World Peace.. Utopia coming soon

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
The Roman Pope Francis and the grand imam of Egypt’s Al-Azhar, the highest seat of learning in Sunni Islam, have signed a one world religion agreement titled “Document on Human Fraternity for World Peace and Living Together.”

The agreement supports a one world fraternity of religion with the goal to bring about world peace and government for all humanity. It is an ecumenical document of the highest order with many describing it as a “historical breakthrough.”

This was the first visit ever made by a Roman Catholic Pope to the Muslim Arabian Peninsula.

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
HI visionary,

Certainly worth keeping our eyes and ears open. While I'm not convinced that this is the covenant spoken of by Daniel the prophet, it could be the beginning of our heading towards such a covenant. Let him who has eyes to see and ears to hear be aware of all the things that are going on and be watchful.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Roman Pope Francis and the grand imam of Egypt’s Al-Azhar, the highest seat of learning in Sunni Islam, have signed a one world religion agreement titled “Document on Human Fraternity for World Peace and Living Together.”

The agreement supports a one world fraternity of religion with the goal to bring about world peace and government for all humanity. It is an ecumenical document of the highest order with many describing it as a “historical breakthrough.”

This was the first visit ever made by a Roman Catholic Pope to the Muslim Arabian Peninsula.

It states that goal, but really has only two signatures.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The agreement supports a one world fraternity of religion
From what I read, this is an accurate statement. It supports a fraternity of religions, and not one-world religion. And the terms of the agreement seem so benign that I'm surprised the Imam signed it. But it does imply the two faiths worship the same God, and the dividing line between fraternity and functional unity among religions can be very fine, especially considering that this pope has already proclaimed that Catholics should not proselytize their faith.

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Communist “Utopia” promises the same future “heaven on earth” as the “Messianic Millennium” promised by Judeo-Protestant Christianity. The “dictator of the proletariat” similarly refers to their expected “Messiah”. Both ideologies are “selling” the same “product”, albeit “repackaged” for different targeted demographics ("third estate proletariat" vs. "third estate bourgeoisie" respectively).

(By contrast, Greco-Roman-Orthodox Christianity alleges a different chronology rooted in the Septuagint OT, not the more modern Masoretic OT. Whereas the shortened chronology of the latter says today is the dawn of the Messianic Millennium Utopia [Rev 20:1], the longer chronology of the former says today is actually the brink of Gog & Magog & Man-of-Sin [Rev 20:9a] and The Game Over End of Earth [Rev 20:9b].)

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
From what I read, this is an accurate statement. It supports a fraternity of religions, and not one-world religion. And the terms of the agreement seem so benign that I'm surprised the Imam signed it. But it does imply the two faiths worship the same God, and the dividing line between fraternity and functional unity among religions can be very fine, especially considering that this pope has already proclaimed that Catholics should not proselytize their faith.
Did you expect the one-world religion to be like the tower of babel where they are all united under one god? Given the beast that the harlot rides on, I see ten horns, so a fraternity of religions could fit that.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Did you expect the one-world religion to be like the tower of babel where they are all united under one god? Given the beast that the harlot rides on, I see ten horns, so a fraternity of religions could fit that.
It's one thing for the leaders to get together and say, hey, let's not kill each other, eh? It's another for them to join in a unity that denies the claims of Christ. If the pope tells his people not to proselytize, I think we're very much headed toward the latter.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
It's one thing for the leaders to get together and say, hey, let's not kill each other, eh? It's another for them to join in a unity that denies the claims of Christ. If the pope tells his people not to proselytize, I think we're very much headed toward the latter.
How much can they deny and still qualify?

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

This sort of pluralism is contrary to scripture. Beyond that, it's a useless piece of paper. The Bishop does not speak for all Christians and one imam does not speak for all Muslims. Surely the imam is not speaking for Boko Haran, which is currently murdering Christians in Nigeria and elsewhere by the thousands.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
This sort of pluralism is contrary to scripture. Beyond that, it's a useless piece of paper. The Bishop does not speak for all Christians and one imam does not speak for all Muslims. Surely the imam is not speaking for Boko Haran, which is currently murdering Christians in Nigeria and elsewhere by the thousands.
Those two are of the attitude that they do represent the faiths.

Upvote 0