• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Worried I'm going to hell soon.

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

I've been really worried lately. I always get worried at the end of the school semester. I'm supposed to graduate this semester, so this is the last chance that God has to get me. I really worry that God is out to get me and this is his final chance. I worry that I made a bet with Jesus about my grades, and if I get certain grades I have to go to hell. Since I get my grades around Christmas time, I really think I will go to hell for Christmas. I really like celebrating Christmas, so this makes me really sad and depressed.

I don't even believe I'm going to die. I worry that I'm just going to get magically teleported to hell. They won't even give me a chance to die.

I hear the devil's voice in my head all day long, and he is laughing at me. He says that he is from the future and I'm already in hell and I will never get out.

I keep thinking that if God really loved me, why would I hear the devil's voice in my head?

Anyone have any advice? I want to believe in Jesus, but I keep trying to reason things out. I keep thinking, "Why do all these bad things keep happening to me if God loves me?" The voices I hear in my head make me really depressed. They both say I'm a horrible person and laugh at me and call me names. They say I'm really stupid. They say I'm both stupid and evil, and I'm going to get what I deserve. Does anyone have any helpful advice?

I'm taking medication for Schizophrenia, but it doesn't completely make the voices go away. I still hear them all day long, and they make me feel like I am a terrible person. Sometimes I worry that I'm the worst person who has ever lived (as stupid as that sounds). The voices really make me feel that way. They call me nasty names all the time.

Thank you,

SnowTiger

AllDayFaith

Sep 15, 2018
Spring Hill
Visit site
✟76,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You are in our prayers. My suggestion is to read the Bible every day for about an hour or two until you've read the whole thing. Once you've done that you will have many of the answers to the questions you've asked.

Upvote 0

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for the prayers. I have been reading through the new testament lately. I just finished Phillipians and Ephesians. I know the Bible teaches love, but these voices I hear are truly awful. One of the voices pretends to be good and comforting, and then all of a sudden when I am at my most miserable he will turn evil and start laughing at me. They laugh at me all day long. I really wish I could find a way to make them go away. I try telling them to go away but they just laugh.

Upvote 0

AllDayFaith

Sep 15, 2018
Spring Hill
Visit site
✟76,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Keep at it my friend, things will get better. You need to fight the devil's words with scripture. Recite verses such as this one, "No weapon formed against me shall prosper."

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I'm so sorry for what you are going through. I am praying for you, for your peace, your reassurance, your school success, and your mental health.

I want to emphasize to you that these voices are not from God or Jesus or the Holy Spirit. It is important to try to cling to what Scripture says. Any voice or any person who says something that contradicts Scripture is either lying or confused.

I don't know if it will help you, but try to keep some worship music, Christian songs, and Christmas music playing as often as you can. I don't have the same mental illness you do, but I do struggle with intrusive thoughts, depression, and great discouragement and anxiety. Music and remembering Scripture helps me through those time, regardless of what I feel or think.

When it come to thinking you are the worst person, try to remember the bad things others have done in the Bible, yet found forgiveness and favor with God. A shining example is the Apostle Paul. Before becoming a Christian he was responsible for murdering Christians for believing in and teaching Jesus. He called himself the chief of all sinners. Yet look what he discovered and what God did for him and through him. God still uses his work to lead people and teach Jesus, 2000 years later.

So, rest assured you are not the worst human. God does love you.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi,

I've been really worried lately. I always get worried at the end of the school semester. I'm supposed to graduate this semester, so this is the last chance that God has to get me. I really worry that God is out to get me and this is his final chance. I worry that I made a bet with Jesus about my grades, and if I get certain grades I have to go to hell. Since I get my grades around Christmas time, I really think I will go to hell for Christmas. I really like celebrating Christmas, so this makes me really sad and depressed.

I don't even believe I'm going to die. I worry that I'm just going to get magically teleported to hell. They won't even give me a chance to die.

I hear the devil's voice in my head all day long, and he is laughing at me. He says that he is from the future and I'm already in hell and I will never get out.

I keep thinking that if God really loved me, why would I hear the devil's voice in my head?

Anyone have any advice? I want to believe in Jesus, but I keep trying to reason things out. I keep thinking, "Why do all these bad things keep happening to me if God loves me?" The voices I hear in my head make me really depressed. They both say I'm a horrible person and laugh at me and call me names. They say I'm really stupid. They say I'm both stupid and evil, and I'm going to get what I deserve. Does anyone have any helpful advice?

I'm taking medication for Schizophrenia, but it doesn't completely make the voices go away. I still hear them all day long, and they make me feel like I am a terrible person. Sometimes I worry that I'm the worst person who has ever lived (as stupid as that sounds). The voices really make me feel that way. They call me nasty names all the time.

Thank you,

SnowTiger
You are under the influence of demons. You need to be delivered. Find someone who knows their authority in Christ. You also need to get the truth of God's Word into you. The truth will set you free. I can assure you that Satan is not from the future. His future is already settled. It's the lake of fire and once he's there, he's not coming out.

God loves you enough that He sent Jesus to die in your place. When I was battling doubts about 40 years ago, that truth kept me going. Look to Jesus, resist the devil. God is on your side.

• Agree
Reactions: AllDayFaith
Upvote 0

theoneandonlypencil

Partial preterist, dispensationalist molinist
Oct 11, 2019
A place
✟60,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sometimes I worry that I'm going to be a sacrifice for the devil though. I worry that I have to go to hell so the devil can be forgiven. But this is against the Bible so it can't be true right?

That is nowhere in scripture, and the devil does not get any salvation. There is no forgiveness for the one that IS darkness.

• Agree
Reactions: JAM2b
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for the prayers. I really think I'm going to screw up in school this time and then I will have to go to hell because I made a bet in my head with Jesus.

I think everyone hates me deep down. I'm a horrible person.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I dunno. I'm not feeling good today. I keep thinking I'm really going to get it this time. I want to believe God loves me but I hear this awful voice in my head all day long. I hear a good voice too, but that voice has turned evil on me before, so I don't trust it. I wish I was an awesome, important person, but I'm not. Nobody knows me and nobody cares if I go to hell. I feel like I mean nothing, even to my closest friends and relatives.

Anyway, have a good night,

SnowTiger

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jord Simcha

Nov 30, 2019
Groningen
✟60,922.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your bet with Jesus about your grades won't send you to hell. If you think it was a sin, you can simply ask for forgiveness. You don't have to be awesome or important to be saved. The first will be the last, remember? We know you and we'd care if you'd go to hell. I'm confident you won't (because I'm a universal salvation-believer). If you're scared about your salvation though, my advice is to ask God for the Holy Spirit, Who is a great Comforter.

• Friendly
Reactions: SnowTiger
Upvote 0

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One of the reasons why I feel like no one will care is that I worry that God will create some kind of copy of me so that my loved ones won't miss me when I'm gone. I know it sounds really crazy, but sometimes I believe it. I worry that God can create a perfect copy of me so no one will notice if I'm gone. It is a really crazy belief though. I think it's probably a delusion.

My mom is also a universal salvation believer. It's a nice thing to believe. Thank you for the nice message. I know John Lennon didn't believe in hell either. Also, the nice voice in my head says that "salvation is worth more than all the money in the world." It's nice, what he says, but I still don't trust him. But you are right. You don't have to be rich and famous to be saved.

Thank you,

SnowTiger

• Prayers
Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
One of the reasons why I feel like no one will care is that I worry that God will create some kind of copy of me so that my loved ones won't miss me when I'm gone. I know it sounds really crazy, but sometimes I believe it. I worry that God can create a perfect copy of me so no one will notice if I'm gone. It is a really crazy belief though. I think it's probably a delusion.

It is an delusion. Unfortunately our minds can become some of our worst enemies and tormenters when we are suffering through mental illness. Separating the reality of the situation (that God loves us and only wants the best for us) while experiencing thoughts, delusions and voices can be very, very tough to do, especially if it makes our minds cloudy and weird feeling when trying to remember stuff and stay logical in the face of all these fears and attacks. Just remember that you are strong, that you are precious to God despite what your mind is going through, what these delusions are making you believe, what this anxiety is making you obsess about, or what those voices that seem real but aren't are telling you. God is king over all and you have accepted Him in your heart. He is more powerful than any mental illness. My prayers for remission of your symptoms and peace for your mind and heart while you are battling this illness. Jesus has already saved your soul, so you do not have to worry about that part anymore. You are saved no matter what trials and struggles your mind is going through right now. I am glad you are here talking to us and hope that talking helps sometimes.

Upvote 0

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for the nice message. Sometimes I worry that I committed the unforgivable sin so I lost my salvation. What do you think about this?

Sometimes I feel like I've committed the unforgivable sin because I said something bad about Jesus and I saw a magical sign on my hand.

Thanks,

SnowTiger

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thank you for the nice message. Sometimes I worry that I committed the unforgivable sin so I lost my salvation. What do you think about this?

Sometimes I feel like I've committed the unforgivable sin because I said something bad about Jesus and I saw a magical sign on my hand.

Thanks,

SnowTiger

I think it is your anxiety causing these concerns. As long as you want to be one of God's children and keep seeking Him, you are, despite anxiety or worries. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Upvote 0