Status
Not open for further replies.

postrib

Feb 7, 2002
✟958.00
Faith
Christian
...I'm pre-trib too...
Note that no scripture promises us a rapture before the tribulation. Jesus says he will come to gather us together "immediately after the tribulation" (Matthew 24:29-31), and Paul says Jesus' coming to gather us together must "destroy" the Antichrist (2 Thessalonians 2:1-8). We Christians must go through the coming tribulation (Revelation 13:7-10, 14:12-13).
...this next war could be very different indeed...
I believe Daniel 11:13 may prophesy a Mid-East war which has not yet happened, and Daniel 11:14 may prophesy a different world reaction to this war than to the Gulf War, so that the U.S. will find itself without much support as a united northern Arab coalition, possibly Iraq & Syria armed with tactical nuclear missiles, may say it's trying "to rightfully wrest the control of Palestine and Egypt from U.S. hegemony and restore them to their Arab brethren." Daniel 11:15-16 may be saying that neither the U.S. nor Israel will find any defense against the use of tactical nuclear missiles, the U.S. will be defeated in its Mid-East position, Israel and Egypt will be occupied, and the tiny country of Israel will be almost completely destroyed.

This war may also cause the downfall of the U.S. at least in its superpower status, especially if China coordinates with the northern Arab coalition so that China attacks Taiwan will all its might at the same time the northern Arab coalition makes an all-out attack on Israel and Egypt. I believe a full-scale war over Taiwan is inevitable: China is only growing stronger and stronger militarily and they will eventually reach the point of confidence to attempt to take Taiwan, especially if they see that most of the U.S.' military force is already fully engaged in a future Mid-East war. I believe the U.S.' losses in the Mid-East may be so great from the tactical nuclear missiles which may be used against Israel and Egypt that public opinion in the U.S. may begin to say "What the hell are we doing over there? 20,000 of our soldiers wiped out in Egypt in one day, for what? Let all the Israelis come over here and live in Montana if they want, but by God, we're not going to lose the lives of any more Americans over this madness." And the U.S may retreat into a Fortress America mentality.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by postrib
Note that no scripture promises us a rapture before the tribulation. Jesus says he will come to gather us together "immediately after the tribulation" (Matthew 24:29-31), and Paul says Jesus' coming to gather us together must "destroy" the Antichrist (2 Thessalonians 2:1-8). We Christians must go through the coming tribulation (Revelation 13:7-10, 14:12-13). I believe Daniel 11:13 may prophesy a Mid-East war which has not yet happened, and Daniel 11:14 may prophesy a different world reaction to this war than to the Gulf War, so that the U.S. will find itself without much support as a united northern Arab coalition, possibly Iraq & Syria armed with tactical nuclear missiles, may say it's trying "to rightfully wrest the control of Palestine and Egypt from U.S. hegemony and restore them to their Arab brethren." Daniel 11:15-16 may be saying that neither the U.S. nor Israel will find any defense against the use of tactical nuclear missiles, the U.S. will be defeated in its Mid-East position, Israel and Egypt will be occupied, and the tiny country of Israel will be almost completely destroyed.

This war may also cause the downfall of the U.S. at least in its superpower status, especially if China coordinates with the northern Arab coalition so that China attacks Taiwan will all its might at the same time the northern Arab coalition makes an all-out attack on Israel and Egypt. I believe a full-scale war over Taiwan is inevitable: China is only growing stronger and stronger militarily and they will eventually reach the point of confidence to attempt to take Taiwan, especially if they see that most of the U.S.' military force is already fully engaged in a future Mid-East war. I believe the U.S.' losses in the Mid-East may be so great from the tactical nuclear missiles which may be used against Israel and Egypt that public opinion in the U.S. may begin to say "What the hell are we doing over there? 20,000 of our soldiers wiped out in Egypt in one day, for what? Let all the Israelis come over here and live in Montana if they want, but by God, we're not going to lose the lives of any more Americans over this madness." And the U.S may retreat into a Fortress America mentality.

Postrib has mentioned a very possible scenario. I see a even more frightening event. The goal of our plan is to keep the Arab nations that have shown an interest in the destruction of Israel and have supported terrorist organizations from developing an inventory of deliverable nukes. The first phase is to take Iraq. This will allow our forces to be able to surround Iran and Syria. A quick look at a map of the region will show this. Phase two, will be to take Iran and Syria out.

The flaw I see in the strategy is the arrogance of our military that they can keep dumping in the Russian and Chinese backyard and them never reacting to this. If we attack Iraq we will commit 70% of our combat ready forces in the attack. We will have at least 4 or 5 fleets in the region. Once our forces are committed, China could attack Taiwan. We would then have to divert navel force to their assistance. North Korea could also take advantage of the situation, and attack South Korea. This would cause us to divert more forces to the aid of the 40,000 Americans serving there. China now has control of both ports on either side of the Panama Canal. They could close the canal or trap our supply ships there. In the Gulf War 80% of the supplies sent to the region were thru the Panama Canal. This was a very strategic move by the Chinese for their preparation on their future attack on Taiwan. The Arabs of course will attack Israel. Now the catch that could cause all this to happen. If the US implements the attack without a UN resolution. Both China and Russia could act in the interest of world peace. First condemning the attack, and then launching an all out missile and air strike on our navel fleets and ground bases. We would be heavily out numbered. We would through conventional means loss 50-60% of our forces in the first day of strikes. Some may believe this to be impossible. I would beg to differ. Remember the reason the US has been so successful in our military campaigns in the last few years, is one reason and one reason alone. We have not had to face an air power. With an all out conventional attack by the combined might’s of the Russian and Chinese air and missile forces. They could decimate our forces in a days time. We would then see a massive invasion of the Middle East by Russia. Israel would be force to escalate the war to nuclear, and I am sure we would too. I believe what we are seeing in the Middle East is the beginning of the battle that will lead to Ezekiel 38 and 39. Just my opinion, and if this is the case, it could take several years for the escalation to happen. Peace, but not yet.

Upvote 0

Nazarene77

In Jesus Precious Name, Amen
Sep 20, 2002
Tennessee, Sounds Good to Me!
✟790.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by Brian45
Next year could be a very interesting year .

:p  This year could be a very interesting year!  Especially with the fact that the U.S. is planning a blitzkreig attack on Iraq and the Bible says that 'Babylon' will fall "in one hour." --Revelation 18:19  This could be VERY interesting.  :pray:

Upvote 0

Brian45

Apr 23, 2002
✟34,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by Nazarene77

:p  This year could be a very interesting year!  Especially with the fact that the U.S. is planning a blitzkreig attack on Iraq and the Bible says that 'Babylon' will fall "in one hour." --Revelation 18:19  This could be VERY interesting.  :pray:

Ah yes , Babylon , that depends on what your interpretation of what babylon is .              :)

Upvote 0

Nazarene77

Sep 20, 2002
✟790.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Ah yes , Babylon , that depends on what your interpretation of what babylon is .              :)

:confused:

Upvote 0

Nazarene77

Sep 20, 2002
✟790.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

There are many different interpretations of Babylon , do you have a problem with this  ?

A problem?  Uh, no.  Just wondering what those interpretations are.  :eek: :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.