World tourism -top 10 countries -Greece number 10!

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Do not listen to the media... friend :) I visit every year and I stay in the suburbs of Athens there is nothing going on..esp in the islands there is nothing going on. They are all having a great time :)

Do not get discouraged and miss the great weather good food and friendly people :)

Upvote 0

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Greece is awesome and has great people....Loved it their through my Turkish friend was a bit on edge :)

And he should be... as Greece gets into air space 'fights" after the Turks provoke every single summer with invading our air borders :( ...Some of their pilots and many of ours have fallen due to this "habit" of "plane air fights".... Other than that yeah it is enjoyable to sit back and get a great tan while the breeze is totally cooling you off gazing a deep blue or blue-green sea :)

Black_Sand_Beach2_1.jpg

PRESENTATION of my country Greece - The beauty of Hellas! - YouTube

Beauty in Greece - YouTube

Upvote 0

bigbadwilf

Drinking from the glass half-empty
Dec 22, 2008
Oxford, UK
✟8,706.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
We spent a week on Rhodes last autumn, the holiday was great. Athough (as seems to be a pattern for me and planes) the travelling wasn't exactly easy.

On the way out there, we arrived just in time to catch the last three hours of a baggage handlers striike at the airport.

On the way back, some nurk managed to break all of Greek air traffic control (with the net result that nothing was allowed in the air for 12 hours), the plane that we were supposed to be on got diverted to Bulgaria for the night.

On reflection, I can think of an awful lot worse places to be stranded...

Upvote 0