Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Nobody reads these old Fake News posts anymore. Old, very old Fake News.

US Americans are smarter than this but, I guess some of the foreigners have not caught on yet. Let them spend their gears cuz when it comes to American politics they truly do not matter.

M-Bob
So reality has been relegated to "fake news". No wonder so many Americans are unhappy and angry with each other. A country where reality is considered fake, but whatever a leader tells you must become your reality, this must be a very difficult environment to live in.

You don't seem to understand how international politics work. It requires at least two countries, and one of them is sure to be full of foreigners. And their opinion does matter.

Trump is someone to be mocked by world leaders. If a country wants an advantageous agreement, they will make a big deal about Trump coming. Say how smart Trump is. Roll out a giant red carpet for Trump. And Trump will gladly do anything to get such treatment because if he makes a trade deal that loses the USA billions, it isn't Trump money being lost. Trump has a history of scamming his customers and why would he treat Americans any different than he has in the past?

Donald Trump Mocked By Nordic Prime Ministers
Donald Trump Mocked by Malcolm Turnbull of Australia

Asian leaders roll out the red carpet for Trump — and he loves it
...midway through the longest foreign presidential trip in 25 years, Trump is showing that a little flattery can go a long way with him. In stops in Japan, South Korea and China, Trump was feted, pampered and celebrated with florid displays of diplomatic pageantry and poetry...

Trump University: Yes, It Was a Massive Scam
Donald Trump Agrees to Pay $25 Million in Trump University Settlement

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"fake news" = any reporting that doesn't paint my guy in a positive light.

There it is just more fake news.

Fake news is news that is proven to be fake a lot of it around nowadays.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
There it is just more fake news.

Fake news is news that is proven to be fake a lot of it around nowadays.

M-Bob

It's a weird thing - because I can see some of what you're saying - like it's fair to say that CNN doesn't care much for Trump. Now, you can argue whether or not it's for partisan reasons, or because maybe there's good reason not to care for Trump. Personally, I'm inclined to believe it's the latter. Trump is little more than a Kardashian in a suit. You elect a reality show guy - you're going to expect reality show antics...and he provides it in spades.

But - at the same time - while there is bend against the guy - I also see an attempt to self correct if the reporting is actually wrong. You see retractions when appropriate, you see apologies if it truly was wrong, you see discipline against the journalists if basic journalistic standards aren't followed (like following up and verifying leads/etc), etc.

I can't help, though, in noticing that those that scream "fake news" the loudest are also the ones who usually indulge in the most blatantly partisan media, which doesn't retract stories... Which don't issue apologies when they've clearly gotten a story wrong...etc. I mean heck - I see people screaming "fake news" in one moment and then quoting nonsense like Project Veritas stories the very next.

I do think it's entirely based upon partisan "let's defend my guy, and go after the other guy" behavior for those reasons...lol

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Let me just say that if the Nazis are coming to town, I have no problems with people meeting them with baseball bats and fists.

Then you are part of the problem. Being ready
in case they cause trouble is not the same as
causing the trouble because you don't like them.

They have as much right to peacefully protest
as any group and any individual. Even BLM has
the right to protest. Just not to riot, damage the
community and block roads. None of those are
peaceful.

1st Amendment
"...the right of the people peaceably to assemble,
and to petition the government for a redress of
grievances."

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
He says some of the Nazis and KKK are "very fine people".

Then your answer should be, "Yes. I don't care what
he said. I'm going to lie about it because I hate him."

Because you've been corrected and you even posted
a video with the proof on it.

Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Then you are part of the problem. Being ready
in case they cause trouble is not the same as
causing the trouble because you don't like them.

They have as much right to peacefully protest
as any group and any individual. Even BLM has
the right to protest. Just not to riot, damage the
community and block roads. None of those are
peaceful.

1st Amendment
"...the right of the people peaceably to assemble,
and to petition the government for a redress of
grievances."

I’m glad you while defending the rights of nazis to assemble (who have historically declared war on us as a nation - and who have as a movement have killed vast swaths of our people) you also acknowledge that even black people who believe an injustice is going on (whether right or wrong) also can protest!

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
In this case Trump is big laughing stock and is openly mocked by other world leaders.

A president whose own secretary of state called him a "_____ moron" and then refused to deny it publicly, would be pretty much the definition of a laughing stock.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I’m glad you while defending the rights of nazis to assemble (who have historically declared war on us as a nation - and who have as a movement have killed vast swaths of our people) you also acknowledge that even black people who believe an injustice is going on (whether right or wrong) also can protest!

Of course. The two groups (Nazis and BLM) are sides of the same coin.
As long as they are peaceful, they have the same rights as anyone else.
vqEEeJa.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Of course. The two groups (Nazis and BLM) are sides of the same coin.
As long as they are peaceful, they have the same rights as anyone else.

I don't really agree with that for a variety of reasons.

First, while I may not know any actual BLM members, I know a bunch of people that support the cause. Not a single one of them holds views like that. So far as everyone I know is concerned, the entire movement is based around the idea that black people are unfairly targeted and suffer disproportionately for their "crimes" relative to other groups. That's it.

Is it entirely possible there's some kookery in the movement - likely there is. But, apart from memes and what to me seems like selective quotes from people virtually nobody has ever heard of - I don't hear a lot of that either.

Then there's the historical context.

I'm a lot less tolerate of people who can look at the actual history of nazis, the numbers they actually killed, why they killed them...etc...and with the benefit of historical hindsight STILL come to the conclusion of "Yeah, that's the right stuff. That's what the world needs MORE of."

So far as I'm concerned Nazis are still an enemy of the American people. They declared war on us, and they surrendered to us. But that doesn't change the fact that they're an enemy, and I believe ought be treated as such. Same thing with confederates.

I don't have the same type of animosity toward people who feel (often rightly so) that they've been the subject of discrimination and are upset by it. For that reason I'm prepared to give them quite a bit more leeway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So your argument is that if republican chairman and former republican candidate for Louisiana governor, David Duke is a racist and a Nazi, then republicans are a Nazi racist organization?

Can you explain that one in a little more detail? I'm not denying it out of hand, but I notice that a lot of republicans, (perhaps a majority) are neither Nazis nor racists.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did you bother to try and google it? I just did, and
it turns out she is co-founder of the Toronto BLM.
you posted the meme, I asked if you could supply a link to show where it was said...which I see you still haven't provided. :sorry:
tulc(tends to like it when people support their own arguments) :wave:

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
you posted the meme, I asked if you could supply a link to show where it was said...which I see you still haven't provided. :sorry:
tulc(tends to like it when people support their own arguments) :wave:

Google it.

It's not as if this was new information or hard to find.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Google it.

It's not as if this was new information or hard to find.

The question stands. By your measurement, if there were republican leaders who are Nazis or KKK (such as David Duke) does that mean republicans are Nazis and Klan members?

If not, why do you apply that reasoning to BLM?

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
The question stands. By your measurement, if there were republican leaders who are Nazis or KKK (such as David Duke) does that mean republicans are Nazis and Klan members?

If not, why do you apply that reasoning to BLM?

By leaders, you mean such people as Robert Byrd?
I don't think there are any in the GOP leadership.

The woman in my earlier meme was not just a BLM
member, but a founder of the Toronto group. And I
would be surprised if her attitude wasn't common
among most of the local chapters.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
By leaders, you mean such people as Robert Byrd?

Sadly, no. Byrd, as you might know, repented his racism, apologized for it, ans sought to make amends. David Duke even after he became a party chairman for the republicans and their candidate for Governor, continued to hate blacks, Jews, and Muslioms, throughing his support to Trump precisely because of Trump's hostility to those groups.

I don't think there are any in the GOP leadership.

You're right. Not one republican racist has repented and apologized. But to be fair, Byrd had to decide if he was going to remain a racist or leave the democrat party. The republicans, on the other hand, intentionally recruited racists, as a means of securing the south.

The woman in my earlier meme was not just a BLM member, but a founder of the Toronto group.

And David Duke isn't just a fervent Trump supporter; he was a republican party chairman in Louisiana, and the republican candidate for Governor.

And polls show that his attitude is surprisingly common among Trump supporters.

Using your yardstick, the republican party is a party of the KKK and Nazis.
170828_POL_trumpCharts.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I don't really agree with that for a variety of reasons.

First, while I may not know any actual BLM members, I know a bunch of people that support the cause. Not a single one of them holds views like that. So far as everyone I know is concerned, the entire movement is based around the idea that black people are unfairly targeted and suffer disproportionately for their "crimes" relative to other groups. That's it.

Is it entirely possible there's some kookery in the movement - likely there is. But, apart from memes and what to me seems like selective quotes from people virtually nobody has ever heard of - I don't hear a lot of that either.

Then there's the historical context.

I'm a lot less tolerate of people who can look at the actual history of nazis, the numbers they actually killed, why they killed them...etc...and with the benefit of historical hindsight STILL come to the conclusion of "Yeah, that's the right stuff. That's what the world needs MORE of."

So far as I'm concerned Nazis are still an enemy of the American people. They declared war on us, and they surrendered to us. But that doesn't change the fact that they're an enemy, and I believe ought be treated as such. Same thing with confederates.

I don't have the same type of animosity toward people who feel (often rightly so) that they've been the subject of discrimination and are upset by it. For that reason I'm prepared to give them quite a bit more leeway.

You ever hear Richard Spencer talk about his ideas/goals? They sound an awful lot like the demands BLM has up on their website.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You ever hear Richard Spencer talk about his ideas/goals? They sound an awful lot like the demands BLM has up on their website.

You'd probably be more effective if you actually cited facts.

What, specifically, is on the BLM website that's as racist or un-American as the things some Trump followers advocate?

Upvote 0