Would God destroy a city like Sodom and Gomorrah nowadays?

Would God destroy it?

• Total voters

Berean777

Servant of Christ Jesus. Stellar Son.
Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Now, that we have received Jesus, would God still destroy a city like Sodom and Gomorrah nowadays?
Please give your reason to your opinion.

God the Father is prevented from destroying cities like Sodom and Gomorrah because of the peace contract/covenant that exists between him and the world, owing to the precious blood of his only begotten Son.

That being said, if humanity voids that contract according to God's determination, then he will revert to dealing with humanity as he did in the Old Testament times.

The only way that this can happen is by the great falling away from the faith, when humanity conspires against God through subtle means, to bring great harm to the gospel of Jesus Christ and to pervert it beyond repairation.

This can happen when strong delusion is manifesting in those once believers who are perishing. This mother of all deceptions renders the peace contract null and void, as the world collectively makes their own peace agreement with the devil, by saying peace and safety.

It would be a great danger to humanity if God is forced to rip up the peace conract that he made with humanity and to revert to the ways he had delt with humanity in the old testament times, during the symbolic four horses of the apocalypse.

This time around he will burn the cancer permanently.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Now, that we have received Jesus, would God still destroy a city like Sodom and Gomorrah nowadays?

A pretty powerful case can be presented that perhaps the missile bombardment of Baghdad was a fulfillment of Jeremiah chapter fifty?!

Jeremiah 50
9 For, lo, I will raise and cause to come up against Babylon an assembly of great nations from the north country: and they shall set themselves in array against her; from thence she shall be taken: their arrows shall be as of a mighty expert man; none shall return in vain.

Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Razare

God gave me a throne
Nov 20, 2014
✟10,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We have cities worse today, I imagine. Somewhere out there.

God doesn't destroy them because he has delayed their destruction for the gospel to be preached.

This delay is mirrored when Jonah went to preach to Nineveh. If you repent upon hearing the word, you are not destroyed. Yet, God's will to destroy that which does not repent still stands under the law.

So now, when there is such a city as Sodom, he just sends a Christian to preach there. That is their ministry, and they can receive judgement through the cross, or by a future judgement ... either the end of days, or the white throne judgement when all the dead stand before it.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We have cities worse today, I imagine. Somewhere out there.

God doesn't destroy them because he has delayed their destruction for the gospel to be preached.

This delay is mirrored when Jonah went to preach to Nineveh. If you repent upon hearing the word, you are not destroyed. Yet, God's will to destroy that which does not repent still stands under the law.

So now, when there is such a city as Sodom, he just sends a Christian to preach there. That is their ministry, and they can receive judgement through the cross, or by a future judgement ... either the end of days, or the white throne judgement when all the dead stand before it.

What that essentially means is that God does not destroy cities anymore, but will judge each individual.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God has the right to decide when everyone dies.
Each individual makes the choice if they live or die. He does not make that choice for us. When people die has a lot to do with if they are corrupting others and leading them astray. So we need to be very careful of the influence we have on others.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They did repent but the next generation ended up getting destroyed.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Now, that we have received Jesus, would God still destroy a city like Sodom and Gomorrah nowadays? Please give your reason to your opinion.

I think God was falsely given credit.
Lots of people nodded their heads
when the story came out.
"Yahh! I'll say they deserved it!"
People still do.

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I believe it is possible, because I don’t think there is any scripture against it and:

Now there were some present at the same time who told him about the Galileans, whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. Jesus answered them, "Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans, because they suffered such things? I tell you, no, but, unless you repent, you will all perish in the same way. Or those eighteen, on whom the tower in Siloam fell, and killed them; do you think that they were worse offenders than all the men who dwell in Jerusalem? I tell you, no, but, unless you repent, you will all perish in the same way."
Luke 13:1-5

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe it is possible, because I don’t think there is any scripture against it and:

Now there were some present at the same time who told him about the Galileans, whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. Jesus answered them, "Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans, because they suffered such things? I tell you, no, but, unless you repent, you will all perish in the same way. Or those eighteen, on whom the tower in Siloam fell, and killed them; do you think that they were worse offenders than all the men who dwell in Jerusalem? I tell you, no, but, unless you repent, you will all perish in the same way."
Luke 13:1-5

That verse is the argument against God destroying a city like Sodom today.

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
A third of mankind alive on earth is going to die soon, according to Revelation.
"Would God do that?"
Absolutely.
And, that's a bit more than lived in sodom and gomorrah together.
Not just for being perverts/abominations to God.
God says why in Scripture, all through Scripture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God the Father is prevented from destroying cities like Sodom and Gomorrah because of the peace contract/covenant that exists between him and the world, owing to the precious blood of his only begotten Son.

That being said, if humanity voids that contract according to God's determination, then he will revert to dealing with humanity as he did in the Old Testament times.

The only way that this can happen is by the great falling away from the faith, when humanity conspires against God through subtle means, to bring great harm to the gospel of Jesus Christ and to pervert it beyond repairation.

This can happen when strong delusion is manifesting in those once believers who are perishing. This mother of all deceptions renders the peace contract null and void, as the world collectively makes their own peace agreement with the devil, by saying peace and safety.

It would be a great danger to humanity if God is forced to rip up the peace conract that he made with humanity and to revert to the ways he had delt with humanity in the old testament times, during the symbolic four horses of the apocalypse.

This time around he will burn the cancer permanently.

No. The cleansing Blood of Jesus is not a candy bar
that is put away when children are bad.
Your theology is more of a risk than Gomorrah would be.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God doesn't destroy them because he has delayed their destruction for the gospel to be preached.This delay is mirrored when Jonah went to preach to Nineveh. If you repent upon hearing the word, you are not destroyed. Yet, God's will to destroy that which does not repent still stands under the law.

Nice. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A third of mankind alive on earth is going to die soon, according to Revelation."Would God do that?"Absolutely.And, that's a bit more than lived in sodom and gomorrah together.Not just for being perverts/abominations to God. God says why in Scripture, all through Scripture.

"Abomination" refers to something born "wrong against nature."
Gomorrah was haughty and did not take care of visitors.

------------------>

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Revelation 22:10-17Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
10 Then he said to me, “Don’t seal up the words of the prophecy in this book,a]">[a] because the time of their fulfillment is near.

11 “Whoever keeps acting wickedly, let him go on acting wickedly;
whoever is filthy, let him go on being made filthy.

“Also, whoever is righteous, let him go on doing what is righteous;
and whoever is holy, let him go on being made holy.”

12 “Pay attention!” [says Yeshua,] “I am coming soon, and my rewards are with me to give to each person according to what he has done. 13 I am the ‘A’ and the ‘Z,’ the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.”

14 How blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they have the right to eat from the Tree of Life and go through the gates into the city! 15 Outside are the homosexuals, those involved with the occult and with drugs, the sexually immoral, murderers, idol-worshippers, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood. 16 “I, Yeshua, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the Messianic communities. I am the Root and Offspring of David, the bright Morning Star. 17 The Spirit and the Bride say, ‘Come!’ Let anyone who hears say, ‘Come!’ And let anyone who is thirsty come — let anyone who wishes, take the water of life free of charge.”

Footnotes:
  1. Revelation 22:10 Daniel 12:4
----------------------------------------------
Proverbs 3:32,Revelation 19:16 AMPC - For the perverse are an ...
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?...3:32,Revelation...
BibleGateway.com
For the perverse are an abomination [extremely disgusting and detestable] to the Lord;
----------------------------------------------

Revelation 21:8
KJ21
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers,and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
ASV
But for the fearful, and unbelieving, and abominable, and murderers, and fornicators, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, their part shall be in the lake that burneth with fire and brimstone; which is the second death.
AMP
But as for the cowards and unbelieving and abominable [who are devoid of character and personal integrity and practice or tolerate immorality], and murderers, and sorcerers [with intoxicating drugs], and idolaters and occultists [who practice and teach false religions], and all the liars [who knowingly deceive and twist truth], their part will be in the lake that blazes with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
---------------------------------------------------

1 Corinthians 6:9-10Amplified Bible (AMP)

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit or have any share in the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; [a]neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate [by perversion], nor those who participate in homosexuality, 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers [whose words are used as weapons to abuse, insult, humiliate, intimidate, or slander], nor swindlers will inherit or have any share in the kingdom of God.
Footnotes:

1 Corinthians 6:9 This list of sinners, which continues into v 10, is used by Paul to describe various sinful lifestyles. All such lifestyles are impossible for true believers, who continue to sin but not to live lives of sin.
1 Corinthians 6:9 Lit male homosexuals.
----------------------------------------------------------

Revelation 9:4-20King James Version (KJV)

4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.

6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

7 And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.

8 And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.

9 And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.

10 And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.

11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

12 One woe is past; and, behold, there come two woes more hereafter.

13 And the sixth angel sounded, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God,

14 Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates.

15 And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.

16 And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them.

17 And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone.

18 By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, and by the brimstone, which issued out of their mouths.

19 For their power is in their mouth, and in their tails: for their tails were like unto serpents, and had heads, and with them they do hurt.

20 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:

Amplified Bible (AMP)

Upvote 0

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No. The cleansing Blood of Jesus is not a candy bar
that is put away when children are bad.
Your theology is more of a risk than Gomorrah would be.

There is a difference between being bad, but not beyond redemption by the blood of Christ or being bad by perverting the truth of Christ and calling it Christ, at the detriment of future generations to cover.

Let me give you an example......

"Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,'

If humanity reverts to Sodom on a global scale, by institutionalising a Genderless Society and calling it the new Christianity, then God sovereignly will determine as to whether the world on a global scale is beyond redemption, by tge outright perversion of his Son's gospel.

If God so deems the world beyond repairation, then he will rip up the peace contract he made with humanity and revert to deal with humanity as he did in Old Testament times.

God has declared.......

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare. (2 Peter 3:10)

Paul calls it the great falling away, where the man of sin, who is destined for destruction is revealed. The revealing of the man of sin is in the plural, a genderless society, that will result in seift judgement.

Remember when Abraham asked the Lord if there were 20 people in Sodom, will he still destroy it?

The Lord replied that if 10 people were good he wouldn't destroy it, but that there was not even 10 good people.

In a genderless society Christianity would be so manipulated as to teach future generations that God will accept them any way they are. The perversion of the gospel will render the contact null and void.

As for the candy bar that you mentioned.....

This is the plague with which the LORD will strike all the nations that fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths. (Zechariah 14:12)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,'

I've since followed up on this topic.
God does not any longer do this.
In FACT a static, identifiable, known
percentage of babies are not
identifiable as either sex and you
might be speaking to one.

Do you need your face slapped
now or later?

Upvote 0

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've since followed up on this topic.
God does not any longer do this.
In FACT a static, identifiable, known
percentage of babies are not
identifiable as either sex and you
might be speaking to one.

Do you need your face slapped
now or later?

Thank you for identifying on which side of the fence you stand on. God had declared before even creating man and women, the following.......

So God created human beings in his own image. In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. (Genesis 1:27)

In essence the Creator placed upon this union of man and female a created rights, which points to his image (ownership), similar to a copyright of intellectual property. In scripture it is written......

Numbers 23:19
19 God is not human, that he should lie,
not a human being, that he should change his mind.
Does he speak and then not act?
Does he promise and not fulfill?

And again........

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
(Hebrews 13:8)

Jesus Christ is the Creator of man and women and in this regard, he doesn't change the image or created rights that he placed upon his created beings, whereby his unchanging image is attached to, because the Lord does not change.

When an engineer designs, with functionality in mind, the success of the design is determined upon the intended outcome for what the application is designed for. If the functionality changes midway, then the engineer needs to incorporate compensations for the disturbances, otherwise the application is a runaway, uncontrolled system.

Now you have made certain allegations about God being the one who has introduced these disturbances to his purpose built created system. To make such derogatory allegations, requires you to show evidence, by linking God to the presumed statics that you haphazardly interpret without context.

You say......

In FACT a static, identifiable, known percentage of babies are not identifiable as either sex and you might be speaking to one.

From what I gather from your statement above, correct me if I'm wrong, that you believe that you MIGHT have been one of those genderless babies, right?

Now let me highlight the word you used MIGHT.

You used the word MIGHT subconsciously because you don't even know for sure, right?

Let me explain to you what has happened to the human race from the inception of disturbances introduced by evil into the world. Before I do this, I need to remind you from a scientific point of view, if a mother takes drugs whilst pregnant, the baby can also be addicted to drugs. Does that make the baby identifiable as one who is a junkie?

Take for example a mother who has anxiety whilst pregnant and her child comes to be a schizophrenic. Does that make the baby identifiable as one who is a schizophrenic?

A mother when pregnant has homosexual tendencies/lifestyle, whereby certain chemicals are exhibited in her body. Does that make the baby identifiable as one who is homosexual?

We know that from a scientific point of view, the life style that society chooses upon itself, will ultimately bring forth a society of cannibals, herbivores, junkies, schizophrenics and many other disturbances, compliments of the way the society has drifted away from th created image rights of the creator.

The society by virtue of the collective mind has been the instigator of disturbances, throughout the centuries and from generation to generations. There were times where babies were conditioned for war, by tribal leaders who were continuously at war and the babies inherited a warlike condition as a result of the societies lifestyle and direction.

The context of the statics you point to is the decadence of society that has been responsible for cultivating such homosexual tendencies, which are an outright abomination to the created image rights of the Creator and an absolute mockery of the intended purpose that God had created man and women in the first place.

In summary the disturbances bringing about warlike babies, junkie babies, cannible babies, skizophrenic and homosexual babies are all a result of a sickly conditioned society that has gone astray from its intended functional purpose.

In this regard, God has shown in the past that he flooded the world, when the society was conditioned by a disturbance that was beyond reparation and in this regard, when the homosexual disease of society is rampant, then God will send down the torch from heaven to end the endemic plaguing the 21st century.

Upvote 0

Freedom Now

Jun 26, 2016
Canada
✟8,448.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom, she and her daughters had,..

Pride

Surfeit of food

Prosperous ease

Did not aid the poor and needy

Were haughty

Did abominable things before ME

Therefore I removed them, when I saw it.

Hmmmm,

just reading it, makes me think of modern day "christianity" in the western world.

Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Of course.

Soon He will allow 1/3 of terra firma, the animals and humans to be destroyed before Antichrist shows up.

Then Antichrist will destroy some more.

His judgments are still going on, they are usually secularized and missed, mistaken for something else.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Yes......... but we may be surprised which cities G-d has mercy on.....
and which cities are destroyed.

Google, "The Book of Jasher" and read the extra material there about
the conditions in Sodom and Gomorrah....... if you would like to have a
surprise.

Upvote 0