jlujan69

Jul 28, 2004
United States
✟5,360.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Ok, this is on another thread, but I wanted to make a few changes. In your lifetime and as far back as you can actually recall, who was/is the worst president up to now and why? One stipulation: if the current administration is the only one you honestly remember, don't answer because you can hardly make a comparison with the others since any analysis you make of previous administrations would be based more on the observations, feelings, and conclusions of others, and not your own.

R

Roman Soldier

There have been four US presidents during my lifetime. I remember Clinton well, and a little bit about the first Bush. This is obviously bait for Bush-haters, but I'll play along.

Why?
- Starting the war in Iraq on the bogus premise that it was a current threat to the United States. Iraq had no WMD, as has been proven by a complete search of the country, but somehow people still support Bush and the President. It's amazing that this could happen in the first place, let alone that Bush would be re-elected for it! The Saddam regime had no connection to Al-Quida, 9/11, or any other plans to attack us or our allies. We basically attacked them because they were "bad guys." Try going to court and convicting someone of being an arms dealer by telling the jury he's a "bad guy," without any weapons or other evidence.
- Sheer ignorance when it comes to environment, especially global warming. Big business is more important to him than sustainable development
- The dangers he poses to reproductive freedoms
- He's the posterboy of the Religous Right and it's ways, which I oppose

That's a good start. I don't know how many times I'm going to have to make lists like this. I guess I should just save it somewhere.

Upvote 0

RiverSalado

Oct 8, 2005
✟286.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Republican
Clinton, I also think that the economic expansion that happened during his tenure was more due to Alan Greenspan and Robert Rubin, his Treasury secretary than to him personally. If you would include Nixon, then I guess Nixon would edge him out by an inch because of Watergate.

Upvote 0

LOVEthroughINTELLECT

The courage to be human
Jul 30, 2005
✟25,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Reagan isn't just the worst as far back as I can recall. He is the worst of the whole group.

Nixon was a crook, but I don't think he was a bad executive.

Meanwhile, George W. Bush has been President during more difficult times than Reagan.

I don't think Reagan was a very good executive. And I think that even with the Cold War his two terms were better times than now and it was easier then to build a good legacy. And legacies are what this thread is really about, right?

G.W. Bush and Nixon are a close second and third worst, though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DailyBlessings

O Christianos Cryptos; Amor Vincit Omnia!
Oct 21, 2004
Berkeley, CA
Visit site
✟30,234.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ah, presidents are nothing but smoke and mirrors. They are only relevant insofar as they manage to distract the public from the things that are actually going on. Of the presidents who've been in office during my lifetime, all four excelled at that task, so I did not I vote in the poll.

Reactions: Latreia
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wildthing

Legend
Apr 9, 2004
somewhere in Michigan
✟23,757.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
The honor of the worst goes to Bill Clinton or Carter. The best would be Ronald Reagen I had a small business at the time and did very well. When Slick got in with the new regs that he pushed for I had to sell. The new owners ended up losing the business.

In all the worst president that I have studied have been Dem. Of that lot the best was JFK.

Upvote 0
R

Roman Soldier

wildthing said:
The honor of the worst goes to Bill Clinton or Carter. The best would be Ronald Reagen I had a small business at the time and did very well. When Slick got in with the new regs that he pushed for I had to sell. The new owners ended up losing the business.

In all the worst president that I have studied have been Dem. Of that lot the best was JFK.

Could you please explain how Bill Clinton ruined your business?

Upvote 0
C

Christian24

The war in Iraq was not for nothing. It wasn't based on the fact that they they had WOMD or not. I'm sure they did. The Syrians probally moved it for them right before the invasion. It was invaded to show the rest of the Middle-East that a democracy is the way to go. It was also part of the Fly Trap Plan. This plan was created in order to draw terrorists out. Terrorism is the toughest war to fight: They're not in one fixed position , they will gladly kill themselves and innocent people for their cause , and are following unknown leaders. Bush did the right thing in invading Iraq. And everyone who complains about , coudn't do a better job themselves if their life depended on it.Bush didn't create deficits , he was given them. I schudder at the thought of Gore in office with 9/11 on his shoulders and the deficits. Clinton was hands down the worst president. He commited perjury and lied to the american people about his affairs too. He has allegedlly sexually assaulted a women with his pants down and has comitted adultry. The fool pulled out of Somalia like a coward and was terrible with foriegn realtions.( Whoever voted for Reagen being the worst president , he was the best.)

Upvote 0

BOJAX

Vaccinated with a phonograph needle.
May 12, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
✟2,542.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
CANADIAN...

I have lived through Trudeau, turner, mulroney, chretien, and our present martin

i guess mulroney could be considered the worst

i liked chretien even though half the time i could not understand a word he spoke
lol

Upvote 0