• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Worried about this weird dream I had

stella55

Sep 17, 2017
München
✟19,041.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello again everyone,

I had a really strange dream tonight and now I am a bit scared of what might have happened.

In my dream, I went to the bus station because I wanted to visit my boyfriend who lives in another city. I was looking for the timetables for the city I needed, but found only timetables for other places. So I went into the bus station building to connect to wi-fi and look at the timetables on my phone. There, a man approached me. I think he was an employee of the bus station. He looked like an unreliable man – like someone who seems to be helping you, but will trick you for their own benefit without you even noticing it. I don’t remember what he helped me with. We talked a bit, and then he asked for my name. I told him my name (wish I had thought of a fake name), and he told me his name (I don’t remember it anymore, something with the letter K, if I remember correctly). He then asked me to shake hands with him. I asked him why, we hadn’t made a deal or anything. He smiled and said something, but I don’t remember his answer anymore. We shook hands and said goodbye. I went outside and saw from the distance that my bus was coming. I started running towards it, but there was a huge parking lot between the bus station building and the place where the bus has stopped. It seemed to take me a minute to get there, but when I did, I saw that the bus had already gone. I thought that if I hadn’t talked to the man that long, I would have made it to the bus.

Afterwards, I remember that I sat down on the pavement and started crying, but then I picked myself up and told myself that I won’t give up, I will wait for the next bus, no matter how long it will take. Then I woke up.

Later in the day, I started analyzing this dream. I have a tendency to attach symbolic meaning to just about anything that happens, so I started worrying about this. I am now scared that the man was actually the devil in disguise and that I somehow made a deal with the devil in the dream. Is this possible? Saying my real name and shaking hands with him made me feel really uneasy afterwards. In my country's folklore, there are tales of the devil approaching someone disguised as an ordinary person and then trying to trick them into doing something. So I guess I subconsciously remembered those folk tales and adapted them to this dream.

I actually often pray to God that all of the gifts and good things that I receive in life would come only from Him and no one else, or else I don't want nothing to do with them and refuse to accept them. It is one of my fears that I will somehow receive something that I long for, but not from God, but from the devil. I don't want that, and my OCD often makes me question the source of all the good things that I have in life. And after this dream, I may be scared to receive something good, because I will think this is the "evil deal" from the dream.

Please give me advice. Thank you!

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟776,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In my country's folklore, there are tales of the devil approaching someone disguised as an ordinary person and then trying to trick them into doing something.
In my opinion (I am no theologian), no, one cannot make a deal with the Devil via a dream, when one is not conscious of the deal being made.
So I guess I subconsciously remembered those folk tales and adapted them to this dream.
This! I think you have the answer to your question.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,604.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Hello again everyone,

I had a really strange dream tonight and now I am a bit scared of what might have happened.

In my dream, I went to the bus station because I wanted to visit my boyfriend who lives in another city. I was looking for the timetables for the city I needed, but found only timetables for other places. So I went into the bus station building to connect to wi-fi and look at the timetables on my phone. There, a man approached me. I think he was an employee of the bus station. He looked like an unreliable man – like someone who seems to be helping you, but will trick you for their own benefit without you even noticing it. I don’t remember what he helped me with. We talked a bit, and then he asked for my name. I told him my name (wish I had thought of a fake name), and he told me his name (I don’t remember it anymore, something with the letter K, if I remember correctly). He then asked me to shake hands with him. I asked him why, we hadn’t made a deal or anything. He smiled and said something, but I don’t remember his answer anymore. We shook hands and said goodbye. I went outside and saw from the distance that my bus was coming. I started running towards it, but there was a huge parking lot between the bus station building and the place where the bus has stopped. It seemed to take me a minute to get there, but when I did, I saw that the bus had already gone. I thought that if I hadn’t talked to the man that long, I would have made it to the bus.

Afterwards, I remember that I sat down on the pavement and started crying, but then I picked myself up and told myself that I won’t give up, I will wait for the next bus, no matter how long it will take. Then I woke up.

Later in the day, I started analyzing this dream. I have a tendency to attach symbolic meaning to just about anything that happens, so I started worrying about this. I am now scared that the man was actually the devil in disguise and that I somehow made a deal with the devil in the dream. Is this possible? Saying my real name and shaking hands with him made me feel really uneasy afterwards. In my country's folklore, there are tales of the devil approaching someone disguised as an ordinary person and then trying to trick them into doing something. So I guess I subconsciously remembered those folk tales and adapted them to this dream.

I actually often pray to God that all of the gifts and good things that I receive in life would come only from Him and no one else, or else I don't want nothing to do with them and refuse to accept them. It is one of my fears that I will somehow receive something that I long for, but not from God, but from the devil. I don't want that, and my OCD often makes me question the source of all the good things that I have in life. And after this dream, I may be scared to receive something good, because I will think this is the "evil deal" from the dream.

Please give me advice. Thank you!
Go by the principle that nine out of ten impressions and dreams come from the world, flesh or the devil. Any experience, including dreams that generate fear do not come from the Holy Spirit. I think you can safely ignore that dream.

• Agree
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0