doubt she would have emphasized maintaining economic growth over limiting the spread of disease to the degree that Donald Trump has.

I don't know is she right now wearing a mask everywhere she goes? I don't know maybe she is just a question.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

If Hillary was elected the globalist would not have needed covid-19.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
If Hillary was elected the globalist would not have needed covid-19.

I completely fail to see how this pandemic helps further globalism. Japan is trying to get their supply chain divorced from China because of issues with it running through another country. Other countries could be looking to do that too. Freely traveling from country to country may be a thing of the past due to fears of spreading this virus and airline industry decimated causing increased costs to fly in the long term. Fight over control of a vaccine could turn vicious. If this pandemic was supposed to bring power to globalists, it was a really bad idea on their part.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I completely fail to see how this pandemic helps further globalism. Japan is trying to get their supply chain divorced from China because of issues with it running through another country. Other countries could be looking to do that too. Freely traveling from country to country may be a thing of the past due to fears of spreading this virus and airline industry decimated causing increased costs to fly in the long term. Fight over control of a vaccine could turn vicious. If this pandemic was supposed to bring power to globalists, it was a really bad idea on their part.

Tear the world down and rebuild it as a one world order.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Tear the world down and rebuild it as a one world order.

Then this was an even worse plan because a lot of countries have been able to stop uncontrolled spread of this virus. Those countries are wary of tying themselves too much to other countries’ fates. There is a retreat from globalism because of this, not a move toward it.

Like most conspiracy theories, it relies on globalists to be evil masterminds to create a virus to spread through the world but too stupid to realize how countries would react and that reaction would be against the globalists interest or too stupid to make the virus strong enough to actually topple all of the world’s governments.

I think it’s far more likely people who don’t want globalism to take hold spread this virus to kneecap advancing globalism. If that was the plan it looks like it is doing quite well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Then this was an even worse plan because a lot of countries have been able to stop uncontrolled spread of this virus. Those countries are wary of tying themselves too much to other countries’ fates. There is a retreat from globalism because of this, not a move toward it.

Like most conspiracy theories, it relies on globalists to be evil masterminds to create a virus to spread through the world but too stupid to realize how countries would react and that reaction would be against the globalists interest or too stupid to make the virus strong enough to actually topple all of the world’s governments.

I think it’s far more likely people who don’t want globalism to take hold spread this virus to kneecap advancing globalism. If that was the plan it looks like it is doing quite well.

YIKES!!!!! China s losing power as the chosen country...the globalist and Soros don't like that. USA has gotta go.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
YIKES!!!!! China s losing power as the chosen country...the globalist and Soros don't like that. USA has gotta go.

I think China is doing quite well. It gets to be in the Trans-Pacific Partnership without the rival US so China can go with “Its my way or the highway.” Meanwhile the US is retreating from the global community (TPP, WHO, Paris Climate) and therefore is weaker on the world stage. What’s happening is exactly the opposite what globalist would actually want.

Thanks for the reminder that conspiracy theorists’ conspiracies don’t actually occur in reality.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think China is doing quite well. It gets to be in the Trans-Pacific Partnership without the rival US so China can go with “Its my way or the highway.” Meanwhile the US is retreating from the global community (TPP, WHO, Paris Climate) and therefore is weaker on the world stage. What’s happening is exactly the opposite what globalist would actually want.

Thanks for the reminder that conspiracy theorists’ conspiracies don’t actually occur in reality.
America is retreating from globalism...they want to remain sovereign. USA mss go.

Next up...war with China?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

we could speculate all day and never reach an accurate conclusion. I am confident in this tho, that it didn’t matter what Trump did because either choice proposed a potential disaster and those who are against him often take up a contrary position to anything he decides. So no matter which voice he made he was going to be ridiculed for it. By the time we even knew what covid19 was it was already too late. Too many people who could’ve potentially been infected had already been circulating in the US and we had no way of testing for Covid at that time. It’s easy to say could’ve, should’ve, and would’ve after the fact but given the information and situation at the time there was no way to foresee what would take place.

• Winner
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Better? Absolutely.

While there are issues in the U.S. pandemic response that appear to be systemic, Trump's response (especially downplaying the pandemic) did not help matters.

I have a hard time imagining how anyone could have managed things worse than Trump. He is a poor crisis manager.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yet we have no proof whatsoever Hillary would have done better.

What a silly statement. The whole thread is intended to generate speculation about a counterfactual. Of course we don't have "proof" of anything - it's impossible to have proof of such a thing.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What a silly statement. The whole thread is intended to generate speculation about a counterfactual. Of course we don't have "proof" of anything - it's impossible to have proof of such a thing.

No more silly than the mater of fact statements Hillary would have done better, I mean seriously people....don't be silly, you have no earthly idea what she would have done by comparison.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I’ll take the some of the responses in this thread as good evidence that we would most likely not be in any better shape under a Clinton presidency than we are under Trump. The torrent of stupidity we have had to fight against to get anywhere in this pandemic would probably be even stronger under a Democratic President.

Upvote 0