Whippingham, Isle of Wight, England
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Has anyone ever heard of this group or know anything about them? They appear to be some sort of Messianic group. They have a synagogue near me so I'm curious.
Worldwide Nazarene Assembly of Elohim | The Sect of the Nazarenes

Avoid!! (Dr) James Scott Trim, whose name is on the site, ran a 'donate to a new Messianic Bible I am writing' scheme some years ago. Let me just say the book did not appear and many lost all their money, some who got caught up in that are still on these fora. His Doctorate is in brackets because there are concerns that it was not earned academically.

PM me if you need to know more :)

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Has anyone ever heard of this group or know anything about them? They appear to be some sort of Messianic group. They have a synagogue near me so I'm curious.
Worldwide Nazarene Assembly of Elohim | The Sect of the Nazarenes
I don't recommend them. I consider them doctrinally dangerous.

1. They teach that Torah observance is obligatory for all people, rather than something we do out of love. This is contrary to Acts 15. Others in here disagree -- they can speak for themselves.

2. They have cut themselves off from the Christian churches, and set themselves up as the one true church, even though they've been in existence for only how many years? Messianic Judaism bridges Judaism with the Church. This Nazarene group has nothing to do with either Judaism or the Church.

You can check them out, but my intuition tells me that they will be a bit "off." The sort of "not quite right" kind of people that get involved in toxic congregations. I'm not saying it is a cult or anything like that. Just really quirky. But I'm only speaking from a general pattern that I've noticed -- I'm no prophet. Could very well be that they are a great wholesome bunch. Just be careful.

If I were you, I'd stick with the two basic denominations of Messianic Judaism: UMJC and MJAA. If a congregation thinks that those two denominations are unacceptable to associate with, then I have REAL doubts about that congregation. My two cents worth.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for the tips everyone. I went to the particular synagogue's website and watched some of their services and I don't think it is for me regardless of the other issues that may be present.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Avoid!! (Dr) James Scott Trim, whose name is on the site, ran a 'donate to a new Messianic Bible I am writing' scheme some years ago. Let me just say the book did not appear and many lost all their money, some who got caught up in that are still on these fora. His Doctorate is in brackets because there are concerns that it was not earned academically.

PM me if you need to know more :)
Any relation to this group? MessianicBible.com
I signed up for email updates and the eventual "free Bible" and get daily emails imploring me to donate...I haven't yet.

• Haha
Reactions: mishkan
Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Theologian [Applied Theology]
Jul 1, 2015
Whippingham, Isle of Wight, England
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Any relation to this group? MessianicBible.com
I signed up for email updates and the eventual "free Bible" and get daily emails imploring me to donate...I haven't yet.

I don't think they are related. That one was mentioned recently on these fora - in your thread, I think. There is no indication as to who are the researchers on this project, it shows only the back office staff. Until I know who, and their qualifications for such a task, I shall not donate - once bitten, twice shy, as they say!

The appeal of the James Trimm Bible was that it was (supposed to be) the first serious Messianic Bible, and so the interest was there, immediately. :)

• Agree
Reactions: mishkan
Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think time would be well spent studying historical/cultural context of the OT and NT rather than relying on a bible (even a Messianic one) that will confirm our bias and potentially impede the already difficult search for truth and true facts.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't think they are related. That one was mentioned recently on these fora - in your thread, I think. There is no indication as to who are the researchers on this project, it shows only the back office staff. Until I know who, and their qualifications for such a task, I shall not donate - once bitten, twice shy, as they say!

The appeal of the James Trimm Bible was that it was (supposed to be) the first serious Messianic Bible, and so the interest was there, immediately. :)
Yes, it was in my other thread that I found out about that one. Thanks for the tips!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think time would be well spent studying historical/cultural context of the OT and NT rather than relying on a bible (even a Messianic one) that will confirm our bias and potentially impede the already difficult search for truth and true facts.
I agree wholeheartedly with this. Thank you!

Upvote 0