sunshine456

Dec 21, 2012
✟11,995.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In response to the previous thread titled
Why do Christians worship the Son instead of the Father?

I wanted to respond by stating that True Christians worship the GOD the heavenly father through JESUS CHRIST the son of GOD. We pray in the name of JESUS CHRIST for......

John 14:1-20King James Version (KJV)
14 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?
10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Praise be to GOD the heavenly father and his son lord JESUS CHRIST forever>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Monna

Feb 5, 2017
Oicha Beni
✟105,254.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Am not sure that it's "instead of" - in my case it is both. I find that I most often address myself to the Father - my heavenly Father as Jesus instructed the disciples and us to do. But I do also worship his Son in anticipation of that day when "every knew shall bow" to him as Lord, because he is (already) worthy. Then, of course I am regularly reminded that I cannot worship him as I should or even want, so I greatly appreciate the Holy Spirit's intervention on my behalf.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
So people go to Jesus.
Have you ever thought that God through the Spirits indwelling of Christians, knows why we worship him.
That because he knows he will forgive us any little infringement.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
In response to the previous thread titled

13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Not to go off topic, but those passages have been problematic. They've been used as part of the name-it-and claim-it, prosperity gospel, and other such foolishness.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I'm not entirely sure this is exactly an Ethics & Morality issue? But I guess that depends on how one looks at it.

For me this is a theological issue: If Jesus is God, as the historic Christian faith contends, then He is worthy of the highest adoration and worship as God. Which is why, as we say in the Athanasian Creed, "we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity, neither confusing the Persons nor dividing the Substance". We worship the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit--one God.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0