• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Worried I committed the unforgivable sin (again).

SnowTiger

Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, I was very upset today and I hear these voices in my head. One of the voices was really nice and he was trying to witness to me and tell me that Jesus and God love me. For some reason I wouldn't listen to him and the more he witnessed to me the more angry I got.

Then at 2:44 pm I told this nice voice that he was a devil. The evil voice that I hear in my head told me a long time ago that I would die at 2:44 pm so now I'm worried that I committed the unforgivable sin at that time exactly just like he said I would. I'm worried that this nice voice in my head was the Holy Spirit and by calling him a devil I just committed the unforgivable sin.

The nice voice keeps telling me now that "It's okay I'm not the Holy Spirit so you didn't blaspheme against the Holy Spirit." He says as long as I believe now it will all be okay. I'm just really upset with myself that I didn't believe the nice voice when he told me that God and Jesus love me. I feel like I hardened my heart to God and I rejected God and Jesus inside of my head. The nice voice keeps trying to witness to me and tells me constantly to believe in God and Jesus.

I don't want to reject this voice, but I feel like I was given magical signs from God that I will go to hell. The nice voice says, "How do you know where these signs are from? Those signs could be from the devil." I keep arguing with him though because I keep thinking the signs I got were from God.

Did I commit the unforgivable sin by calling the voice in my head a devil? I'm really worried right now. I'm trying to not harden my heart to God any longer. I want to accept Jesus all the time in my head, but I often argue with the nice voice because of these signs I feel like I was given.

I'm taking medication and working with a psychiatrist but I still hear voices all day long. Maybe I need a med adjustment or have to try a new med.

Thanks,

SnowTiger

Last edited:

Religiot

Mar 15, 2020
Private
✟29,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, I was very upset today and I hear these voices in my head. One of the voices was really nice and he was trying to witness to me and tell me that Jesus and God love me. For some reason I wouldn't listen to him and the more he witnessed to me the more angry I got.

Then at 2:44 pm I told this nice voice that he was a devil. The evil voice that I hear in my head told me a long time ago that I would die at 2:44 pm so now I'm worried that I committed the unforgivable sin at that time exactly just like he said I would. I'm worried that this nice voice in my head was the Holy Spirit and by calling him a devil I just committed the unforgivable sin.

The nice voice keeps telling me now that "It's okay I'm not the Holy Spirit so you didn't blaspheme against the Holy Spirit." He says as long as I believe now it will all be okay. I'm just really upset with myself that I didn't believe the nice voice when he told me that God and Jesus love me. I feel like I hardened my heart to God and I rejected God and Jesus inside of my head. The nice voice keeps trying to witness to me and tells me constantly to believe in God and Jesus.

I don't want to reject this voice, but I feel like I was given magical signs from God that I will go to hell. The nice voice says, "How do you know where these signs are from? Those signs could be from the devil." I keep arguing with him though because I keep thinking the signs I got were from God.

Did I commit the unforgivable sin by calling the voice in my head a devil? I'm really worried right now. I'm trying to not harden my heart to God any longer. I want to accept Jesus all the time in my head, but I often argue with the nice voice because of these signs I feel like I was given.

I'm taking medication and working with a psychiatrist but I still hear voices all day long. Maybe I need a med adjustment or have to try a new med.

Thanks,

SnowTiger
Brother, voices in the head are how all people think...

It's only this belief of yours that the voices in your head are abnormal that's making you batty.

You must realize, friend, that no one can have critical thinking without a voice, it's impossible!

The voices are you, brother, thinking critically about heavy things...

When I'm mad, it's my own voice that changes into a mad voice, contemplating angry thoughts; likewise, when I'm happy, it's my own voice singing songs.

Brother, the idea that the voice in your head is not yours, is the only real problem you've got: so just drop the idea, and start developing more control over your own voice--it's just like when you were young, and didn't speak very well, but over time, with practice, you learned to express yourself efficiently with just the words from you mind; so too, brother, is the voice in your head.

Just get off the drugs, slowly, cause those things dig deep into your body, so do it slowly, and you will find it easier to think...

But above all, just simply realize, that the voices in your head are just you, my friend, an out-of-control you, but still you!

Only by this realization will you start to govern your thoughts.

I still think foolish things, but very rarely now, and not for very long at all, but when I was young, wow!, foolishness was where most of my thoughts were concentrated... I don't even know how I made it through life... But anyway, you've not committed the unpardonable sin, brother, because it can't be done accidentally.

May God bless, you and yours.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Voices are no fun, a terrible illness, that can be very hard to live with. Thinking that not heeding the voices will offend God is never true. God is not a voice in your head. He is love and speaks the truth in love. There is no fear in love.

So its best to have a talk to your psychiatrist for it looks like you need more medicine.

Its best never to believe voices in your head but only the Voice which speaks the truth of Scripture out of your heart. The living word is who you must follow, not voices which stem out of an illness.

God bless you with peace.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟733,159.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Thanks,

SnowTiger

Hi SnowTiger,

The bible tells us that the cross covers our life time of sins. Stating "as it is appointed for man to die once then face judgment, so Christ was crucified once for sin".

The cross covers any sin that we could commit in the body. The sin of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, is a sin that no matter what God says to us we deny his death and resurrection, we choose not to apply it. The pharisees were an example of this, rather than accept Jesus miracles, they choose to deny his word to them. The unpardonable sin is a state of heart, where no matter how many miracles God shows to turn us to Him, we deny them all. A person may in their life deny Christ, but it does not mean they have committed the unpardonable sin, it must be persistent without repentance. You do not fall into the categories of denying Christ. You are seeking to be justified by Him.

Upvote 0

SnowTiger

Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for the help.

I just feel bad because this voice in my head is trying to help me and I keep denying him and today I even called him a devil. I feel like he is from God and I should listen to him.

The voice says that I am not unforgivable though. The voice says "I forgive you."

I worry that by denying this voice I am denying the Holy Spirit and by calling the voice a devil I'm calling the Holy Spirit a devil. However, the voice has said he is not the Holy Spirit. He says he is an angel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did I commit the unforgivable sin by saying this voice was a devil?

Thanks,

SnowTiger

No you did nothing wrong. If God wants to talk to you then i He would not make you freak out and despair your salvation, God is simply not like that.

He loves you to be saved. So trust in Him at all times especially when your ill mind accuses you of sin. Bring it to Jesus and thank Him for forgiveness.

We serve a loving God not a demanding scaremongering monster, like satan can be.

Always remember that brother.

Peace.

• Winner
Reactions: Tempura
Upvote 0

SnowTiger

Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No you did nothing wrong. If God wants to talk to you then i He would not make you freak out and despair your salvation, God is simply not like that.

He loves you to be saved. So trust in Him at all times especially when your ill mind accuses you of sin. Bring it to Jesus and thank Him for forgiveness.

We serve a loving God not a demanding scaremongering monster, like satan can be.

Always remember that brother.

Peace.

Thanks a lot Jeshu for all your kind responses.

I'm trying to have more faith lately.

Thanks,

SnowTiger

Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for the help.

I just feel bad because this voice in my head is trying to help me and I keep denying him and today I even called him a devil. I feel like he is from God and I should listen to him.

The voice says that I am not unforgivable though. The voice says "I forgive you."

I worry that by denying this voice I am denying the Holy Spirit and by calling the voice a devil I'm calling the Holy Spirit a devil. However, the voice has said he is not the Holy Spirit. He says he is an angel.

This seems strange, for you say the voice is trying to tell you to have faith in God, and you don't, and this troubles you. WHY DON'T YOU TURN TO GOD? Have you ever read the Holy Bible? Be brave and open the Bible to John 3 and read, and then also read John 14 asking God to help your understanding; then begin reading ALL of the four Gospel books, and YOU WILL HEAR GOD SPEAKING to you there; and if that means anything to you, you can receive God's salvation and eternal blessing by RECEIVING His "beloved Son: the Lord Jesus, the Christ of God into your life and heart.

Don't continue playing the games Satan is showing while he plays with your mind. The salvation of our soul is found ONLY in having JESUS CHRIST IN OUR HEART (a personal relationship), not just trying to find a good way to believe. I urge you to start trusting God as I said here, and quit listening to Satan. I will pray for you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums