Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well the main reason I posted the OP was not to "bash" the church as some have accused me of. Nor was it to promote homosexuality. Nor was it to discuss the morality of that issue.

It was to highlight what the consequences of saying "stop contributing to World Vision" are, even for an issue such as homosexuality/same-sex marriage. I'll be honest, I contribute to World Vision, and I will continue to do so. Not because I support every decision they make as a corporation/organization, but because the child, family, and community my contributions assist depend upon that support. Children get sold into sex trafficking because their parents can't afford food or whatever. If my amount helps save even one child from such a horrible future then it is worth it.

There are other ways to let organizations know that you do not agree with them other than saying, blacklist them and find someone else. Those people overseas who are supported through World Vision had NOTHING, absolutely nothing to do with that decision that was made, and yet because the majority of the church overreacted, and that's what it was, they will suffer loss as a result. That is a shame and I HIGHLY DOUBT Jesus is pleased when there are other ways to bring the issue to light without affecting those who need the support most.

dont you love it when a point your trying to make gets overly complicated ?
let me try and see through all the complications ..

so world visions dropped a discrimination stance (discrimination by world law standards only )and was going to hire some gays (married) "some" churches in america said .."if you do we will all pull out from donating " and so WV reversed the stand in fear of losing all the money .
-do i have that part right ?

Now -you disagree with the "churches" reaction .. so to agree or disagree with you i need to momentarily forget the gay issue and look at the churches reaction.

so what do i see ? in order to disallow some gays to being hired by world vision ,those churches were willing to throw myriads of extremely poor families into even further abject poverty and suffering in order to enforce their will on this issue .

yes -i can see how you would consider that to be a wrong reaction .

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No you got upset for some reason, not sure why.

I simply stated the rules before anyone got any ideas about talking kindly about homosexuality on here. I've did that before so people was not getting reported.

No you interpretted my response as such but I assure you I was not upset

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
dont you love it when a point your trying to make gets overly complicated ?
let me try and see through all the complications ..

so world visions dropped a discrimination stance (discrimination by world law standards only )and was going to hire some gays (married) "some" churches in america said .."if you do we will all pull out from donating " and so WV reversed the stand in fear of losing all the money .
-do i have that part right ?

Now -you disagree with the "churches" reaction .. so to agree or disagree with you i need to momentarily forget the gay issue and look at the churches reaction.

so what do i see ? in order to disallow some gays to being hired by world vision ,those churches were willing to throw myriads of extremely poor families into even further abject poverty and suffering in order to enforce their will on this issue .

yeah that is it I think lol...

Upvote 0

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

That is only if those who ceased support did not find another area to give that same support to... WV does not have a monopoly on charity...

if a pastor failed morally, does firing him mean no one will have a pastor next week, or for the upcoming wedding??? yes,,,, if there were no moral, ethical ministers in the world looking to pastor the church......

if I find a restaurant serves spoiled or distasteful food... I do not keep going because if I do not I cannot eat... no, I find a restaurant that makes tasty food... usually there is one on the other corner...

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is only if those who ceased support did not find another area to give that same support to... WV does not have a monopoly on charity...

if a pastor failed morally, does firing him mean no one will have a pastor next week, or for the upcoming wedding??? yes,,,, if there were no moral, ethical ministers in the world looking to pastor the church......

if I find a restaurant serves spoiled or distasteful food... I do not keep going because if I do not I cannot eat... no, I find a restaurant that makes tasty food... usually there is one on the other corner...

Comparing a restaurant down the street to a charity that gives those living in poverty, extreme poverty at that is hardly a fair comparison. And you are right there are other charities that support families I agree. Perhaps the children I sponsor are on those too but what if they aren't? What would happen to those who depend upon World Vision to keep food on the table or heaven forbid from selling their children as sex slaves? Is it right for us to put their lives in jeopardy because we don't want to find a better way to air our grievances? No its not

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,139.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If my amount helps save even one child from such a horrible future then it is worth it.

Agreed that it is necessary work.

However it might be possible to support a ministry who do the same necessary work but who also follow the bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

yes and that is a dilemma .. if one ceases to sponsor a child for instance through WV ..one cant just continue to sponsore them through another organisation ? can they ? that child/family/village may not be on the other organizations books ..

some one else has asked ..what would we do personally ..i must consider this as through this news i have discovered WV New Zealand does not have a no gays policy ..they have never made it an issue either direction. So ... what to do ..
As I type this i am "feeling" (by heart not by emotion)a path of spiritual logic forming (spiritual logic superceeds worldly logic by embracing the wisdom of God-which the world does no know)..

i find the 1st two commandments have super imposed themselves in my thoughts on the issue and from that stance ..in LOVE i must overlook(cover) sin[/B] in order to continue what is the best demonstration of love toward the poor the widow and the fatherless .

shall i cause them increased suffering due to the godless behaviour of some one else? (in this case the godless behavior of gays who double their abominations against god by mocking marriage)
shall i inadvertently punish the innocent due to the actions of the foolish ?
NO.. that would violate the first two commandments .thus i will let LOVE dominate my heart and i will let LOVE cover a multitude of sin ..that the poor, the widow ,the fatherless,need no suffer more then they already do .. i will continue to sponsor.

Reactions: ByTheSpirit
Upvote 0

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I sponsor through 'Compassion international'... and I would recommend, for any future sponsorships, that WV be forgotten, and other agencies used that are more compatible with Christian ethics...

if they deviate in that one point, how many other points are they deviant in their work, teachings, etc... ???

the 'innocent' children need their sponsor... the group supplying that help for you, needs to re-evaluate, and have a change of leadership... but till they do, more sponsorship through them, would be wrong..

Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
yes and that is a dilemma .. if one ceases to sponsor a child for instance through WV ..one cant just continue to sponsore them through another organisation ? can they ? that child/family/village may not be on the other organizations books ..

some one else has asked ..what would we do personally ..i must consider this as through this news i have discovered WV New Zealand does not have a no gays policy ..they have never made it an issue either direction. So ... what to do ..
As I type this i am "feeling" (by heart not by emotion)a path of spiritual logic forming (spiritual logic superceeds worldly logic by embracing the wisdom of God-which the world does no know)..

i find the 1st two commandments have super imposed themselves in my thoughts on the issue and from that stance ..in LOVE i must overlook(cover) sin[/B] in order to continue what is the best demonstration of love toward the poor the widow and the fatherless .

shall i cause them increased suffering due to the godless behaviour of some one else? (in this case the godless behavior of gays who double their abominations against god by mocking marriage)
shall i inadvertently punish the innocent due to the actions of the foolish ?
NO.. that would violate the first two commandments .thus i will let LOVE dominate my heart and i will let LOVE cover a multitude of sin ..that the poor, the widow ,the fatherless,need no suffer more then they already do .. i will continue to sponsor.

:thumbsup: Exactly! :amen::preach:

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How many people here would stop sponsoring their child because of this decision?

Not me... But I fear much damage has already been done and I pray WV stays up so I can continue to sponsor and my wife as well

Upvote 0

Simon Peter

14th Generation PROTESTant
Mar 4, 2004
America
✟4,491.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How many people here would stop sponsoring their child because of this decision?

Personally, if was sponsoring a child through WV, I would complete that commitment until the child was 16 or 18 and then I would not sponsor another child through WV. I would use another more reputable charity.

We should also ask, how many people did WV think would stop sponsoring children because of their decision?
Any officer of that organization - with half a brain - could have predicted a significant impact.
We must assume that WV thinks the 'gay marriage rights' of gays are more important than children being fed!

peace,
Simon

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NorrinRadd

Xian, Biblicist, Fideist, Pneumatic, Antinomian
Sep 2, 2007
Wayne Township, PA, USA
✟8,652.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Personally, if was sponsoring a child through WV, I would complete that commitment until the child was 16 or 18 and then I would not sponsor another child through WV. I would use another more reputable charity.

We should also ask, how many people did WV think would stop sponsoring children because of their decision?
Any officer of that organization - with half a brain - could have predicted a significant impact.
We must assume that WV thinks the 'gay marriage rights' of gays are more important than children being fed!

peace,
Simon

Suppose a ministry considers it not only acceptable to affirm gay marriage, but actually IMMORAL to NOT do so. Would you say that ministry should violate its morality in fear of losing donations?

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Theres any number of reasons they may have done it. I got a letter not long ago from them saying they were running short on funds for the area I support and asked for more. Perhaps this was one way to bring in money. I doubt the decision was as simple as gays versus children though. I don't see how the two are in conflict with each other. Such an attitude is exactly why I said Christians can and do treat homosexuals differently than other sinners.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,139.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Such an attitude is exactly why I said Christians can and do treat homosexuals differently than other sinners.

Because homosexuality, specifically same sex marriage, is one particular sin that is demanding and receiving official sanction from Christian groups and churches. That is where the battle lies in our time. It's a whole different ballgame when a church is pressurized into saying that a sin is now morally acceptable to God.

Take any other sin, burglary for example. Why doesn't 'VW' condone housebreaking to get money from burglars?

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because homosexuality, specifically same sex marriage, is one particular sin that is demanding and receiving official sanction from Christian groups and churches. That is where the battle lies in our time. It's a whole different ballgame when a church is pressurized into saying that a sin is now morally acceptable to God.

Take any other sin, burglary for example. Why doesn't 'VW' condone housebreaking to get money from burglars?

From that perspective I understand but we still shouldn't counter persecute them. Turn the other cheek or something like that right?

Upvote 0