Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
http://www.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/09/20/bush.national.security/index.html

http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/meast/09/20/mideast.compound/index.html

With the current U.S. policy on Iraq and the situation with Yasser Arafat right now, I have this really scary gut feeling that something terrible is going to happen very soon.

I saw on CNN tonight that the U.S. is preparing for a blitzkreig attack on Iraq within the next few days. Nations such as Russia, China, and France oppose an attack on Iraq. If the U.S. does attack Iraq, it could trigger a response from opposing nations, igniting a nuclear holocaust.

In the meantime, Yasser Arafat remains holed up in his Presidential Office with the Israeli army right outside demanding that 20 terrorists inside (wanted by Israel) come out and surrender. Just about an hour ago, Israeli soldiers opened fire on this building and now the building Arafat is in has become structurally unstable, endangering him and others inside. If the building does collapse, and Yasser Arafat dies, it could result in a violent response from other Arab Nations, possibly igniting another World War.

Is it interesting to note that Revelations 18, 19 seems to follow this very very carefully. Will this be one of the last battles between good and evil? :rolleyes:

EDIT:

The world is definitely ready for war. Tensions throughout the world, I think, are higher now than they have ever been, especially with the threat of terrorism. I believe terrorism will be the cause of WWIII.

And just because the situation is not the same as in the pre-World War I and II eras doesn't mean that it can't happen. It CAN. Anything can happen.

All it takes is one BIG mistake, people. Just one mistake by one nation during times of high tention could tick off enough nations to start a world war. For example, an assasination. This is exactly how World War I started. Imagine if Yasser Arafat were assinated by an unsuspecting Israeli. That would tick off a lot of Arab nations, possibly leading them to attack Israel with chemical, biological, and/or nuclear weapons. If that happens, the U.N. may retaliate against the offending nations. Boom! World War III.

Start :pray:.

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Could be the prophesied war. . .could be a war that was totally unprophesied and that in fact sets back the prophetic clock a thousand years.

Who knows until it happens?

And no, I'm not a preterist. I'm premill pre-trib. :) :p

Upvote 0

Nazarene77

In Jesus Precious Name, Amen
Sep 20, 2002
Tennessee, Sounds Good to Me!
✟790.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by paulewog
I'm pre-trib too. I think. Rapture -> Tribulation -> Millenium. :p

Personally, I don't believe in the Rapture.  The Bible mentions nothing of it (I think), so I call it a myth.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by paulewog
Bible actually mentions a LOT about it... :)

No it doesn't!  The word 'rapture' doesn't appear in the Bible.  It's a "made-up" term that comes from latin.  All Christians are "caught up" in the spirit of Christ when they are saved...so there is no such thing as "rapture" as in "physical bodies flying through the atmosphere of planet Earth"

Upvote 0

Brian45

Apr 23, 2002
✟34,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by Nazarene77
http://www.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/09/20/bush.national.security/index.html

http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/meast/09/20/mideast.compound/index.html

With the current U.S. policy on Iraq and the situation with Yasser Arafat right now, I have this really scary gut feeling that something terrible is going to happen very soon.

I saw on CNN tonight that the U.S. is preparing for a blitzkreig attack on Iraq within the next few days. Nations such as Russia, China, and France oppose an attack on Iraq. If the U.S. does attack Iraq, it could trigger a response from opposing nations, igniting a nuclear holocaust.

In the meantime, Yasser Arafat remains holed up in his Presidential Office with the Israeli army right outside demanding that 20 terrorists inside (wanted by Israel) come out and surrender. Just about an hour ago, Israeli soldiers opened fire on this building and now the building Arafat is in has become structurally unstable, endangering him and others inside. If the building does collapse, and Yasser Arafat dies, it could result in a violent response from other Arab Nations, possibly igniting another World War.

Is it interesting to note that Revelations 18, 19 seems to follow this very very carefully. Will this be one of the last battles between good and evil? :rolleyes:

If the US attacks Irak then Irak will attack Israel to bring them into the war thus inflamming the arab nations to war against Israel and the US .

Saddam tried this on during the gulf war with his scud missiles but Israel was asked to play dead and do nothing ,  this time however , Israel has stated she will fight back , so yes ,  this next war could be very different indeed  .

I personly don't believe we are in anyway close to armageddon yet , as that is to happen at the time of the end , and here is a quick look at that time  :

Luke 21&nbsp; :&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring;<SUP> 26</SUP>men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.<SUP> </SUP>

&nbsp;

I"m going to be watching the religious and political conditions in the wars aftermath .

<SUP></SUP>&nbsp;&nbsp;

<SUP></SUP>&nbsp;

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Originally posted by Susan
Frank, please sstop posting preterist nonsense. . .:sigh:

You are dancing my dear....when everything else fails and you have no argument to supoport your position, let's throw out the "preterist" label.&nbsp; How convenient..&nbsp; Why don't YOU address the argument with LOGIC and COMMON SENSE...and maybe scripture like a good Christian would do?&nbsp; I find it very offensive and unchristian for you to be so disrespectful, rude and mean!&nbsp; Talk about nonsense!?!

What exactly about my statement is nonsense?&nbsp;

1.&nbsp; I claimed that the word "rapture" never appears in the Bible.&nbsp; Would you care to show us where it appears if this is nonsense?

2.&nbsp; I said that when someone is saved, their spirit is caught-up with Christ, in that the person is now with Christ and one with him.&nbsp; How is that nonsense?&nbsp;

Upvote 0

Nazarene77

Sep 20, 2002
✟790.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by Frank
when everything else fails and you have no argument to supoport your position

Um, yes exactly.&nbsp; I think they've been reading too much Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins (Left Behind).&nbsp; That's it.&nbsp; :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nazarene77

Sep 20, 2002
✟790.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by Hector Medina
I woulden't trust CNN for news they are too biastic.

Here we go with the 'don't trust the source' stuff.&nbsp; I've heard all that before (on other forum sites) and I don't go for it.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; :sigh:

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Personally, I don't believe in the Rapture.&nbsp; The Bible mentions nothing of it (I think), so I call it a myth.

The term "rapture" usually is used in reference to a pre-tribulation resurrection of living and dead believers. That is a myth. There will be, however, the first resurrection of the dead at the sounding of the seventh trumpet in Revelations. This is commmonly called the post-trib "rapture".

Rev. 20:6 (KJV)&nbsp;
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

If this is the "first" resurrection, then no resurrection (or "rapture") could have taken place before it.

&nbsp;

Upvote 0

Patmosman_sga

Jun 17, 2002
Georgia
Visit site
✟783.00
Faith
Protestant
The problem with "rapturistic" interpretations of such passages as 1 Thessalonians 4, Matthew 24 and several portions of Revelation, is that such interpretations do not fit the Jewish apocalyptic worldview which forms the context for the inspired New Testament writers. To begin with the Greek word for "air" in 1 Thessalonians 4:17 refers to the "air" within our immediate proximity. It is not the air "up there," that is, the sky. Rather, it is the air "out there," which we encounter every time we breathe.

Furthermore, the popular picture of the "rapture" is based on an unbiblical worldview which sees "heaven" as inherently "good" and "earth" as inherently "evil." Such a dualistic view grossly underestimates both the devastating effects of sin upon the whole of God's creation and the awesome power of God to redeem that creation out of its state of fallenness.

The Christian hope that "creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God" (Romans 8:21) is rooted in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. As God raised Jesus from the dead, so he will also raise both the "dead in Christ" and those who are "alive" and longing for his coming to a new and glorious life in a creation fully redeemed and restored to its original splendor, with both the "living" and the "dead" sharing with Jesus the victory and vindication of the resurrection. This is the meaning behind Paul's reference to "the clouds," a common Jewish apocalyptic image for the vindication of God's people after a time of suffering (another inconvenient historical fact for those who are so "caught up" in escapist pre-trib or pre-wrath hysteria).

Paul was not trying to "encourage" the Thessalonians by simply telling them that "one day" they would all "fly away" into the sky and leave this filthy old world behind. Rather, he was articulating for them a hope for the "future" rooted in what Christ had done in the "past" to give them a reason to live for Christ and his kingdom in the "present." As God raised Jesus from the dead, so he will also, through Christ, do the same for all of his creation, heaven and earth alike; and both "the dead in Christ" and "we who are alive" will share in the joy of the resurrection in a fully redeemed, fully restored creation with Jesus himself being personally present among us.

Upvote 0

Nazarene77

Sep 20, 2002
✟790.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The world is definitely ready for war. Tensions throughout the world, I think, are higher now than they have ever been, especially with the threat of terrorism. I believe terrorism will be the cause of WWIII.

And just because the situation is not the same as in the pre-World War I and II eras doesn't mean that it can't happen. It CAN. Anything can happen.

All it takes is one BIG mistake, people. Just one mistake by one nation during times of high tention could tick off enough nations to start a world war. For example, an assasination. This is exactly how World War I started. Imagine if Yasser Arafat were assinated by an unsuspecting Israeli. That would tick off a lot of Arab nations, possibly leading them to attack Israel with chemical, biological, and/or nuclear weapons. If that happens, the U.N. may retaliate against the offending nations. Boom! World War III.

Start :pray:.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.