• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Worried that I'm going to hell tomorrow.

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

I'm very afraid that I'm going to hell tomorrow. I hear a voice in my head that says that my body or my soul will be magically transported into a coffin. He even told me what time I will be buried and he said it is tomorrow afternoon. He says that I'll never get out of the coffin and that is hell for me. He says everything is a part of God's plan, and that God hates me so much he will bury me forever.

The voice says that someone (maybe God) is going to create a copy of me so that all my loved ones won't know that I'm buried. The voice says that no one will notice the difference between me and the copy, so no one will help me.

I'm really freaked out over this. The voice in my head says that the reason this is happening is that I made a bet with Jesus in my head about my grades.

Does anyone have any advice? I really feel like my soul or my body is going to be magically transported into a coffin tomorrow afternoon, and all that will be left is a copy that will fool everyone.

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

I'm very afraid that I'm going to hell tomorrow. I hear a voice in my head that says that my body or my soul will be magically transported into a coffin. He even told me what time I will be buried and he said it is tomorrow afternoon. He says that I'll never get out of the coffin and that is hell for me. He says everything is a part of God's plan, and that God hates me so much he will bury me forever.

The voice says that someone (maybe God) is going to create a copy of me so that all my loved ones won't know that I'm buried. The voice says that no one will notice the difference between me and the copy, so no one will help me.

I'm really freaked out over this. The voice in my head says that the reason this is happening is that I made a bet with Jesus in my head about my grades.

Does anyone have any advice? I really feel like my soul or my body is going to be magically transported into a coffin tomorrow afternoon, and all that will be left is a copy that will fool everyone.
John 14.1-27 is a wonderfully assuring passage for the believer, as is Psalm 46.

Upvote 0

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How many days have you had this issue?

I've been having this problem with the voice that says it's the devil for many years. When I was a kid I first heard him say, "How would you like to go to hell."

I'm very afraid because he says he knows the future, and he says I'll always be in a coffin even at the end of time.

He says he traveled back in time to torment me about future events.

The reason he says I'm going to be in a coffin forever is that I made a bet with Jesus about my grades, and I'm going to get my grades soon.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I've been having this problem with the voice that says it's the devil for many years. When I was a kid I first heard him say, "How would you like to go to hell."

I'm very afraid because he says he knows the future, and he says I'll always be in a coffin even at the end of time.

He says he traveled back in time to torment me about future events.

The reason he says I'm going to be in a coffin forever is that I made a bet with Jesus about my grades, and I'm going to get my grades soon.
So this voice has literally been telling you that you'll be dead tomorrow for years? And you're still alive. Don't listen to it. Its power is limited to the extent that it can scare you.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi,

Instead of listening to the voice, listen to God's Word. "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved..." Acts 16:31. James 4:7-8 "Submit yourself therefore to God, resist the devil and he will flee from You. Draw nigh to God and He will draw nigh to you."

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No, it's been saying my time is soon for a few months. Now it says my time is up and I'm going tomorrow.
Still, it is nothing but the bullying influence of the evil one, and he doesn't get to make the kinds of decisions that need to be made for that to happen. Your days are in God's hands, and he doesn't want anyone to spiritually perish (1 Timothy 2:3-4). If you are a Christian, you are his. If you are not one yet, then God has opened the way for you to become one.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
as someone with a mental illness i know very well the voice of satan lying through his teeth in my head. what i have learned to understand is that it are our fears he is using to lie to us! In your case your fear for dying and hell in particular. it is best to believe the word of God and not the voices in your head i have learned to understand after many years of torture also it is best to take meds to make sure such voices cannot penetrate our minds too much and leave us alone.

Here i show you how The Word of God is true and the voice you hear is not!

1 John 2:1-2
"My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father – Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world."

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm just worried that I made a bet with Jesus and he won't forgive me because I'm a bad person. I bet that I would be in a coffin forever, so I'm afraid that is what I'll get.
The Jesus that the Bible talks about forgives everyone who comes to him (John 6:37).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

I think you just need to see a psychiatrist. Hell is a scare tactic.

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi,

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi,
ignore the voice. Pray a clear prayer to Lord Jesus asking to be saved and protected, ask Jesus to surround you with his light. Say the Lord's Prayer, pay attention to every word of it. Say Amen. It will work. Every demon flees at the very name of Jesus.
Then get on with your life, nothing can harm you. Trust the Lord and trust my words.

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

The only reason the speaker has the power to make such compelling words is because your brain happens to lack the normal resisting power against such that we naturally have. Many times the natural levels of resistance every son of Adam should have by rights can be restored through medications. Ask your doctor for an appropriate referral to get relief from such voices.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi,

Yes, tell your doctor that you have voices in your head and you want the appropriate medication to shut them up.

• Winner
Reactions: Maria.V.H
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,049,779.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm worried that what the voices say is true. I made a bet in my head with Jesus about my grades and I get my grades tomorrow. I'm worried I'll have to be buried in a coffin forever because I made a bet with Jesus in my head.

I don't believe for one minute that that is true, but you do, and I'm sorry you're going through this.

i) You may have said to Jesus, "if I don't get ..... grades, I'll ....." but since Jesus does not gamble, or bet, it is not binding. But if you are really worried - repent. Tell Jesus you were foolish to say what you did, ask for forgiveness and believe in his power. The devil was defeated when Jesus was on the cross, and he knows it. He has no power against the cross.

ii) God gives life, not the devil. He has no power to "clone" you.

iii) It seems to me that you are already in a coffin, or sorts - fear. I don't know if this is some kind of demon activity or a mental illness, but there is a way out.
If it is the first, the devil has no power over God's children; those who confess the name of Jesus and belong to God. Hopefully, after tomorrow, when you are not in a coffin, you will realise that he is nothing but a liar.
But if this is a real mental illness, I don't think anything people say, or anything that happens, will convince you - the voices in your head may just tell you that you've been let off, for example. In which case, this doubtless needs medical intervention, just as you would see a doctor for any physical illness.

Jesus gave his life for you. God loves you very much and not even demons can separate you from that love.

Upvote 0