Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Upvote 0

Revelation 22:10-12

Jan 31, 2019
Hermitage
✟17,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We worship God, so we worship the Holy Spirit.

But what does the scripture teaches us to do? If we look at Paul's words in Philippians 2:5-13 on what mind of Christ we are to have in worship as he ended that exhortation for the readers to obey in his absence, then how am I to be led by scripture and the Holy Spirit to do so otherwise?

Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. 12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,313.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Can you explain why God would allow confusion to come when a believer is honoring the Holy Spirit in worship?

Yahweh is not the God of confusion and any confusion is our own fault.

John 5:22-23 does not preclude one from worshipping the Holy Spirit, it is giving an example of worshipping the Father through the Son. I see no reason to infer that we are to worship only the Father and Son but not the Spirit, from this passage. If you subscribe to the doctrine of trinity (which you do) I'm not sure why you'd have this idea that it is unbiblical to worship the HS, as all 3 are one.

when the spotlight is on the Holy Spirit in worship, why does God allow strong delusions to come?

I'm not sure I can relate with what you're saying here. Can you provide an example?

Upvote 0

Jan 31, 2019
Hermitage
✟17,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Have you looked at the Lord's prayer, we pray to the Father as instructed by Jesus the Christ: Matthew 6:9-13

Yes. I understand that. But, is it the Father's will to honor Him only by honoring the Son ( John 5:23 )? Isn't that standard of judgment raised in John 5:23 preceded that in verse 22 as being over every believer John 5:22?

Is it true that the only way to come to God the Father is by the only way of the Son ( John 14:6 )? Is it not by the Son at that throne of grace for by how we are approaching God the Father by prayer? Is it not the Son that answers our prayers so the Father be glorified in the Son for answers to prayers ( John 14:13-14 )?

Upvote 0

FatalFantasy

Jan 30, 2019
Brisbane
✟2,057.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know that they referenced Matthew 3:16-17 as proof text for the "practice" of worshiping the Holy Spirit with the Father & the Son for that modified Nicene creed, but it doesn't really cite the practice at all. Try as I might by search engines, I cannot find an actual verse for that practice, even though the Holy Spirit is God.

Contentions are that the Holy Spirit is God ( I agree ) and of the Triune God ( I agree ) and so we should worship Him as well. It sounds reasonable until I read these verses.

John 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Do note that John 5:22 is citing a judgment we should not play around with

Jesus did not mention the Holy Spirit at all. If He had not stated that last portion of verse 23, I would think it would be okay to honor the Holy Spirit just as long as they honor the Son, BUT because that bold and underlined statement is what Jesus has said is why I believe honoring the Holy Spirit is not the will of the father for us to do nor are we led by the Spirit to do that.

If we look at the role of the Holy Spirit we find He has a job to do through us.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: 27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify me:

The n we have this truth about what makes each of our individual witness of Jesus Christ as true.

John 8:17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.

So let us say we as individual believers decided to worship God in our solitary private setting whereby as led by the Holy Spirit in us, what we say in honoring the Son in glorifying the Son in worship will be true as by doing so honor and glorifies God the Father.

So in an assembly of a body of believers, our witnesses and our worship is true because the Holy Spirit is doing the same thing thru us to do that. The Holy Spirit cannot lead believers to speak of Himself in seeking the gory of Himself in worship just as a believer will not speak of himself to seek the glory of himself in worship for that worship to be true.

Now before we consider that I am being too literal with the Word of God in application, consider my alarm when believers call for the Holy Spirit in worship to come and fall on them, and there is nothing but chaos and confusion when something responds. Even one brother in India did not believe that the Holy Spirit would do any dramatic manifestations any more and one Pentecostal calendar day, he and his church was honoring the Holy Spirit when he felt something like liquid nitrogen seeping through his skull, and he was giving an unwilling apology to the Holy Spirit for not believing He did such dramatic manifestations today as He has done back in the early church days.

#1; God wants a willing confession; not a coerced one. He did not give us a spirit of fear, but of sound mind. If the Holy Spirit could do that, no one could grieve the Holy Spirit.

#2; The sensation of receiving something is not the Holy Spirit when He is in us.

By the apostle John's line of discernment in testing the spirits 1 John 4:1 by knowing the Holy Spirit is in us 1 John 4:4 and anything outside of us or coming over us later in life as a saved believer, is the spirit of the antichrist.

So why did God allow that which is not the Holy Spirit answer in that way when that brother was honoring the Holy Spirit? Why would God allow a strong delusion to occur?

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Again. Do note that John 5:22 is citing a judgment we should not play around with. I believe that is why God allowed that phenomenon to happen because that is not how we are to honor the Father at all in worship.

Jesus told us how bad it will be in the last days as the way to come to God the Father will be broaden in Christian worship per Matthew 7:13-17 for why we are to narrow the way back to the Son in worship or else risk being left behind; Luke 13:24-30

Only the spirit of the antichrist would take the spotlight off of the Son in worship with their visitations and signs and wonders, but the indwelling Holy Spirit would never do that.

So that is why I believe it is an errant assumption to believe we are to practice the worship of the Holy Spirit with the Father & the Son even though we all believe the Holy Spirit is God and of the Triune God. There are other spirits in the world wherefore why God the Father has all the invitations to come to Him by the only way of the Son in living that reconciled relationship with God so that sinners can turn away from their spirit worships and stay away from those spirits by only coming to the Son in worship in coming to God the Father by.
Romans 3:30 NIV
since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith.

Upvote 0

Loyce KG

Everyone MUST hear the gospel of Christ!
Nov 19, 2018
Kampala
✟44,026.00
Country
Uganda
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I know that they referenced Matthew 3:16-17 as proof text for the "practice" of worshiping the Holy Spirit with the Father & the Son for that modified Nicene creed, but it doesn't really cite the practice at all. Try as I might by search engines, I cannot find an actual verse for that practice, even though the Holy Spirit is God.

Contentions are that the Holy Spirit is God ( I agree ) and of the Triune God ( I agree ) and so we should worship Him as well. It sounds reasonable until I read these verses.

Jesus did not mention the Holy Spirit at all. If He had not stated that last portion of verse 23, I would think it would be okay to honor the Holy Spirit just as long as they honor the Son, BUT because that bold and underlined statement is what Jesus has said is why I believe honoring the Holy Spirit is not the will of the father for us to do nor are we led by the Spirit to do that.

If we look at the role of the Holy Spirit we find He has a job to do through us.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: 27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify me:

The n we have this truth about what makes each of our individual witness of Jesus Christ as true.

John 8:17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.

So let us say we as individual believers decided to worship God in our solitary private setting whereby as led by the Holy Spirit in us, what we say in honoring the Son in glorifying the Son in worship will be true as by doing so honor and glorifies God the Father.

So in an assembly of a body of believers, our witnesses and our worship is true because the Holy Spirit is doing the same thing thru us to do that. The Holy Spirit cannot lead believers to speak of Himself in seeking the gory of Himself in worship just as a believer will not speak of himself to seek the glory of himself in worship for that worship to be true.

Now before we consider that I am being too literal with the Word of God in application, consider my alarm when believers call for the Holy Spirit in worship to come and fall on them, and there is nothing but chaos and confusion when something responds. Even one brother in India did not believe that the Holy Spirit would do any dramatic manifestations any more and one Pentecostal calendar day, he and his church was honoring the Holy Spirit when he felt something like liquid nitrogen seeping through his skull, and he was giving an unwilling apology to the Holy Spirit for not believing He did such dramatic manifestations today as He has done back in the early church days.

#1; God wants a willing confession; not a coerced one. He did not give us a spirit of fear, but of sound mind. If the Holy Spirit could do that, no one could grieve the Holy Spirit.

#2; The sensation of receiving something is not the Holy Spirit when He is in us.

By the apostle John's line of discernment in testing the spirits 1 John 4:1 by knowing the Holy Spirit is in us 1 John 4:4 and anything outside of us or coming over us later in life as a saved believer, is the spirit of the antichrist.

So why did God allow that which is not the Holy Spirit answer in that way when that brother was honoring the Holy Spirit? Why would God allow a strong delusion to occur?

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Again. Do note that John 5:22 is citing a judgment we should not play around with. I believe that is why God allowed that phenomenon to happen because that is not how we are to honor the Father at all in worship.

Jesus told us how bad it will be in the last days as the way to come to God the Father will be broaden in Christian worship per Matthew 7:13-17 for why we are to narrow the way back to the Son in worship or else risk being left behind; Luke 13:24-30

Only the spirit of the antichrist would take the spotlight off of the Son in worship with their visitations and signs and wonders, but the indwelling Holy Spirit would never do that.

So that is why I believe it is an errant assumption to believe we are to practice the worship of the Holy Spirit with the Father & the Son even though we all believe the Holy Spirit is God and of the Triune God. There are other spirits in the world wherefore why God the Father has all the invitations to come to Him by the only way of the Son in living that reconciled relationship with God so that sinners can turn away from their spirit worships and stay away from those spirits by only coming to the Son in worship in coming to God the Father by.
Looking at the pattern in scripture;
The Word portrays for us a history of redemption with three major divisions that reveal progressively the three persons of the Trinity: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Before the first coming of Christ, the great testing truth was "the oneness of God's nature and his monarchy over all," especially with respect to the person of the Father.
When Christ came, the great question was whether the people with religious knowledge would recognize and receive the incarnate Son of God in whom all the fullness of deity dwells.
Then, after the Son had gathered a people who received him, he was put to death, raised up, and exalted to the Father's right hand, from which he sent the Holy Spirit with new prominence upon the church.
That being said, NEVER forget the Holy Spirit is God and not a creation of God.He is not an impersonable force but a Person.
Worshipping God is worshipping the Holyspirit and the reverse is true. You can't put The Trinity as three separate beings. God is one in being, and three persons in essence. The Holyspirit helps us love The Son as God the father does as well as Love the Father as the Son does. He leads us into all truths, He is our helper. He is God Himself.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes. I understand that. But, is it the Father's will to honor Him only by honoring the Son ( John 5:23 )? Isn't that standard of judgment raised in John 5:23 preceded that in verse 22 as being over every believer John 5:22?

Is it true that the only way to come to God the Father is by the only way of the Son ( John 14:6 )? Is it not by the Son at that throne of grace for by how we are approaching God the Father by prayer? Is it not the Son that answers our prayers so the Father be glorified in the Son for answers to prayers ( John 14:13-14 )?

We are, as others have instructed you, to honor all three. In John 5:23 it sets them as equal in honor of them. In John 14:6 it's proclaiming the sacrifice of Jesus as the salvation of mankind. Jesus atoned for our sins in other words.

And to answer your question, more than likely the Holy Spirit will answer your prayers, and maybe the Father, and maybe the Son. Matthew 6:26 says the Father feeds the birds and how much better are we?

I should probably mention John 14:6-9 and that is telling us they are one God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jan 31, 2019
Hermitage
✟17,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have never been taught this or heard it professed in Judaism. I direct everything to Adonai.

The American Indians dance and chant for the "Great Spirit" to come. They attributed the effects of alcohol to their supernatural experience in communing with that "Great Spirit".

Christian churches will testify to supernatural visitations by what they believe was the Holy Spirit and call it as being "drunk in the Spirit" to rationalize the confusion in worship which God is not the author of.

They address the Holy Spirit in worship, call for Him to come and fall on them in worship, but that was not the Holy Spirit that answered, because God permitted that strong delusion to occur for not coming to Him by the only way of the Son.

How can sinners like the American Indians come to God the Father unless the way is truly narrow so that sinners do not bring their practice in with them and Christians can test the spirits by as not of Him?

Scripture & the indwelling Holy Spirit is still pointing believers to keep going to the Bridegroom while the antichrist and the spirits of the antichrist will broaden the way in the worship place for seducing spirits to come in and take the spotlight away from the Son to lure believers in chasing after them to receive after a sign. I believe that is why Jesus said this in Luke 13:24 to avoid those spirits and the consequence of being workers of iniquity in being left behind in Luke 13:25-30

Upvote 0

Jan 31, 2019
Hermitage
✟17,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yahweh is not the God of confusion and any confusion is our own fault.

John 5:22-23 does not preclude one from worshipping the Holy Spirit, it is giving an example of worshipping the Father through the Son. I see no reason to infer that we are to worship only the Father and Son but not the Spirit, from this passage. If you subscribe to the doctrine of trinity (which you do) I'm not sure why you'd have this idea that it is unbiblical to worship the HS, as all 3 are one.

Only because there is not one verse citing that as a practice to any church to do in the epistles, but there are verses that specifically states the only way to honor the Father by. John 5:23 in that latter part of that verse citing he who honors not the Son, honors not the Father excludes the honor of the Spirit. God would include the honor of the Holy Spirit to make sure that verse was not misapplied, but He did not. When we stop honoring the Son, we are not honoring the Father. I take what He said seriously, but He had to show me that truth in why I should take it as He meant it, because of the present day apostasy.

I'm not sure I can relate with what you're saying here. Can you provide an example?

In 1994, the holy laughter movement went nationwide across the denominations as it was no longer a streamlined Pentecostal nor Charismatic event as it was happening in Catholic and Protestant churches. Matthew 7:13-27 cites the broadening of the way and how people will claim miracles by them and be falling for not heeding His words that He is the only way in coming to God the Father by in worship.

John 10:1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber....7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. 9 I am the door:

When believers treat the Holy Spirit as the door, addressing Him in worship, praying to Him to come and fall on them, that is NOT the Holy Spirit answering because He is not the Mediator between God and men. The man Christ Jesus is, at that throne of grace. He is our only access to God the Father.

For sinners to depart from their spirits and their practice of calling for those spirits to come, and falling by them, we need to keep the faith that Jesus Christ is in us and our worship is directed to God in Heaven, the Lord Jesus Christ, as we are to seek His face in worship. That is worshiping God the Father in spirit and in truth.

Psalm 27:7 Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me. When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek. 9 Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.

The Holy Spirit will not be offended when He is leading you to do that which He has been sent to do; to testify of the Son in order to glorify the Son and He can only do that through us, especially in worship.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

We worship the FATHER and that includes Jesus Christ of Nazareth and the Holy Spirit.

Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.'"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ing Bee

Son of Encouragement
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2018
East Bay
✟78,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The OP too-narrowly defines worship, and in an artificial way. Worship is acknowledgement of the value of a person greater than oneself and to the degree appropriate to that person's worth.

The Holy Spirit was uncreated/self-existent, like the Father and Son. The Holy Spirit is all-powerful, all-knowing, all-present. The Holy Spirit is a unique person, distinct from the Father and Son. The Holy Spirit has been involved in every stage of the biblical narrative, including Creation, Incarnation, Resurrection, and Establishing/Equipping/Expanding the Church.

It is therefore extremely appropriate to acknowledge with awe and joyful gratitude His unique role in the story of creation and redemption.

Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0

Jan 31, 2019
Hermitage
✟17,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Looking at the pattern in scripture;
The Word portrays for us a history of redemption with three major divisions that reveal progressively the three persons of the Trinity: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Before the first coming of Christ, the great testing truth was "the oneness of God's nature and his monarchy over all," especially with respect to the person of the Father.
When Christ came, the great question was whether the people with religious knowledge would recognize and receive the incarnate Son of God in whom all the fullness of deity dwells.
Then, after the Son had gathered a people who received him, he was put to death, raised up, and exalted to the Father's right hand, from which he sent the Holy Spirit with new prominence upon the church.
That being said, NEVER forget the Holy Spirit is God and not a creation of God.He is not an impersonable force but a Person.
Worshipping God is worshipping the Holyspirit and the reverse is true. You can't put The Trinity as three separate beings. God is one in being, and three persons in essence. The Holyspirit helps us love The Son as God the father does as well as Love the Father as the Son does. He leads us into all truths, He is our helper. He is God Himself.

How can you discern the spirits? By knowing the Holy Spirit is in us since our salvation.

Where is our worship directed to? Jesus Christ Who has ascended to the Heaven for us. He is our first love. He is the Bridegroom.

Are there not spirits in the world that God would call sinners away from? Then that is why all invitations points to the Son and still is for the believers to keep sinners of their practice in spirit realm out as well as to test spirits that come into the worship place that is not of Him when He is in us always.

That is why our focus is on the Son in worship as we seek His face since the Bridegroom will be coming soon for the abiding bride of Christ. The only way to glorify God the Father to honor God the Father is by glorifying and honoring the Son in worship. That is His will and scripture narrows that way specifically to avoid those other spirits and the sinners' of their practice for invoking spirits to come.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

You're misinterpreting scripture. We can't obey God without the Holy Spirit.

Ephesians 4
30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Romans 8
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Upvote 0

ToServe

Sep 18, 2018
Sydney
✟29,108.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Nicene Creed

I believe in one God, Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible.

And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all ages;

Light of Light, true God of true God, begotten,
not created, of one essence (consubstantial) with the Father
through Whom all things were made.

Who for us men and for our salvation
came down from heaven and was incarnate
of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary and became man.

He was crucified for us under Pontius Pilate,
and suffered and was buried;

And He rose on the third day, according to the Scriptures.

He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father;

And He will come again with glory to judge the living and dead. His kingdom shall have no end.

And in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the Creator of life, Who proceeds from the Father, Who together with the Father and the Son is worshipped and glorified, Who spoke through the prophets.

In one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church.

I confess one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.

I look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the age to come.

Amen.

The basis of Nicene Creed is that we are dealing with one infinite Being who has three distinct personalities that are worshipped and glorified.

When I pray to the Father, I say thank you for your Holy Spirit, the blessed Holy Spirit in whom I want to be every part of my life to mold me in the personage of the Son, according to his beatidudes.

In the Old Testament Holy Holy Holy is mentioned three times to glorify the one Being who is the one substance, whereby the term Homoousion applies.

Homoousion (/ˌhɒmoʊˈuːsiən/; Greek: ὁμοούσιον, translit. homooúsion, lit. 'same in being, same in essence', from ὁμός, homós, "same" and οὐσία, ousía, "being" or "essence") is a Christian theological term, most notably used in the Nicene Creed for describing Jesus (God the Son) as "same in being" or "same in essence" with God the Father (ὁμοούσιον τῷ Πατρί). The same term was later also applied to the Holy Spirit in order to designate it as being "same in essence" with the Father and the Son. Those notions became cornerstones of theology in Nicene Christianity, and also represent one of the most important theological concepts within the Trinitarian doctrinal understanding of God.

This means that the Holy Spirit is the One Substance, consubstantial with the other personalities.

Worship and glorification is equally to all three personalities of the one God being (substance).

Upvote 0

Artra

The unforgivable sin is not repenting
Jan 31, 2019
United States
✟13,245.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

All three members of the Holy Trinity must be worshipped, as they are all God in the forms he appears to mankind in.

I don't believe Matthew 12:32 is declaring worship the Holy Spirit or be condemned, that seems a little misleading to me, but it is still a very serious verse and you must heed it's warning. You can run away from the Son, but the Holy Spirit will never give up on you. You can run away from the Father, and the Holy Spirit will still catch you when you call out. If you run away from the Holy Spirit, you are running away from hope for salvation. There is no hope in the opposite direction, and eventually if you run far enough the Holy Spirit will be too far for you to make out, and you'll be lost. Follow the Spirit with all your heart, and salvation will always be available for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jan 31, 2019
Hermitage
✟17,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We are, as others have instructed you, to honor all three. In John 5:23 it sets them as equal in honor of them. In John 14:6 it's proclaiming the sacrifice of Jesus as the salvation of mankind. Jesus atoned for our sins in other words.

And to answer your question, more than likely the Holy Spirit will answer your prayers, and maybe the Father, and maybe the Son.

Only the Son will answer the prayers as Jesus said so in John 14:13-14 so that the father may be glorified in the Son for answers to prayers.

Matthew 6:26 says the Father feeds the birds and how much better are we?

Not seeing the relevancy of this point of truth to this discussion. Care to clarify?

I should probably mention John 14:6-9 and that is telling us they are one God.

There is no dispute that the Holy Spirit is God and of the Triune God, but why would strong delusions occur sometimes when believers address the Holy Spirit in worship and honor the Holy Spirit in worship?

Something is wrong with this picture and the only thing I can see is the churches are not heeding His words accordingly in how to come to God the Father in worship, prayer, or fellowship, and that is by only coming to the Son, our first love, the Bridegroom. Any other way is a work of iniquity as John 10:1 says.

Upvote 0

Jan 31, 2019
Hermitage
✟17,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We worship the FATHER and that includes Jesus Christ of Nazareth and the Holy Spirit.

Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.'"

The glory of the Father rests on the Son for why by honoring and glorifying the Son is how we honor and glorify God the Father.

Believers are led by the Spirit in worship to do what the Holy Spirit has been sent to do; to testify of the Son in seeking His glory and He does that through us in outward ministry, and especially in worship.

Upvote 0

Jan 31, 2019
Hermitage
✟17,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The OP too-narrowly defines worship, and in an artificial way. Worship is acknowledgement of the value of a person greater than oneself and to the degree appropriate to that person's worth.

The Holy Spirit was uncreated/self-existent, like the Father and Son. The Holy Spirit is all-powerful, all-knowing, all-present. The Holy Spirit is a unique person, distinct from the Father and Son. The Holy Spirit has been involved in every stage of the biblical narrative, including Creation, Incarnation, Resurrection, and Establishing/Equipping/Expanding the Church.

It is therefore extremely appropriate to acknowledge with awe and joyful gratitude His unique role in the story of creation and redemption.

John 13:31 Therefore, when he was gone out, Jesus said, Now is the Son of man glorified, and God is glorified in him. 32 If God be glorified in him, God shall also glorify him in himself, and shall straightway glorify him.

Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

So by exalting the name of the Son for the glory of the Son for what He has done for us, is how God the Father is glorified in the Son.

And that is what the Holy Spirit in us is leading us to do in worship. There is no other way to honor and glorify God the Father by in worship other than to testify of the Son to seek the glory of the Son in worship.

Upvote 0

ToServe

Sep 18, 2018
Sydney
✟29,108.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
All three members of the Holy Trinity must be worshipped, as they are all God in the forms he appears to mankind in.

I don't believe Matthew 12:32 is declaring worship the Holy Spirit or be condemned necessarily, but it is still a very serious verse and you must heed it's warning. You can run away from the Son, but the Holy Spirit will never give up on you. You can run away from the Father, and the Holy Spirit will still catch you when you call out. If you run away from the Holy Spirit, you are running away from hope for salvation. There is no hope in the opposite direction, and eventually if you run far enough the Holy Spirit will be too far for you to make out, and you'll be lost. Follow the Spirit with all your heart, and salvation will always be available for you.

Very good points.

Warning Against Unbelief

Hebrews 3:7-11
7So, as the Holy Spirit says: “Today, if you hear his voice,

8do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion, during the time of testing in the wilderness,

9where your ancestors tested and tried me, though for forty years they saw what I did.

10That is why I was angry with that generation; I said, ‘Their hearts are always going astray, and they have not known my ways.’

11So I declared on oath in my anger, ‘They shall never enter my rest.’ ”

Isaiah 63:10
But rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them.

Upvote 0

Jan 31, 2019
Hermitage
✟17,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nicene Creed

I believe in one God, Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible.

And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all ages;

Light of Light, true God of true God, begotten,
not created, of one essence (consubstantial) with the Father
through Whom all things were made.

Who for us men and for our salvation
came down from heaven and was incarnate
of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary and became man.

He was crucified for us under Pontius Pilate,
and suffered and was buried;

And He rose on the third day, according to the Scriptures.

He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father;

And He will come again with glory to judge the living and dead. His kingdom shall have no end.

And in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the Creator of life, Who proceeds from the Father, Who together with the Father and the Son is worshipped and glorified, Who spoke through the prophets.

In one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church.

I confess one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.

I look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the age to come.

Amen.

The basis of Nicene Creed is that we are dealing with one infinite Being who has three distinct personalities that are worshipped and glorified.

When I pray to the Father, I say thank you for your Holy Spirit, the blessed Holy Spirit in whom I want to be every part of my life to mold me in the personage of the Son, according to his beatidudes.

In the Old Testament Holy Holy Holy is mentioned three times to glorify the one Being who is the one substance, whereby the term Homoousion applies.

Homoousion (/ˌhɒmoʊˈuːsiən/; Greek: ὁμοούσιον, translit. homooúsion, lit. 'same in being, same in essence', from ὁμός, homós, "same" and οὐσία, ousía, "being" or "essence") is a Christian theological term, most notably used in the Nicene Creed for describing Jesus (God the Son) as "same in being" or "same in essence" with God the Father (ὁμοούσιον τῷ Πατρί). The same term was later also applied to the Holy Spirit in order to designate it as being "same in essence" with the Father and the Son. Those notions became cornerstones of theology in Nicene Christianity, and also represent one of the most important theological concepts within the Trinitarian doctrinal understanding of God.

This means that the Holy Spirit is the One Substance, consubstantial with the other personalities.

Worship and glorification is equally to all three personalities of the one God being (substance).

We are to prove everything by Jesus Christ by the scripture kept in the KJV, and that includes the Nicene creed. That scriptural reference of Matthew 3:16-17 for that line that cites the practice of the Holy Spirit with the Father & the Son in the Nicene creed is not really testifying to that practice.

Again I believe the Holy Spirit is God and of the Triune God, but there is no verse teaching that kind of worship BUT there are verses citing how to come to God the Father by and the only way to honor Him and that is by the Son. I do not believe the omission was accidental. I believe it was intentional so that believers keep living that reconciled relationship with God the Father through the Son.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.