✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
WHO IS TO BE WORSHIPED ?

Exo_34:14 For you shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

1Co_14:25 And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.

Php_3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Heb_1:6 And again, when He brings in the first begotten into the world, He saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

It is God that receives all worship from man, not Jesus Christ. The angels in heaven worship His Son for what He has accomplished spiritually to the Father. They are in the spiritual rezlm, we are on the Earth, in the earthly realm.

John 20:17 Jesus said unto her, Touch Me not; for I am not yet ascended to My Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto My Father, and your Father; and to My God, and your God.

Andy Centek

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
The Trinity is an ubiquitous idea in Christianity. The "Three, but One" idea has been around as long as the Church has. I'd like to know your opinion on praying to the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is the popular Christian notion that Jesus is God, as well as the Son. What do you have to say for this?

True but even the scripture in the OP.....

Php_3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

.....more than indicate that is not a fact, along with about a million more hints in the bible.

However when someone makes up their mind for the bile to read the way they want it to, twisted or not, they WILL see it that way.

Just another of the many dangers of traditions of men...they have people praying to Jesus instead of God, something Christ himself said not to do, but will they listen to the bible/Jesus...nope.

Jesus himself said in Matthew 6:9

"After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name."

Period...no more, no less.

Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

EpicScore

Sep 16, 2017
✟41,079.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
And yet it is repeatedly mentioned in the Scriptures that the Pharisees hated Jesus and tried to kill Him because He claimed to be God (John 5:18, John 8:58, John 10:30-33), and that He will do what is asked in His name (John 14:13).

Throughout His earthly ministry, many people had worshiped Jesus. The wise men (Matthew 2:11), the disciples (Matthew 14:33), and later Thomas called Him "My Lord and my God!" (John 20:28).

When people try to worship angels, like in Daniel and Revelation, the angels stopped them, because worship ought to be given to God alone. And when Herod accepted worship from his subjects, he was struck down by an angel of God (Acts 12:23) for his blaspheme. Yet no such rebuke was given when Christ accepted worship.

Jesus claimed to be "the truth, the way and the life" (John 14:6), and although as a Christian I do pray to the Father, because of the distinct role within the Godhead, it is only by our adoption through the blood of Jesus, could our prayers be acceptable before Him, as a plea from a son to their father, instead of an unclean filthy rag (Isaiah 29:13, Isaiah 64:6).

Upvote 0

Andy centek

Seeker of Deep Truth
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2018
mich
✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Trinity is an ubiquitous idea in Christianity. The "Three, but One" idea has been around as long as the Church has. I'd like to know your opinion on praying to the Holy Spirit.
Greetings D.A. Carson

My idea of
There is the popular Christian notion that Jesus is God, as well as the Son. What do you have to say for this?

Upvote 0

Andy centek

Seeker of Deep Truth
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2018
mich
✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
TO ALL:

The question as to who Jesus Christ really was; God or the Lord.

TO ALL:
The question as to who Jesus Christ really was; God or the Lord.

There is in the Bible scriptures, many titles used for the name God; which is Elohim, The Creator, in Genesis 1. The answer is reveal; in our opinion, in the name titles themselves. Firs is Elohim, The Creator of all things. It is The Creator who created all things which are now and will be in the future. This then brings up the question of what is said about Jesus in the so-called, New Testament, which is really the continuation of the Old Testament; for the New Testament began with the death of Jesus Christ which Paul taught in His writings. He said: I proclaim the New Testament, the blood of Jesus Christ.This then shows that the New Testament began at the Cross, not before it! It is commonly taught that the New Testament began with the book of Matthew; which it did not!

Eph_3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world has been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

All things began with Him and through Him. He is the beginning of the creation given in Genesis 1:1. "In the beginning God (Elohim, The creator) created all thing through the personage of Christ Jesus, not Jesus Christ. For Christ, the anointed One,who was to become Jesus The Christ.

Col_1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Rev_10:6 And swore by Him that live for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:

This shows then that the Entity of God,which was to become Jesus Christ on the Earth and in the earth; the land of Israel, was Jesus Christ through which all things were done and to be done, in this creation.

This is where the following verse gets misused.

John10:26-31 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto Them eternal life; and They shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of My hand. My Father, which gave them Me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one. Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him.

How then is the Father and Jesus Christ one? They are one in purpose. They, as One, were to bring the lost sheep back into the fold. Jesus Christ did this on the Cross at His death. He brought His sheep of Israel into the fold, and later, through the apostle Paul, the Gentiles also into the fold of the New Israel.

John_10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

This is a verse which shows that the things being taught out of what man has called the New Testament is wrong! The New Testament did not start until Paul was given His commission as the apostle to the Gentiles. This is why Jesus told His disciples not to go to the Gentiles.

Mat_10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded Them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter You not:

So is Jesus God, The Creator? Yes and No. He was the Creator of those who were to become the physical Israel in Genesis. He was not The Creator of entirety. He always stateted that what He had was given to Him by His Father.

John 20:17 Jesus said unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to My Father: but go to My brethren, and say unto Them, I ascend unto My Father, and Your Father; and to My God, and Your God.

This plainly shows that Jesus was not The Creator of ALL things. Jesus was the creator of what His Father had given to Him to be; mainly of Israel and the Gentiles who were to be called into the Body of Christ by being the spiritually chosen Ones, The Elect of Elohim. Man does not chose who is spiritually saved; even though many claim the save other men. How can a spiritually saved lost man save a spiritually lost man? This denies the purpose of Jesus death! It also denies the purpose of the apostle Paul's work!

It man today to spiritually save man? No! Is is God who elects His Own, not man! Those are called the Elect of God; not of man! Man likes to think that they have been able to spiritually save another man. How many times I have heard over the years: “We had so many get saved last yesterday!” I have also heard many times: “ I save this one or that one.” Woe be to those who think that they have taken the place of Jesus Christ!

No more need be said about this subject. What has been written in the scriptures has been written by the Spirit of God working in men. Those men were influenced by the Holy Spirit to write what They wrote. Perhaps knowingly or not knowingly. It took this writer years to realize that I was not in control of what I have learned, rather, it was the Spirit of God graciously granted to Me that enabled Me to do such. Any errors therefore that occur are of me.

So I know present this writing with the prayer that it helps many to understand better what is written in the scriptures for the learning of the serious student of the word.

Blessings

Andy Centek

Upvote 0