Would God send me to Hell because I get stoned and drunk ?

bsd31

Aug 16, 2009
South of Canada, North of Mexico
✟17,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You think it is wonderful that got would put me into the lake of fire for all eternity? If so, you are worshiping a terrible God. You should be ashamed.

You claim (according to your icon) to be a Christian. Which means we worship the same God. Unless you are a liar?

Upvote 0

Capuano231

May 23, 2010
✟15,227.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You claim (according to your icon) to be a Christian. Which means we worship the same God. Unless you are a liar?

Read my signature... I have troubles with the Bible nonstop. But I love Jesus, and try my best to be like to not be hateful. And I accept He died for our sins...
I could careless if God existed, He was a brilliant Man even if he was crazy.
He could be fuming at me right now because I support marijuana and it is "against Gods Law" and I would still love Him... Because of what he did in the gospels is just great... And means a lot to me and should mean a lot to the human race.
If smoking weed and drinking means I'm not a Christian and it means I will burn for all eternity...

I know you know in your heart getting stoned or drunk is nothing compared to murder.

Upvote 0

DoctorJosh

Jun 7, 2010
United States of America
✟564.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You don't have to get married to stick together. Having a ring on your finger doesn't show your love for each other.

Why is having fun bad? Why is getting drunk on occasions bad?

Comparing stealing to getting drunk or even the worse the getting STONED is ridiculous... I don't care what verses you come up with or whatever you say, that is just bull...

Most of these sins are rubbish... C'mon! Gonna burn in Hell for all eternity just for not being sober all your life, not getting married if you wanna make a family or have sex. That is just an Evil God. Seems more like Man trying to control people instead of God trying to bring peace. You think I'm going to be happy just pretending I don't like getting stoned because I have a fear of if I don't stop smoking weed I will burn when I die for all eternity...

Herb will heal the world. :crossrc:

Problem here is weed affects the logic part of the brain. Look it up. Thus you are having trouble finding logic to your questions when you cannot think straight from doing dope. Or perhaps you are just rebelling against the law of man, thus also rebelling against your parents and you find it a habit to question all authority and even question God's Laws.

Either way, no matter whether you are just looking for answers and not saying you are stoned at the moment, but it seems you really are not wanting to hear what God's Laws are since they go against what your labeling fun as and anything that hinders your fun is what you are against.

About sex, procreation is for making babies. Scientifically and through Religion it shows that it is only for making children. To abuse your body means you will get diseases, proven either way by science and by religion. The wages of sin is death, to abuse your body is scientifically proven to give you an STD with lustful desires and having sex with many people. We are not designed to have sex with many people, that is why it should only be with one unless they die can marry again.

The Laws of God are clear, virginity is the sanctity of marriage, thus if you divorce your wife for any other reason than she cheated on you or your husband (if you were a woman as an example) cheated then you can divorce. Otherwise it is still adultery.
Matthew 5: verse 31

Please Read this:
Matthew 19 verses 1-12

Now, we can debate this all week, but if you know what the dope and drinking will do to you and you still do it, then it is nobody's fault for the outcome as a result except your own.

I was being blunt, but I was just getting the message across in the Truth of it all and as it is to be a Christian. Now, God already made it clear God hates satan and all evil. This world is the testing ground, for man and woman to rid themselves of their selfish desires and choose the Lord Jesus. However, those that do not it is their choice and they cannot say it is not fair when God sends them to hell. They knew the laws, they knew it was wrong, but yet they still did it because they desired to do it.

"Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to who will accept it as it was given. For some are stubborn because they were born that way, other were made that way by men (by influence), .............. then it goes on to say this important message, "The one who can accept this should accept this."

So you know what you should be doing, but refuse to do it is rebelling against God and thus don't expect any favors from God and surely don't expect God to say He knows you on Judgment Day.

As for smoking dope, it does more harm to the body that you think. I want you to research what it truly does. A 17 year old that I once knew died from smoking weed, his brain simply quit working and he died instantly after smoking it. How many are in prison that did crimes under the influence of weed? How man young women have gotten pregnant under the influence of weed? How many have died as a result of smoking weed? I personally think anyone who does drugs is a danger to society and to themselves.

The CIA used weed and hash to make rebel soldiers better killers since it helped take away their guilt and remorse in South America.

Anyway, I am done with this thread. Your life, your misery.
God Bless.

Upvote 0

bsd31

Aug 16, 2009
✟17,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Read my signature... I have troubles with the Bible nonstop. But I love Jesus, and try my best to be like to not be hateful. And I accept He died for our sins...

Well that's a good start. As good as any except one tiny problem. The fact that you have trouble with the Bible. If the Bible isn't where you get your facts and ideas about God, where do you get them?

I could careless if God existed, He was a brilliant Man even if he was crazy.
He could be fuming at me right now because I support marijuana and it is "against Gods Law" and I would still love Him... Because of what he did in the gospels is just great... And means a lot to me and should mean a lot to the human race.

You really don't know what you believe do you? On the one hand you say Jesus died for our sins and then in the next breath you say you don't care if God existed. Then you go on to imply He was (is?) a brilliant yet crazy man.

If smoking weed and drinking means I'm not a Christian and it means I will burn for all eternity...

What moron gave you the idea that drinking and smoking weed means you aren't a Christian. What makes you a Christian is that you believe that the Almighty God has sent His Son, the Christ, to be slaughtered on a tree for the sins of the world. You believe that His sacrifice has redeemed you and justified you in the eyes of God and that you are now a son of the Almighty.

What proves you are a Christian is a daily desire to walk in His ways and do according to His will. You will sin and you will fall sometimes a long, long way but your desire is always to follow Him.

I know you know in your heart getting stoned or drunk is nothing compared to murder.

Again, why are you comparing apples to oranges? If you're a Christian, truly a Christian murder won't get you sent to hell either. David killed Bathsheba's husband (to cover up his adultery) and he didn't get cast into hell. Why? Because He believed what God said, understood the Lord God alone saves, was remorseful for what he had done, and REPENTED to the Lord in true godly sorrow.

Upvote 0

Capuano231

May 23, 2010
✟15,227.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Well that's a good start. As good as any except one tiny problem. The fact that you have trouble with the Bible. If the Bible isn't where you get your facts and ideas about God, where do you get them?

You really don't know what you believe do you? On the one hand you say Jesus died for our sins and then in the next breath you say you don't care if God existed. Then you go on to imply He was (is?) a brilliant yet crazy man.

What moron gave you the idea that drinking and smoking weed means you aren't a Christian. What makes you a Christian is that you believe that the Almighty God has sent His Son, the Christ, to be slaughtered on a tree for the sins of the world. You believe that His sacrifice has redeemed you and justified you in the eyes of God and that you are now a son of the Almighty.

What proves you are a Christian is a daily desire to walk in His ways and do according to His will. You will sin and you will fall sometimes a long, long way but your desire is always to follow Him.

Again, why are you comparing apples to oranges? If you're a Christian, truly a Christian murder won't get you sent to hell either. David killed Bathsheba's husband (to cover up his adultery) and he didn't get cast into hell. Why? Because He believed what God said, understood the Lord God alone saves, was remorseful for what he had done, and REPENTED to the Lord in true godly sorrow.

The person who gave me that idea is the other posters...

But, you said even murderers go to Heaven if they believe in Jesus Christ. Does that mean Hitler is in Heaven and the Jews are in Hell?

I never said Jesus was crazy, I was implying that even if Jesus was not the son of God, He still in an inspiration in my life.

But yeah, your one of the best of the posters on this thread. But can you please answer the Hitler question above.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think you allowed yourself to come to that conclusion, I clearly said that if you're a true Christian, you won't wind up in Hell.

But, you said even murderers go to Heaven if they believe in Jesus Christ. Does that mean Hitler is in Heaven and the Jews are in Hell?
Hitler wasn't a Christian. Of course, one of the identifying marks of a true Christian is remorse and repentance for evil deeds, especially for something like murder, so even if a Christian did murder, he would turn around and renounce what he had done.

Upvote 0

Peripatetic

Restless mind, peaceful soul.
Feb 28, 2010
✟22,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God doesn't send people to hell for getting drunk or taking illegal drugs. However, doing so on a regular basis may be an indication that there is distance in your relationship with God. Rather than focusing on doing this or not doing that, try to learn and understand the word of God and pray for the Holy Spirit to guide your progress. Over time, you'll find that you start sifting out some of the stuff that isn't good for you without even thinking about it too much.

Here's another way of looking at it. Let's say you had a girlfriend and were really close and happy. If you got drunk and she got upset about it (causing your first fight), does that mean you're going to lose her forever? No... you'd probably make it a priority to figure out how to work things out. However, if you kept on doing it, she still might stay with you but you might start drifting apart. She might become resentful, and you'd just become numb to it. Your 20th fight about it wouldn't be as emotional as the first.

The same thing can happen with your faith. If a person lives in worldly, sinful ways where seeking pleasure is the top priority, God may eventually give them over to those sinful desires. Read Romans 1:18-32. You have nothing to fear though if you let the Holy Spirit be your guide. Trust me: you don't have to give up all the fun stuff!

Upvote 0

bsd31

Aug 16, 2009
✟17,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

What? What thread are you reading, because it's not in this one. No one has said anything even remotely similar to that in this thread.

Do you know what saves you? The one single thing that in God's eyes is of greater merit than anything else you can ever do? You can give 100% of your income to charity, spend every waking moment being a "good" person, so forth and so on and it is entirely MEANINGLESS to God without doing that one thing He requires of us. Do you know what that is?

Do you believe that Hitler did that one thing? Did he live a life that would indicate to anyone that he had done that one thing?

But suppose Hitler is in heaven. What's that to you? Who are you to question God's mercy and grace? Do you believe that you are any less wicked and vile than Hitler when compared to the holiness of God?

I never said Jesus was crazy, I was implying that even if Jesus was not the son of God, He still in an inspiration in my life.
Ok.

But yeah, your one of the best of the posters on this thread. But can you please answer the Hitler question above.
Thanks but I'm not looking to be "one of the best posters" here or anywhere. That's honestly not my desire.

I want you to see that you can't make God into the image that best suits what you want to do in life. Either He is God and King of your life, or He's not. Scripture is very clear that there is no middle ground. You are either with Him or you are against Him.

Being with Him means doing the work He gave us to do. It doesn't mean living a perfectly sin free life.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think you allowed yourself to come to that conclusion, I clearly said that if you're a true Christian, you won't wind up in Hell.

Hitler wasn't a Christian. Of course, one of the identifying marks of a true Christian is remorse and repentance for evil deeds, especially for something like murder, so even if a Christian did murder, he would turn around and renounce what he had done.
Also Hitler killed himself the bible says thou shall not kill, he killed himself therefore was unable to repent his sins.

Upvote 0

Capuano231

May 23, 2010
✟15,227.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
What? What thread are you reading, because it's not in this one. No one has said anything even remotely similar to that in this thread.

Do you know what saves you? The one single thing that in God's eyes is of greater merit than anything else you can ever do? You can give 100% of your income to charity, spend every waking moment being a "good" person, so forth and so on and it is entirely MEANINGLESS to God without doing that one thing He requires of us. Do you know what that is?

Do you believe that Hitler did that one thing? Did he live a life that would indicate to anyone that he had done that one thing?

But suppose Hitler is in heaven. What's that to you? Who are you to question God's mercy and grace? Do you believe that you are any less wicked and vile than Hitler when compared to the holiness of God?

Ok.

Thanks but I'm not looking to be "one of the best posters" here or anywhere. That's honestly not my desire.

I want you to see that you can't make God into the image that best suits what you want to do in life. Either He is God and King of your life, or He's not. Scripture is very clear that there is no middle ground. You are either with Him or you are against Him.

Being with Him means doing the work He gave us to do. It doesn't mean living a perfectly sin free life.

So to you Hitler isn't a horrible person because he believes in Jesus? That makes no sense, that is just nuts...

So, if I right now go to a mall and kill about 15 people with a gun, I go to jail... For a life time, while in jail I repent to God. Somebody giving to the poor, not being greedy basically a great person who is a Atheist, this person sends eternity in Hell. But the person I go to Heaven because I killed 15 people and repented to God... Give me a break.......... :doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bsd31

Aug 16, 2009
✟17,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
So to you Hitler isn't a horrible person because he believes in Jesus? That makes no sense, that is just nuts...

So, if I right now go to a mall and kill about 15 people with a gun, I go to jail... For a life time, while in jail I repent to God. Somebody giving to the poor, not being greedy basically a great person who is a Atheist, this person sends eternity in Hell. But the person I go to Heaven because I killed 15 people and repented to God... Give me a break.......... :doh:

Why are you so stuck on Hitler? Is that the litmus test you use? "Well gee if I'm not as bad as Hitler was then I must be doing pretty good!"

It doesn't work that way. Stop trying to justify yourself in your own eyes.

You have to account for yourself to God. He's not going to ask you your opinion on Hitler.

Upvote 0

Capuano231

May 23, 2010
✟15,227.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Why are you so stuck on Hitler? Is that the litmus test you use? "Well gee if I'm not as bad as Hitler was then I must be doing pretty good!"

It doesn't work that way. Stop trying to justify yourself in your own eyes.

You have to account for yourself to God. He's not going to ask you your opinion on Hitler.

Great how you ignore what I said completely... Maybe because you don't want to admit the fact that immoral people go to Heaven and moral people go to Hell...

Thanks a lot for the help...

Hey, I agree that you have to accept Jesus as your savior to get into Heaven, but what I can't agree with is the fact that people like Stalin (if he was a Christian), Hitler, or any other lunatic would go to Heaven just for believing in Jesus, despite what they did in their lives. I that is just hard for me to understand and grasp.

Helping me out kindly would help me a lot.

Upvote 0

bsd31

Aug 16, 2009
✟17,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Great how you ignore what I said completely... Maybe because you don't want to admit the fact that immoral people go to Heaven and moral people go to Hell...

I didn't ignore what you said. I told you to stop trying to justify your own wickedness in your own eyes. Stop comparing your evil to Hitler or anyone else and saying "I'm not as bad as he/she/it is so that makes me a good person"

I know you want to hear that a moral and good person who does good things in their life will go to heaven regardless. But that's simply not true. Christianity does NOT believe any such thing. The only merit we have is God's Son. Everything else we do and present in our own defense is "like filthy rags" to God. Filthy rags means menstrual rags. That's how dirty and obscene it is to God.

There are plenty of religions that believe your "good" works and your "moral" bearing is what gets you into heaven. In fact pretty much any faith outside of Christianity believes this.

Edit:

Did anyone say that Hitler is in heaven? If he is, great, God's will be done. If he's not. Great, God's will be done.

Anyone can say they believe and are Christians. But the evidence is in how they lived their lives. What evidence (or what kind of fruit) did Hitler's life produce? I wasn't in the bunker when he killed himself so I don't know if he truly repented of what he had done but I do know up to that point evidence of his life in no way shape or form indicated that he was a Christian.

Upvote 0

znr

Report THIS.
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2010
Silverado
✟30,220.00
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
Your relationship with Christ is your very own, intimate relationship with Christ. Just take your concerns before God himself, just you and him. The two of you should be able to work it out amongst yourselves; rather, that is your right and priveledge in Christ - to work out your own salvation.

No, you will not go to hell (I liked Vertigo's sane answer).

You have every right to work this out between you and your Father. You don't need to leave Christ to work this out.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Hey, I agree that you have to accept Jesus as your savior to get into Heaven, but what I can't agree with is the fact that people like Stalin (if he was a Christian), Hitler, or any other lunatic would go to Heaven just for believing in Jesus, despite what they did in their lives. I that is just hard for me to understand and grasp.

Helping me out kindly would help me a lot.
And that is exactly why you dont have a heaven or a hell to put anyone in. Regardless that as a christian your job is not to think about who you believe is in heaven and who you believe isn't. Its not your job to ponder "well if hitler is in heaven I dont think that's right." And who's to judge what is immoral or moral in God's eyes, you don't even know. You cant even judge whats moral or immoral in a different countries culture how can you even pretend to know what God knows?

You are not on God's level, you dont know as much as he does or nearly close enough. Also there are people that goto church every week sometimes 3 times a week that are going burn. You can't even judge if the next person is a christian or not, you cant look in anyones heart.

You smoke weed and get drunk(weed I'm not to sure of my family is jamaican and i've heard too many arguments about weed being in the bible) but as far as getting drunk thats a sin. Its the same sin as murder because it is against God. If I goto jail for DUI or I goto jail for an unpaid ticket I am still in jail. If I burn in hell for murder or I burn in hell for being drunk either way I am still in hell. If I ask God to forgive me for murder or I ask God to forgive me for being drunk I still have to thank Jesus for allowing me to be forgiven. Its the same sin the same process and you wouldnt understand because you dont have the wisdom of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Also Hitler killed himself the bible says thou shall not kill, he killed himself therefore was unable to repent his sins.

LOL I'm glad we're using that example of Hitler violating "thou shalt not kill." I guess we had plenty to pick from.

Upvote 0
May 26, 2010
✟15,166.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The problem with sin is in its deceitfulness whether it be drunkenness lust or any pleasurable sin it promises much but delivers little. Also it was against love I hurted my wife by staying down the pub getting drunk and deeper into depression.How I wish I could have turned back the clock.She is so gentle and deserves as far as I'm concerned to be loved and that means not getting drunk (I do not miss drink one bit) she used to worry so much about my depression and it would tear her up to see me that way so I would hate to put her through even a fraction of that again. Now when I have a glass of wine with my wife I enjoy it with her.Love also means not lusting after other women and thereby insulting my wife she deserves far better and I know she would never stray from me.Love you see is the motive for not sinning against those we profess to love whether that be our spouse or more importantly against the King of love; Jesus!

Last edited:
Upvote 0