Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Luke 4:8

Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Worship the Lord your God and serve him only."

Does that verse show us how? But I can point to John 14:6 and John 5:23 on how. See?

Romans 8:26-27

In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.

The Holy Spirit is our helper and acts in accordance to the will of God.

That reference does not show nor teach us to worship the Holy Spirit. What it does show that not even His groanings can be uttered and so verse 27 is about Jesus Christ that searches our hearts ( see Hebrews 4:12-16 for confirmation ) Who also KNOWS the mind of the Spirit to give His silent intercessions for Him to the Father because that is in according to the will of God being how there is only One Mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, so specified so as to know that is not the job of the Spirit of Christ. 1 Timothy 2:5

The will of God is that we worship Him .... if the Holy Spirit intercedes then our prayers will be worshiping God.

I know the Holy Spirit is God and I know He is One of the Three Persons of the One God, but scripture IS telling us how to come to God the Father by John 14:6 and how to only honor the Father by John 5:23.

The Holy Spirit is sent to testify of the Son ( John 15:26 ) to glorify the Son ( John 16:14 ) so how can He do that except thru us in worship ( John 15:27 & Philippians 2:5-13 )

Do we heed His sayings or not?

Upvote 0

Revelation 22:10-12

Jan 31, 2019
Hermitage
✟17,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I gave you Acts 13:1-4, and you ignore this. Here we have some who are "worshipping the Lord", and then we read that the Holy Spirit is the Person of the Godhead Who responds.

I must have missed that post. Sorry.

Acts 13:1Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. 2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them. 3 And when they had fasted and prayed, and laid their hands on them, they sent them away. 4 So they, being sent forth by the Holy Ghost, departed unto Seleucia; and from thence they sailed to Cyprus.

Although that does not address them as worshiping the Holy Ghost, I will address that the Lord in verse 2 was the Lord Jesus Christ as He speaks to us through the Holy Ghost in us. Scripture confirms;

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. KJV

Pick any Bible version and John 16:13 will say the Holy Spirit cannot speak on His own accord or on His own initiative or on His own authority; but speaks what He hears.

To explain why it says the Holy Ghost said is to understand how He was speaking and that is by hearing what the Lord Jesus Christ has said and relaying His words to us.

If we look at another reference when it comes to us in the ministry; we look at the temporary infilling of the Holy Ghost given even to Judas Iscariot whom was not a believer to see how the Holy Spirit spoke thru them as being the Spirit of the Father.

Matthew 10:19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. 20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

Now that Jesus has ascended, Jesus is speaking thru the Holy Spirit in us. So it is not we who speak and not really the Holy Spirit speaking His own words through us, but the Lord Jesus Christ.

Does this not tell you that this "Lord" is the Holy Spirit?

No because what they were doing in Acts 13:1-4 was ministering unto the Lord they were worshiping when the Holy Ghost in them spoke, relaying a message from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Do you know what the word "woship" means? Just checking with an English dictionary online, defines it as, "to have or show a strong feeling of respect and admiration for God". So, are you suggesting that it is Biblically wrong to have strong feeling of "respect and admiration" for the Holy Spirit, Whom you also admit is God? Or, even to "honour and love and glorify", each Person in the Godhead. You are simply trying to argue for something that is not even possible to be in the Bible, because the Three Persons in the Godhead are COEQUAL. This term means that they are EQUAL in ALL that they are, and all that they receive.

Do you believe that the Holy Spirit is a lesser "God" than the Father and Jesus?

I do not believe the Holy Spirit is a lesser God when He is One with the Triune God, but Whose will shall be done? The Father's. Does that not dictate authority within the Godhead?

Who died on the cross? Who has risen from the dead? Who has ascended to the right hand of God the Father to make intercessions for us always as He prepares a place for us in bringing us Home?

Who is being worshipped in Heaven?

Revelation 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death....

Revelation 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; 10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb. 11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God, 12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.

Is Jesus your first love or not? Is He not your Bridegroom or not? Is Jesus the glory of God or not?

Upvote 0

ToServe

Sep 18, 2018
Sydney
✟29,108.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As heady as that term means, His word says otherwise. We either apply the term or we apply His words.

The term homoouisian is not foreign to the words of Jesus. The term applies to the one triune being who is Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Jesus would say "Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father. But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.”

The source of Devine providence owing to those miraculous works were not by the Son who emptied himself and humbled himself to the death on the Cross, but were being established by Jesus words that they were by the Father and the Holy Spirit.

"The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves. 12Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it."

In another place Jesus says that all manner of sins shall be forgiven, except those against the Holy Spirit. The Pharisees were accusing him of being possessed because of those Devine Providence works. Jesus is saying you can sin against the Son in his emptied of Devine Providence state, yet you cannot sin against the Holy Spirit who is executing those miraculous works in harmony with the will of the Father who is in Jesus.

Acknowledging the Triune God is one thing; how the Father wants us to honor Him is another.

You cannot acknowledge the one Triune God, without having to honour all three within the Godhead. The Son is the one to one designated representative of the one Triune Being who is one.

There is a judgment on all believer preceding that standard raised to what that judgment is on how the Father wants us to honor Him by.

Post Pentecost, we are to honour the Father through the Greater Works of the Holy Spirit of Grace who is present in our hearts. Not honouring the Spirit of Grace is to not honour the Father. The justified in Christ believer through the one Spirit of the one Godbeing is very much honouring both the Father and the Son. From Post Pentecost, the Spirit of Grace is the sole conduit to the Father and the Son, because the Son said so below -

Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit

15“If you love me, keep my commands. 16And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

It is not enough to only acknowledge the Spirit of Grace, but to honour him, because when you do, you are doing this -

9You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. 10But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness. 11And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.

12Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation—but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. 13For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.

What does it mean to live by the Holy Spirit of Grace?

It means to honour both the Father and the Son through Him.

John 5: 22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Context that follows is important in how the Son is being honoured.

31“If I testify about myself, my testimony is not true. 32There is another who testifies in my favor, and I know that his testimony about me is true.

Who is the other?

33“You have sent to John and he has testified to the truth. 34Not that I accept human testimony; but I mention it that you may be saved. 35John was a lamp that burned and gave light, and you chose for a time to enjoy his light.

36I have testimony weightier than that of John. For the works that the Father has given me to finish—the very works that I am doing—testify that the Father has sent me. 37And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form, 38nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent.

The testimony as to who the other is post Pentecost leaves us no doubt that He is the Spirit of Grace who teaches us all things through the Devine Ruarch Quadish (Spirit Holy).

We are coming to The Father and the Son through the Ruarch Quadish and his Almighty works that Jesus promised would be manifest in believers at the time when he comes and within the Pentecost context of the entire chapter 14 in John.

12Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

These greater works are being dispensed by the Spirit of Grace. Since works within a Holy Spirit indwelled believer must be personally acknowledged and honoured, then it leaves us no doubt that an intrinsic relationship between the justified in Christ and the Spirit of Grace must exist in a very close bond that has the main emphasis in honouring the Father and the Son, as they make their home with us though the Spirit of Grace.

Then understand the negative on when we stop honoring the Father at the latter end of verse 23.

To stop honouring the Father and the Son, means that the individual is trying to circumvent and to bypass the Spirit of Grace and there lies the problem. The path to the Father and the Son is through the one to one relationship with the Spirit of Grace and Paul in Romans says it all.

And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.

There is no closer bond to honour God by, than to have this personal relationship with the Spirit of Grace, for Paul says -

5Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. 7The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.

9You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. 10But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness. 11And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.

There is no wiggle room for the honoring of the Holy Spirit in worship, even though He is God.

The above statement is false isn't it?

By now you should be well aware that nothing can be done to honour, glorify and worship the Father and the Son without it being clinically achieved by the Spirit of Grace in an individual by individual basis. The intrinsic motivation for doing this is by the greater miraculous works that the Holy Spirit is dispensing by changing the heart of stone to a heart of flesh, which means that we are being circumcised not by the letter of the Law that was written in stone, but are being circumcised in the heart through our personal relationship with the Spirit of Grace.

Acknowledging the Spirit of Grace without honouring and worship the Father and the Son through Him becomes the consequential underlying determinant of John 5:22-23.

No one can honour and worship the Father and the Son without the Spirit of Grace, as the world cannot see him, nor hear him and nor acknowledge him as the only person who can make this happen. Wonderful and miraculous things happen within the justified in Christ believer because of the Spirit of Grace and because of his close relationship with the subject of Christ that he builds as work in progress, throughout the life of the believer and so as it declared, if he speaks to your heart, do not ignore him.

The fact that strange confusing phenomenon occurs when focus is on the Holy Spirit in the worship place should be more than enough to show cause and effect for not heeding His words for why believers are falling by that phenomenon.

By now you would have established quite the opposite to the above, as to the cause and effect of John 5:22-23.

No one can become a new creation without having a one to one relationship through the Spirit of Grace. This narrow path becomes the intrinsic motivator to how a mind governed by the flesh can be completely recreated to a mind governed by the Spirit of Grace, in whom we place honour, faith and trust in him to see us through the tribulation task of what lies ahead, within our lifetime.

For it is written -

13And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

Thanksgiving and Prayer

Paul continues to elaborate on the glory that we are to give to the Spirit of Grace as follows -

I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.

The Spirit of Grace must remain alive in us, in order for us to know the Father and the Son, because he is the one doing the testifying, regenerating and promising of what is to come.

21Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, 22set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

We can only live this reconciled relationship with God the Father thru Jesus Christ, the Bridegroom. That also includes how we come to God the Father in honoring Him in worship. There's no other way.

The prerogative of Jesus in people coming through Him was in his 3.5 year commission to the house of Judah (Lion of Judah), when he first came in the flesh to the Jews to dispense his Gospel and to guide them to the Father through Him.

The post Pentecost prerogative of the Holy Spirit takes the place of Jesus in the commission to make disciples of all the world and the gentile nations thereof and this, as Jesus had pointed out is the greater works of John 14:12 that would be dispensed and arbitrated by the Spirit of Grace.

Since you live within the Holy Spirit commission, you cannot circumvent and/or to bypass him, because the Father and the Son sent him as the sole conduit to them and without him there is no other path. As Paul explicitly states -

you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

21Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, 22set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
**Pretty much everything said**
There comes a point when it's not about truth, and more about arguing.

Titus 3:9-11
9 But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless. 10 Reject a divisive man after the first and second admonition, 11 knowing that such a person is warped and sinning, being self-condemned.

Upvote 0

Jan 31, 2019
Hermitage
✟17,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yowza! A Long post! Lord Jesus, help me read this all the way through.

The term homoouisian is not foreign to the words of Jesus. The term applies to the one triune being who is Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Jesus would say if "Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father. But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.”

The source of Devine providence owing to those miraculous works were not by the Son who emptied himself and humbled himself to the death on the Cross, but were being established by Jesus words that they were by the Father and the Holy Spirit.

"The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves. 12Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it."

In another place Jesus says that all manner of sins shall be forgiven, except those against the Holy Spirit. The Pharisees were accusing him of being possessed because of those Devine Providence works. Jesus is saying you can sin against the Son in his emptied of Devine Providence state, yet you cannot sin against the Holy Spirit who is executing those miraculous works in harmony with the will of the Father who is in Jesus as His Father who is glorified through him.

There are some credits that are being given to the Holy Spirit that should not have. An example is that it is the Father that draws men unto the Son ( John 6:44 ) and not the Holy Spirit. It is the Father that reveals the Son to even babes so they can believe in Him to be saved ( Matthew 11:25-27 )

Another example is the words of the Spirit and the fruits of the Spirit and the gifts of the Spirit are from Jesus Christ as scripture testifies that the Holy Spirit will give that credit & glory to Jesus Christ.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. 15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

So the idea that each all deserving the same credit and glory as God the Savior is ignoring scripture when Jesus said that He and the Father share the same hand in salvation and it is the Father that sends the promise of the permanent indwelling Holy Ghost in Jesus's name.

That means the Holy Spirit does not move on its own accord.

That means praying to the Holy Spirit is not the right way to come to God the Father by.

That means that all those phenomenon of confusion that comes by praying to the Holy Spirit is not of God because the Holy Spirit is not answering those prayers; it is not His job.

What is His job is to glorify the Son by testifying of the Son and by doing so glorify God the Father.

You cannot acknowledge the one Triune God, without having to honour all three within the Godhead. The Son is the one to one designated representative of that one Triune Being who is one.

Post Pentecost, we are to honour the Father through the Greater Works of the Holy Spirit of Grace who is present in our hearts. Not honouring the Spirit of Grace is to not honour the Father as the justified in Christ believer through the one Spirit of the one Godbeing is very much honouring both the Father and the Son. From Post Pentecost, the Spirit of Grace is the sole conduit to the Father and the Son, because the Son said so below -

If that was true, the n as led by the Spirit, those disciples and Paul would teach plainly that in the epistles to the churches but as it is, all invitations points to the Son still to avoid seducing spirits aka the spirits of the antichrist. The indwelling Holy Spirit would never lead believers to speak of Himself in honoring Himself in seeking His own glory. That is not His job.

Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit

15“If you love me, keep my commands. 16And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

It is not enough to only acknowledge the Spirit of Grace, but to honour him, because when you do, you are doing this -

12Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation—but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. 13For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.

What does it mean to live by the Holy Spirit of Grace?

It means to honour both the Father and the Son through Him

Context that follows is important in how the Son is being honoured.

31“If I testify about myself, my testimony is not true. 32There is another who testifies in my favor, and I know that his testimony about me is true.

Who is the other?

33“You have sent to John and he has testified to the truth. 34Not that I accept human testimony; but I mention it that you may be saved. 35John was a lamp that burned and gave light, and you chose for a time to enjoy his light.

36“I have testimony weightier than that of John. For the works that the Father has given me to finish—the very works that I am doing—testify that the Father has sent me. 37And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form, 38nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent.

The testimony as to who the other is post Pentecost leaves us no doubt that He is the Spirit of Grace who teaches us all things through the Devine Ruarch Quadish (Spirit Holy).

We are coming to The Father and the Son through the Ruarch Quadish and his Almighty works that Jesus promised would be manifest in believers at the time when he comes and within the context of the entire chapter 14 in John.

12Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

These greater works are being dispensed by the Spirit of Grace. Since works within a Holy Spirit indwelled believer must be personally acknowledged and honoured, then it leaves us no doubt that an intrinsic relationship between the justified in Christ and the Spirit of Grace must exist in a very close bond that has the main emphasis in honouring the Father and the Son, as they make their home with us though the Spirit of Grace.

To stop honouring the Father and the Son, means that the individual is trying to circumvent and to bypass the Spirit of Grace and there lies the problem. The path to the Father and the Son is through the one to one relationship with the Spirit of Grace and Paul in Romans says it all.

And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.

There is no closer bond to honour God by, than to have this personal relationship with the Spirit of Grace, for Paul says -

5Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. 7The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.

9You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. 10But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life d because of righteousness. 11And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of e his Spirit who lives in you.

This statement is false isn't it?

By now you should be well aware that nothing can be done to honour, glorify and worship the Father and the Son without it being clinically achieved by the Spirit of Grace in an individual by individual basis. The intrinsic motivation for doing this is by the greater miraculous works that the Holy Spirit is dispensing by changing the heart of stone to a heart of flesh, which means that we are being circumcised not by the letter of the Law that was written in stone, but are being circumcised in the heart through our personal relationship with the Spirit of Grace.

Acknowledging the Spirit of Grace without honouring and worship the Father and the Son through Him becomes the underlying determinant John 5:22-23.

No one can honour and worship the Father and the Son without the Spirit of Grace, as the world cannot see him, nor hear him and nor acknowledge him as the only person who can make this happen. Wonderful and miraculous things happen within the justified in Christ believer because of the Spirit of Grace and because of his close relationship with the subject of Christ that he builds as work in progress, throughout the life of the believer and so as it says if he speaks to your heart, do not ignore him.

By now you would have established quite the opposite to the above would be the cause and effect.

No one can become a new creation without have a one to one relationship through the Spirit of Grace. This becomes the intrinsic motivator to how a mind governed by the flesh can be completely recreated to a mind governed by the Spirit of Grace, in whom we out all of honour, faith and trust to see us through the tribulation task of what lies ahead within our lifetime.

For it is written -

13And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

Thanksgiving and Prayer

Paul continues to elaborate on the glory that we are to give to the Spirit of Grace as follows -

I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.

The Spirit of Grace must remain alive in us, for us to know the Father and the Son, because he is the one doing the testifying, regenerating and promising what is to come.

The prerogative of Jesus in people coming through Him was in his 3.5 year commission to the house of Judah (Lion of Judah), when he first came in the flesh to the Jews to dispense his Gospel and to guide them to the Father through Him.

The post Pentecost prerogative of the Holy Spirit takes the place of Jesus in the commission to make disciples of all the world and the gentile nations thereof and this, as Jesus had pointed out is the greater works of John 14:12 that would be dispensed and arbitrated by the Spirit of Grace.

Since you live within the Holy Spirit commission, you cannot circumvent and/or to bypass him, because the Father and the Son sent him as the sole conduit to them and without him there is no other path. As Paul explicitly states -

you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

I am aware of all those verses about the Holy Spirit as you seem to convey as the Spirit of Grace but how you are applying them to mean goes against other scripture that plainly states otherwise on how God the Father wants to be honored and how God the Father wants you to approach Him by.

Can the Holy Spirit speak of Himself in seeking His own glory through us? Does that not constitute a false witness from the Holy Spirit as God?

John 5:31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

John 7:18 He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

Is there unrighteousness in the Holy Spirit? No. Then how can He lead believers to speak of Himself in seeking His own glory in worship? He cannot and therefore He would not.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: 27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning

John 16:14 He shall glorify me:

How can the Holy Spirit do this? Through us in outward ministry and especially in worship.

Upvote 0

Jan 31, 2019
Hermitage
✟17,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There comes a point when it's not about truth, and more about arguing.

Titus 3:9-11
9 But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless. 10 Reject a divisive man after the first and second admonition, 11 knowing that such a person is warped and sinning, being self-condemned.

Correction as per admonishing comes from the word of God which no one has given one verse teaching the practice of worshiping the Holy Spirit with the Father and the Son. It is a legitimate concern when scripture teaches how God the Father wants us to come to Him by as Jesus is the only way ( John 14:6 ) and how God the Father wants us to honor Him by ( John 5:23 ) BUT when the Holy Spirit is honored in worship, sometimes phenomenon of confusion comes for which those who disagree with those scripture, are found wanting for why God would allow that strong delusion to occur in worship. John 10:1

Then I point to Luke 13:24-30 as a way to avoid it.

So you will not find any scripture to support that practice of worshiping the Holy Spirit with the Father & the Son because it would go against those scripture.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Correction as per admonishing comes from the word of God which no one has given one verse teaching the practice of worshiping the Holy Spirit with the Father and the Son. It is a legitimate concern when scripture teaches how God the Father wants us to come to Him by as Jesus is the only way ( John 14:6 ) and how God the Father wants us to honor Him by ( John 5:23 ) BUT when the Holy Spirit is honored in worship, sometimes phenomenon of confusion comes for which those who disagree with those scripture, are found wanting for why God would allow that strong delusion to occur in worship. John 10:1

Then I point to Luke 13:24-30 as a way to avoid it.

So you will not find any scripture to support that practice of worshiping the Holy Spirit with the Father & the Son because it would go against those scripture.

Case and point

Upvote 0

ToServe

Sep 18, 2018
Sydney
✟29,108.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
@Revelation 22:10-12

Post Pentecost works are ALL Holy Spirit authored, arbitrared and signed off on.

You cannot dismiss and/or to deny that all post Pentecost salvation works are authored, arbitrated and signed off on by the Holy Spirit of Grace, are you?

There are some credits that are being given to the Holy Spirit that should not have. An example is that it is the Father that draws men unto the Son ( John 6:44 ) and not the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Jan 31, 2019
Hermitage
✟17,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@Revelation 22:10-12

Post Pentecost works are ALL Holy Spirit authored, arbitrared and signed off on.

You cannot dismiss and/or to deny that all post Pentecost salvation works are authored, arbitrated and signed off on by the Holy Spirit of Grace, are you?

I can. We go to Paul.

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:.....11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Who is the author and finisher of our faith?

Hebrews 12:1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Who did Paul says to the Philippians as to who we are to worship and to obey him in his absence on that point?

Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. 12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

I realize that only God can cause the increase and so I leave you in His hands to minister to you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟718,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I must have missed that post. Sorry.

Acts 13:1Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. 2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them. 3 And when they had fasted and prayed, and laid their hands on them, they sent them away. 4 So they, being sent forth by the Holy Ghost, departed unto Seleucia; and from thence they sailed to Cyprus.

Although that does not address them as worshiping the Holy Ghost, I will address that the Lord in verse 2 was the Lord Jesus Christ as He speaks to us through the Holy Ghost in us. Scripture confirms;

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. KJV

Pick any Bible version and John 16:13 will say the Holy Spirit cannot speak on His own accord or on His own initiative or on His own authority; but speaks what He hears.

To explain why it says the Holy Ghost said is to understand how He was speaking and that is by hearing what the Lord Jesus Christ has said and relaying His words to us.

If we look at another reference when it comes to us in the ministry; we look at the temporary infilling of the Holy Ghost given even to Judas Iscariot whom was not a believer to see how the Holy Spirit spoke thru them as being the Spirit of the Father.

Matthew 10:19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. 20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

Now that Jesus has ascended, Jesus is speaking thru the Holy Spirit in us. So it is not we who speak and not really the Holy Spirit speaking His own words through us, but the Lord Jesus Christ.

No because what they were doing in Acts 13:1-4 was ministering unto the Lord they were worshiping when the Holy Ghost in them spoke, relaying a message from the Lord Jesus Christ.

I do not believe the Holy Spirit is a lesser God when He is One with the Triune God, but Whose will shall be done? The Father's. Does that not dictate authority within the Godhead?

Who died on the cross? Who has risen from the dead? Who has ascended to the right hand of God the Father to make intercessions for us always as He prepares a place for us in bringing us Home?

Who is being worshipped in Heaven?

Revelation 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death....

Revelation 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; 10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb. 11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God, 12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.

Is Jesus your first love or not? Is He not your Bridegroom or not? Is Jesus the glory of God or not?

"That reference does not show nor teach us to worship the Holy Spirit." Didn't say it did.

We know that only God should be worshipped (see Exodus 34:14 and Revelation 22:9). Only God deserves worship. The question of whether we should worship the Holy Spirit is answered simply by determining whether the Spirit is God. If the Holy Spirit is God, then He can and should be worshiped.

Scripture presents the Holy Spirit as not merely a “force” but as a Person. The Spirit is referred to in personal terms (John 15:26; 16:7–8, 13–14). He speaks (1 Timothy 4:1), He loves (Romans 15:30), He chooses (Acts 13:2), He teaches (John 14:26), and He guides (Acts 16:7). He can be lied to (Acts 5:3–4) and grieved (Ephesians 4:30).

The Holy Spirit possesses the nature of deity—He shares the attributes of God. He is eternal (Hebrews 9:14). He is omnipresent (Psalm 139:7–10) and omniscient (1 Corinthians 2:10–11). He was involved in the creation of the world (Genesis 1:2). The Holy Spirit enjoys intimate association with both the Father and the Son (Matthew 28:19; John 14:16). When we compare Exodus 16:7 with Hebrews 3:7–9, we see that the Holy Spirit and Yahweh are the same (see also Isaiah 6:8 as compared to Acts 28:25).

Since the Holy Spirit is God, and God is “worthy of praise” (Psalm 18:3), then the Spirit is worthy of worship. Jesus, the Son of God, received worship (Matthew 28:9), so it stands to reason that the Spirit of God would also receive worship. Philippians 3:3 tells us that believers “worship by the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus.” There is one God who eternally exists in three Persons. When we worship God, we naturally worship all three members of the Godhead.

How do we worship the Holy Spirit? The same way we worship the Father and the Son. Christian worship is spiritual, flowing from the inward workings of the Holy Spirit to which we respond by offering our lives to Him (Romans 12:1). We worship the Spirit by obedience to His commands. Referring to Christ, the apostle John explains that “those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us” (1 John 3:24). We see here the link between obeying Christ and the Holy Spirit who dwells within us, convicting us of our need to worship by obedience and empowering us to worship.

3 = 1

Upvote 0

Jan 31, 2019
Hermitage
✟17,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"That reference does not show nor teach us to worship the Holy Spirit." Didn't say it did.

Seems that is still what you are doing below. Making assumptions not stated in scripture.

We know that only God should be worshipped (see Exodus 34:14 and Revelation 22:9). Only God deserves worship. The question of whether we should worship the Holy Spirit is answered simply by determining whether the Spirit is God. If the Holy Spirit is God, then He can and should be worshiped.

Scripture presents the Holy Spirit as not merely a “force” but as a Person. The Spirit is referred to in personal terms (John 15:26; 16:7–8, 13–14). He speaks (1 Timothy 4:1), He loves (Romans 15:30), He chooses (Acts 13:2), He teaches (John 14:26), and He guides (Acts 16:7). He can be lied to (Acts 5:3–4) and grieved (Ephesians 4:30).

The Holy Spirit possesses the nature of deity—He shares the attributes of God. He is eternal (Hebrews 9:14). He is omnipresent (Psalm 139:7–10) and omniscient (1 Corinthians 2:10–11). He was involved in the creation of the world (Genesis 1:2). The Holy Spirit enjoys intimate association with both the Father and the Son (Matthew 28:19; John 14:16). When we compare Exodus 16:7 with Hebrews 3:7–9, we see that the Holy Spirit and Yahweh are the same (see also Isaiah 6:8 as compared to Acts 28:25).

Since the Holy Spirit is God, and God is “worthy of praise” (Psalm 18:3), then the Spirit is worthy of worship. Jesus, the Son of God, received worship (Matthew 28:9), so it stands to reason that the Spirit of God would also receive worship. Philippians 3:3 tells us that believers “worship by the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus.” There is one God who eternally exists in three Persons. When we worship God, we naturally worship all three members of the Godhead.

How do we worship the Holy Spirit? The same way we worship the Father and the Son. Christian worship is spiritual, flowing from the inward workings of the Holy Spirit to which we respond by offering our lives to Him (Romans 12:1). We worship the Spirit by obedience to His commands. Referring to Christ, the apostle John explains that “those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us” (1 John 3:24). We see here the link between obeying Christ and the Holy Spirit who dwells within us, convicting us of our need to worship by obedience and empowering us to worship.

3 = 1

It would stand to reasons but John 14:6 & John 5:23 & Philippians 2:5-13 says no.

So explain the slain in the spirit phenomenon, the holy laughter movement, Ernest Angeley's healing Crusade, the Toronto's Blessings, and the Pensacola Outpouring and even the other calling of seeking to receive the Holy Spirit apart from salvation with the evidence of tongues when all focus is on the Holy Spirit in worship, addressing the Holy Spirit in worship, calling on the Holy Spirit to come and fall on them and yet confusion reigns which God is not the author of?

Why would God allow strong delusions to occur when already Spirit-filled believers had the focus on the Holy Spirit in worship?

Psalm 27:7 Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me. 8 When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek. 9 Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.

Is that the consequence for not seeking His face, the face of the Bridegroom, in worship?

Luke 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. 25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: 26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. 27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. 28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out. 29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.

Something to pray about.

Upvote 0

Jan 31, 2019
Hermitage
✟17,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Matthew 26:44 And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words. 45 Then cometh he to his disciples, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.

1 Timothy 4:1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

Ephesians 5:13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light. 14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. 15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,

1 Corinthians 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners. 34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

Romans 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. 11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. 12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

The only way to avoid that is to keep your eyes on the Bridegroom in worship for He shall be coming soon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
The question arises when strange and confusing phenomenon has happened at various times as witnessed by believers when they honor the Holy Spirit by focusing on Him in worship; they will feel what they believe is His Presence in the worship place to others feeling the "Holy Spirit" coming over them, infilling them apart from salvation, with a sign of tongues which never comes with interpretation. Then from that, there are some that experience a loss of self control as they fall backwards as well as other signs of confusion which God is not the author of.

So why would God allow that to happen? Jesus said for not heeding His words as for why they are falling down in Matthew 7:24-27 and His word is that He is the only way to come to God the Father in worship John 14:6 and no other way ( John 10:1 ) for why we are called to strive to enter thru the strait gate in these latter days ( Luke 13:24 ) because of the Nicene creed, done in ecumenical format as gathering grapes of thorns and figs of thistles; Matthew 7:15-16 has broadened the way in the worship place ( Matthew 7:13-14 ) The consequence is being left behind; Luke 13:24-30

Jesus is the Bridegroom. We should always have the focus on Him because He will be coming soon.

Focusing *only* on the Holy Spirit exclusively or *only* on Jesus exclusively or *only* the Father exclusively is equally wrong. While Jesus acts as our High Priest and mediator, and we can ask for things in his name, we are not to use that as an excuse to pretend that the Father and the Holy Spirit are non-existent and undeserving of worship in their own right. ALL are God and equally deserving of focus and worship. Again, they are a package deal and you can't get one without the other two.

How the Holy Spirit may or may not affect believers in worship is really a different conversation altogether.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟718,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Seems that is still what you are doing below. Making assumptions not stated in scripture.

It would stand to reasons but John 14:6 & John 5:23 & Philippians 2:5-13 says no.

So explain the slain in the spirit phenomenon, the holy laughter movement, Ernest Angeley's healing Crusade, the Toronto's Blessings, and the Pensacola Outpouring and even the other calling of seeking to receive the Holy Spirit apart from salvation with the evidence of tongues when all focus is on the Holy Spirit in worship, addressing the Holy Spirit in worship, calling on the Holy Spirit to come and fall on them and yet confusion reigns which God is not the author of?

Why would God allow strong delusions to occur when already Spirit-filled believers had the focus on the Holy Spirit in worship?

Psalm 27:7 Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me. 8 When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek. 9 Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.

Is that the consequence for not seeking His face, the face of the Bridegroom, in worship?

Luke 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. 25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: 26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. 27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. 28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out. 29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.

Something to pray about.

"So explain the slain in the spirit phenomenon, the holy laughter movement, Ernest Angeley's healing Crusade, the Toronto's Blessings, and the Pensacola Outpouring..."

Wasn't there so can't attest to anything regarding them or what went on.

What I know is 3=1

Upvote 0

Jan 31, 2019
Hermitage
✟17,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Focusing *only* on the Holy Spirit exclusively or *only* on Jesus exclusively or *only* the Father exclusively is equally wrong. While Jesus acts as our High Priest and mediator, and we can ask for things in his name, we are not to use that as an excuse to pretend that the Father and the Holy Spirit are non-existent and undeserving of worship in their own right. ALL are God and equally deserving of focus and worship. Again, they are a package deal and you can't get one without the other two.

Where is the glory of the Father? From the glory that is the Son. Philippians 2:5-11

Can the Father be glorified by any other way? I know of none.

Can the Holy Spirit lead believers to speak of Himself to glorify Himself in worship? No, He cannot; John 5:31 & John 7:17 John 15:26-27 and John 16:13-14

Just knowing the Triune God should not be an excuse for how God the Father wants us to come to Him and that is by the only way of the Son ( John 14:6 ) and how God the Father wants us to honor Him by and that is by honoring only the Son. ( John 5:23 )

Neither the Father nor the Holy Spirit died on the cross for our sins. The Son did aka the Bridegroom aka our first love.

The glory of God rests on the Son : John 13:31-32 Jesus is how we glorify God the Father and that is what the Holy Spirit in us, Whom is God also, is leading us to do in worship because it is the Father's will.

How the Holy Spirit may or may not affect believers in worship is really a different conversation altogether.

If God permit strong delusions to occur for believing the lie, then the lie must be from thinking it is okay to approach God the Father by way of the Holy Spirit and to honor God the Father by honoring the Holy Spirit in worship. With the devil roaming about like a lion, chance encounter a church in this iniquity is liable to bring about those phenomenon of confusions for which you will be hard pressed to correct those that have fallen to them, that it is not of God when they were addressing and honoring the Spirit in worship.

I can only hope that when it happens in your church, the Lord Jesus Christ in you will keep you from falling to them and leave, knowing afterwards why your focus should be on the Bridegroom in worship.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Where is the glory of the Father? From the glory that is the Son. Philippians 2:5-11

Can the Holy Spirit lead believers to speak of Himself to glorify Himself in worship? No, He cannot; John 5:31 & John 7:17 John 15:26-27 and John 16:13-14

Just knowing the Triune God should not be an excuse for how God the Father wants us to come to Him and that is by the only way of the Son ( John 14:6 ) and how God the Father wants us to honor Him by and that is by honoring only the Son. ( John 5:23 )

Neither the Father nor the Holy Spirit died on the cross for our sins. The Son did aka the Bridegroom aka our first love.

The glory of God rests on the Son : John 13:31-32 Jesus is how we glorify God the Father and that is what the Holy Spirit in us, Whom is God also, is leading us to do in worship because it is the Father's will.

If God permit strong delusions to occur for believing the lie, then the lie must be from thinking it is okay to approach God the Father by way of the Holy Spirit and to honor God the Father by honoring the Holy Spirit in worship. With the devil roaming about like a lion, chance encounter a church in this iniquity is liable to bring about those phenomenon of confusions for which you will be hard pressed to correct those that have fallen to them, that it is not of God when they were addressing and honoring the Spirit in worship.

I can only hope that when it happens in your church, the Lord Jesus Christ in you will keep you from falling to them and leave, knowing afterwards why your focus should be on the Bridegroom in worship.
Sorry, we don't believe in Arianism or subordination.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others

So you believe that Jesus and the Holy Spirit are subservient to the Father, and that when we worship God, we are worshiping the Father alone and only using Jesus as a tool to get there?

You seem to be misusing scripture in a lot of odd ways to show that only one single part of God and not Himself in ALL of His glory is worthy of worship.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.