• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Worthy Ministry - Hope House Cebu

Discussion in 'Missions, Evangelism & Witnessing' started by KayJoy, Oct 22, 2016.

1. KayJoy

KayJoy Newbie

+92
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I've recently become acquainted with this ministry and have been so so blessed to be a part of supporting their work in Cebu, Philippines among the homeless, poor, street kids, trafficking victims, etc ... feeding, loving, supporting, paying medical bills, and sharing the Gospel. It's a blessing to see what God is doing there!! :heartpulse::sparklingheart::heartpulse:

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. faroukfarouk

faroukfarouk Fading curmudgeon

+15,042
    Non-Denom
    Married
    So are you from the Philippines? :)

3. KayJoy

KayJoy Newbie

+92
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    No, I'm from the US ... but I must say, that after becoming friends with this ministry and seeing the work they do... I've dreamed of going there :) :heart:

4. faroukfarouk

faroukfarouk Fading curmudgeon

+15,042
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Keep praying about your options! :)

5. KayJoy

KayJoy Newbie

+92
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Amen... thank you for that!! :) My heart keeps going there, for sure:heart:
    Did you watch the video? What did you think?

6. inhissight

inhissight New Member

+0
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Is this the same ministry?

A Review of David’s Book: Living in Hope a.k.a Living a Lie

It looks like some of the donor money has been going to paying rent for an unmarried teen couple to live together.

Nicko & Rochelyn: A sad account of two of the original Hope House Kids
    Nicko & Rochelyn: A sad account of two of the original Hope House Kids

Not sure I would want to support a ministry that condones such behavior and uses funds in such a way. The man running this ministry is apparently mentally unstable.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017