Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Zoii, Are YOU kidding??? Sometimes "positive relations" with other countries mandates a leader/President to be seen by some in a negative light. Especially today after an 8 yr presidency where collisions were knowingly made, right out in sight, with those who make us their enemy, economic and other handouts killing our country, and a very successful campaign nationally to undermine democracy and morality gaining a positive response from other immoral and/or other than democratic nations.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
ows_145886203190795.jpg

Canada has outlawed masculinity, not that the
politicians had much at any time. Probably came
from having a Queen for most of the last century.

Nah, it's just the progressives.
Canadians, like most Americans, have long since written "The Donald" off as a lost cause, and in true Trump fashion, resorting to "name calling" insulting another nation's masculinity isn't going to earn us any friends in a country with which we share 5250 miles of border.

Moving one's embassy to Jerusalem is an unnecessary provocation that puts that nation's citizens at risk - especially when they are traveling abroad!

Perhaps that's exactly what this President has in mind - provoke a major incident involving Muslim "extremists" as a venue to increase his sagging public approval ratings in the polls!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

Let's face it: there are no Western European nations who are really our allies any more. They haven't functioned as such in decades. They take our money and give us what in return? Mockery, derision, and that's about it.

Time to pull up stops. Good luck thumbing your noses at us about your wonderful Universal Health Care, Europe, when you actually have to pay for your own defense.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Youre kidding arent you. The government takes care of managing the country. The job of its leader should at least involve establishing positive relations internationally. For you to imagine how he is considered doesnt matter is totally incredulous to me. He represents your country. He is viewed poorly in the extreme meaning that the USA is seen very poorly as a nation. But I get it that perhaps youre meaning is that the citizens of the USA couldn't couldn't care less how other nations view them.

The USA is so reviled by so-called "allies" that the USA would have to dissolve itself and then resort to actual self-flagellation to satisfy the nay-sayers. We are onto this, and we say no. We won't capitulate to the haters and the nay-sayers, and basically, this is ticking off the entire world. Or a lot of the world. Too bad. Fund your own militaries now.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The USA is so reviled by so-called "allies" that the USA would have to dissolve itself and then resort to actual self-flagellation to satisfy the nay-sayers. We are onto this, and we say no. We won't capitulate to the haters and the nay-sayers, and basically, this is ticking off the entire world. Or a lot of the world. Too bad. Fund your own militaries now.
Thats a shame you do not have the capacity to be intraspective. Examing your history is a good not self destructive thing. As for defense spending, the U SA does not fund New Zealands defense.

In point of fact New Zealand has conducted itself with enormous integrity in the face of large nations acting agressively towards it in modern times. In 1985 the French Goverment committed an act of terrorism on New Zealand soil. Then in the same year the USA entered New Zealands waters and refused to declare their nuclear status of its vessels in contravention of New Zealands sovereign rights. New Zealand was a long time ally of the US having been prevailed on by invocation of the ANZUS alliance in Korea and Vietnam. Because NZ insisted on its sovereign rights in regards to its ports, the US broke the alliance.

Before you point the finger at the OPs reasonable discussion, i thought you should be aware of some facts as opposed to the rhetoric thrown around.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Let's face it: there are no Western European nations who are really our allies any more. They haven't functioned as such in decades. They take our money and give us what in return? Mockery, derision, and that's about it.

Time to pull up stops. Good luck thumbing your noses at us about your wonderful Universal Health Care, Europe, when you actually have to pay for your own defense.
Exactly what developed nation accepts US funds and in what capacity? Just fact checking here. I can't think of any

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Thats a shame you do not have the capacity to be intraspective. Examing your history is a good not self destructive thing. As for defense spending, the U SA does not fund New Zealands defense.

In point of fact New Zealand has conducted itself with enormous integrity in the face of large nations acting agressively towards it in modern times. In 1985 the French Goverment committed an act of terrorism on New Zealand soil. Then in the same year the USA entered New Zealands waters and refused to declare their nuclear status of its vessels in contravention of New Zealands sovereign rights. New Zealand was a long time ally of the US having been prevailed on by invocation of the ANZUS alliance in Korea and Vietnam. Because NZ insisted on its sovereign rights in regards to its ports, the US broke the alliance.

Before you point the finger at the OPs reasonable discussion, i thought you should be aware of some facts as opposed to the rhetoric thrown around.

Really, you know I cannot be introspective? I don't even have the capacity.

All right, that ends that, then.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Ok lisa. Fair enough

I can't reason with projection. You're projecting onto me with accusations. You don't need me for that; it's entirely one-way. So I won't waste my time on it.

This happens a lot with Americans, btw. A real lot. I don't expect that YOU will give a lot of introspection to that, but there it is.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Oh @Liza B. i just realized my comments on NZ were meant on another thread we were discussing. Sorry if that confused things. As for "projection" im not sure what you mean exactly but promise its not an attack. I'm just debating n im trying to be respectful. I apologize if thats not coming through well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Oh @Liza B. i just realized my comments on NZ were meant on another thread we were discussing. Sorry if that confused things. As for "projection" im not sure what you mean exactly but promise its not an attack. I'm just debating n im trying to be respectful. I apologize if thats not coming through well.

Thank you. I think it's stating that "I don't have the capacity to be introspective" that is off-putting. You don't know that about me based on one interaction. Just because I reject an idea or even a set of ideas does not mean I don't have the *capacity* to be introspective.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Canadians, like most Americans, have long since written "The Donald" off as a lost cause, and in true Trump fashion, resorting to "name calling" insulting another nation's masculinity isn't going to earn us any friends in a country with which we share 5250 miles of border.

Moving one's embassy to Jerusalem is an unnecessary provocation that puts that nation's citizens at risk - especially when they are traveling abroad!

Perhaps that's exactly what this President has in mind - provoke a major incident involving Muslim "extremists" as a venue to increase his sagging public approval ratings in the polls!

They need Trump more than Trump needs them.
MB

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It's not good to tell lies regarding our President.
Of course some know not better.
M-Bob
MBob youre right of course - when we debate we should fact-check ourselves and not knowingly lie. But which bit are you suggesting @Yonny Costopoulis is lying about. Are you suggesting Trump rejects the base that Yonny was referring to? Because even in Australia we heard a lot of coverage over his comments in support of neo-nazis and re-tweets from the UK right wing. Are you saying that coverage was incorrect? Plus M-Bob - its one thing to highlight someone is incorrect and another to state that one is lying.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Trump does not support white supremacist and I saw him talking in an interview 35 40 years ago he did not support white supremacist so these are all lies.

M-Bob
So he has confronted or denounced those groups?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump does not support white supremacist and I saw him talking in an interview 35 40 years ago he did not support white supremacist so these are all lies.

M-Bob
Well...except of course when he does support them. And is in turn, supported by them. Seen this article:
Trump's Long History of Racism
The racists and Nazis and white supremacists of all stripes who carried that flag were heartened by Trump's failure to denounce them or their ideology in the immediate aftermath of the violence in Charlottesville and the murder of Heather Heyer. And his tepid, reluctant, TelePrompTer-fed denunciation of racism days later appears to have done little to discourage their belief that he supports them in the deepest, darkest, most wizened recesses of his heart.

Though it's technically true that no one but Donald Trump knows what's in Donald Trump's heart, he's given us some pretty good clues. He likely thinks swastika-toting Nazis and hood-wearing KKK members are bad guys – those are the easy targets everyone knows we're supposed to denounce – but the entitled, clean-cut, polo-wearing, torch-bearing racists chanting about how they won't be replaced? Those are the people who put him into office. They're his people. And they know he's their leader because they know Donald Trump is, like they are, racist.

Oh, they wouldn't put it that way. They think the real racism is the affirmative action that gives people of color a chance in a world that hands people who look like me privilege from birth. They believe the real racists are the ones who declare black lives matter. ("What, ours don't?") But like the president they cheer, they're racist as hell.

You don't even have to look into Trump's heart to see his racism. You only have to look at all the things he's done and said over the years – from the early Seventies, when he settled with the Justice Department over accusations of housing discrimination, to Monday, when just hours after his speech news broke he is considering pardoning anti-immigrant sheriff Joe Arpaio.

Arpaio was also Trump's partner in crime in pushing the birther conspiracy that promulgated the ugly lie our first black president was born in Kenya. We've conveniently forgotten (if not forgiven) how Trump spent years – years! – pushing a conspiracy based on nothing more than the assumption that a black man with a funny name couldn't possibly be a genuine American, not like we are.

Trump also has a weird obsession with the superiority of his own genes in the face of all evidence to the contrary. That may explain why racism so often seems like his default setting, like the time he took out a full-page ad demanding the execution of five kids of color accused of raping a jogger in Central Park. Even in 2016, years after they were proven innocent, Trump stood by his actions.

Last year was when Trump put his racism on full display for the country to see. From launching his campaign by calling Mexicans rapists, to going to war with the parents of a Muslim soldier killed in battle, to encouraging violence against minority protesters at his rally, to promising to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it, he built a presidential campaign on racial resentment and fear. Those were deliberate choices he made. His campaign stoked white entitlement and outrage at every turn, sending out dog whistles and sometimes glaring billboards that this was the campaign for angry white people.
tulc(is just curious) :wave:

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, on many occasions.
When forced too, and he tends to walk back his (tepid) "condemnation" of them within a short time.

Some just wish to slander.
and some wish gloss over I guess people will have to decide which is which in this thread. :sorry:

Might get hot later.
M-Bob
I suspect there are a LOT of parts of the US that would appreciate that happening about now. :bbrr:
tulc(big fan of cold weather, but Mrs.tulc and his kids wouldn't be of that mind set) :sigh:

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
When forced too, and he tends to walk back his (tepid) "condemnation" of them within a short time.

What was tepid about "I condemn violence on all sides?"

Obama never even got that far. He only condemned police
violence, never criminal violence. He couldn't even say the
word terrorist unless it was about right wingers.

Upvote 0