would anyone have any left overs from their wedding?

I know what I am about to explain might sound unbelievable to some but it is true although I wish it were not so. I am praying someone can understand and help.

My name is Sindy. I am a 34-year-old woman who escaped an abusive husband after 15 years of abuse in a marriage. In the 15 years, I lost 2 precious unborn babies to his abuse. I was hurt in every way you can imagine, many being too vulgar to put into words. He forced me to do disgusting things and kept videos of these acts in order to blackmail and shame me into staying with him. He threatened to make these ugly acts public to my family and friends saying they would all hate me and think it was my doing not his. He went so far as to show my father a video of me after I left him the first time. My dad being very elderly and not clear in his thinking any longer, refused to ever speak to me again and he died hating me, I believe as a result of what he thought I had done willingly.
Suicide seemed the only answer for me but something deep inside of me wanted to live a happy life and be free. I felt like Jesus still wanted me to live and that He would help me. I prayed for strength to leave once more and vowed I would not be brought back. In order to do escape I had to move across the country, change my name and cut all ties with my past completely including my family. It is not safe for me to be in contact with anyone as my ex husband made it very clear he would hunt me down if I ever left him. He has done this twice before finding me and bringing me back under threat of either killing me or hurting my loved ones. I finally was able to get my name changed and start over but I will live in fear forever that he will not give up until I am dead.
I started my life over and was able to secure a divorce. I did not ever expect to find “love” but I was blessed enough to meet a wonderful Christain man and slowly he was able to help me rebuild my ability to trust and love. He is a wonderful man with a wonderful understanding family who has shown me so much kindness and love. I can feel again and I feel alive again. We want to get married but lack the resources to do so as I have had to travel to the USA and undergo surgeries and medical procedures to correct old injuries from the abuses and we are still paying for the treatments and I will be in therapy for some time. I just a happy wedding day we can remember as lovely and special. There won’t be many guests as my dear one is quite new to Canada and doesn’t know many people yet. His family is not here and cannot afford to come so it will be a simple wedding but I do so want a dress to make me look like a bride. We are just getting by financially and a new dress or any decorations etc is not in the budget at all.

<B>I was hoping someone might have an old dress in my size (or able to be altered) that they no longer needed or would be willing to lend with my solemn promise to take care of it and return it if that is what is wanted. </B>Even if it’s a dress in very bad shape perhaps I could salvage some lace or parts of it to make something that would work?
If anyone had any left over wedding decorations, favors just anything they had used to didn’t need I would be so so grateful. Just anything to make the day seem like a happy festive occasion. Old lace, fabric, just anything I could somehow craft into something for us to use. I would be so grateful. I know I am asking a lot and I am asking people to trust me but this is sincere from my heart and I am putting my story out there with the hopes that someone might understand what a happy wedding days means to a girl, even an older one. I would love to be pretty to my dear fiancé and to look like a beautiful bride.
I feel afraid to ask, afraid to put my story out there and afraid to expose myself to strangers but I also feel desperate to have a day to remember and there is no way we can afford this without someone’s kindness. I’m not asking for anything but unwanted or un needed items and I would be most grateful for absolutely anything, even if it’s damaged, old or needs work. I take about a size 18-20 dress and had hoped yellow might be the color of any decorations but I am not fussy. If you have anything you are going to get rid of anyway would you consider sharing it? Your left overs, no matter what, could help me make our day special. I am putting my faith in God and just asking for what I really want hoping that God will help through someone here.
God bless you for taking the time to read this.
Thank you
Best regards, Sindy
I can be reached at [Email address removed - please read our rules - no email addresses to be posted. Members can contact you via PM or by clicking the email link which will still keep your email address private - Erwin]

Didymus

can t spell--can t type
Feb 3, 2002
New York state
✟10,771.00
Faith
Protestant
I can t help you with the dress but have youtried any clothing banks in your area ? or the Salvation Army ? could your chuch help you --if you have one ? Right now all i can do is bless you lots and lots.
Get an order of protection against your ex at once. It might not stop him but it will give him jail time if he violetes it.
I would have kikked him a long time ago but i am a violent person.

Upvote 0
Thank you.
I do have an order of protection against him and I am deeply hoping he does not know where I am. That's why I cannot contact any former family and friends. Thanks for the kind thoughts. I have looked at the Sally Ann but so far no wedding type dresses. I know I am asking alot but I so badly want a specail day and to look pretty for this wonderful man.

Upvote 0

kimber1

mean people suck
Feb 25, 2003
Va.
Visit site
✟38,363.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
You poor thing! What a life! You have my most heartfelt sympathy and prayer. Where is your wedding taking place? I made all my flower arrangements for my own 2nd wedding last year and I did have some extra boutinerres made for the men. They are white rose buds with some greenery behind them and I also have some of those fold out wedding bells that honeycomb. If you're interested you can pm me and I can see if I can help! Gooid luck and God bless!

Upvote 0

MY-LIFE-IS-IN-YOU-LORD

I am a Princess because MY DADDY is the KING of KI
Feb 25, 2003
gaston, sc
Visit site
✟164.00
I am sitting here crying as i read your story and just want to tell youn want a strong women you are! I would like to tell you first I love you in the LORD.
i got married for about 50 dollars! it was the most wonderful wedng i have ever seen! we also did not have the money to get married. i borrowed a beutiful wedding dress from my godmother and myy husband borrowed a tuexdo from my godmothers nephew.
i want to wal-mart and bought white roses and grennery and made my own flowers and the extra baby breath went in to my hair and my daughters and my husband jacket.
i had a friend do my hair and it was wonderful. i got married at y church by my pastor. i had picked a song for my husband [which he did not know about] my father walked me down the aile and my husband did not even see my dress so the look on his face alone was priceless! the reception was great. a freiend made a cake and nedd refrshments and it was wonderful!
i even have pictures and video from it.
on by the way do i metion it was put together in 3 days!

your GOD shall supply all [ot some, but all!]your needs !

GOD will put poeple in your path to make it the most rememberable moment in your life besides when you gave her heart to the LORD.
plaese let me know of the needs you have for your wedding! i will help anyway i am able [ i can do all things through CHRIST who gives me strenth!] please pm me or email me

love you in CHRIST

Upvote 0
wow. 50. was a good deal. churches here charge and so do the ministers as far as i know but i am very new here. thanks for the good ideas. kim the flowers sound nice and i would love them if you don't need them. we are not having a reception or anything so i don't think i would use the bells. thank you both very kindly.

Upvote 0
i guess to be completely honest what i am most hoping for is a dress.
i would love the day to be special and i would love to look nice to erase the bad memories i guess. maybe that is being pridefull.....maybe it is wrong to hope for a dress. i just feel ashamed and ugly fromn the past. i want to look nice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Sindy,
You will be in my prayers. To loose one child had to be devistating, but two, you must have been completely destroyed. I am so sorry for everything you went through. Your story makes my worries seem so trivial. When are you planning to be married? I will be married in May, if it is after that, I will have some things available.

--Dawn

Upvote 0
we are hoping for april or july if we can swing it. the battered womens center doesn't have anything......i'm not so certain they support the idea of getting married....perhaps they think ALL men are bad which i know is not the case. thanks for the good wishes. i am feeling very down about the whole thing right now.

Upvote 0
this may sound weird, but have you looked on ebay? i've heard of people getting insanely good deals on their dresses there, either from people selling their own dress or from shops that have gone out of business
i don't think there is anything wrong w/ wanting a dress or wanting to look beautiful on your wedding day:) best of luck to you :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

E-beth

Senior Contributor
Feb 6, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
✟20,861.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Don't worry, hopeful and everyone else...

Hopefulbride has a wedding gown on the way to her front door as we speak!

Funny, I always held on to my first wedding dress. It is lovely, but the marriage was over and I sold the rings and moved on with my life. I burned my bouquet in effigy. (evil grin)

But I held on to the dress. I considered a consignment shop and e-bay, but just never got around to it. It didn't feel right, ya know?

Anyway, I have been praying that someday the gown could be used for some good. Hopeful Bride was the answer. It is just about the right size, maybe a little big so she can fix it to fit, and it was never altered so if she isn't a shortie like me her ankles won't show.

Hopeful, don't worry about sending it back. I sent a letter with it telling ya what I want ya to do with it. I am praising God that He saw to it that I had that dress. Praise the Lord!!!

Upvote 0
I'm just so happy and can't wait. The Lord does answer even the most trivial of prayers doesn't he? Thank you so much E-beth. I can't wait to see it. I'll let you know when it arrives. Thanks again.

Please continue to pray for me as I feel quite sad alot just over past things and I know I should be happy and grateful to just be alive.

Upvote 0