Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I think usage of "World Opinion" in this case is outside of USA. Try reading article linked to by original poster. It is about opinion in countries outside of USA.

Again, who cares about world opinion? The world is
full of idiots and losers. That is why most want to be
here instead of some country that's going broke and
paying 50% taxes.

• Agree
Reactions: Liza B.
Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
paying 50% taxes.
That is strange comment coming from Trump supporter. They often talk about how Obama made USA weak by always apologizing, but Trump was making USA respected around world.

Good to see honest Trump supporter who admits Trump is making USA laughing stock around the world.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So this graph was compiled from the results of a survey . How nice. Pop Science at its finest. I'm not sure what conclusions one can draw about the amount of respect foreign governments might have for the US from this survey whose purpose is to gauge the opinion of the average person that is willing to participate in a survey. I hope your point is not that the priority of US foreign policy should be to get people in other countries to have a good opinion of the President of the US. I'm sure the people of mainland Europe had a high opinion of Neville Chamberlain. They also were probably of the opinion that Winston Churchill was a war monger and not to be trusted.
...one of the questions you asked I tried to answer. That was my point. But it was fun watching you shifting the goal posts around. :oldthumbsup:
tulc(does enjoy watching that sort of thing) :)

Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
How much respect do you think we've garnered when age-old allies like Germany are talking about how the US is no longer a reliable ally and no longer will they tie their interests to ours, how Britain is openly debating about yanking the welcome mat from Trump and making him persona non grata, when traditional allies like Canada are making similar statements about no longer finding the US a reliable partner, etc?

In the light of those types of things, how exactly are you defining "respect"? Are you suggesting that they fear us instead? Is that really what you're going for - and think is to our advantage? Having nothing but adverserial relationships with everyone in the world? lol

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Of course a black president made a "deep hole".

Didn't matter what color he was but, he put us in a deep hole and it will take a while to climb out.

Thank goodness the apology tour is far behind us and now we have a President that stands up for America.

M-Bob

• Agree
Reactions: Liza B.
Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Didn't matter what color he was but, he put us in a deep hole and it will take a while to climb out.

Thank goodness the apology tour is far behind us and now we have a President that stands up for America.

M-Bob

lol - let me ask you. What’s the functional difference between Obama saying that we’ve done some dicey stuff in the past, and Trump (when asked about Putin killing journalists/etc) saying “like we’re so innocent”?

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
trump-allies-cartoon-morin.jpg

paying 50% taxes.
There was a time when America's friends knew where they stood and were prepared to present a unified front!

In less than a year, "The Donald," the self-anointed master of the art of the deal, has squandered a sense of trust that took decades to foster - without receiving any tangible benefits in return!

Once America dismisses its allies as "idiots and losers," that bond is broken and the US shouldn't hold its breathe that they'll have her back when she needs them the most!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Fact

We will lose some friends while Making America Great Again.

Friends like that might not be (true) friends.

Mexico for example.
They have been and care less about sucking us dry. To heck with that!

M-Bob

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Once America dismisses its allies as "idiots and losers," that bond is broken and the US shouldn't hold its breathe that they'll have her back when she needs them the most!

Now you're bringing up something different. World opinion vs allies.

Did you care as about it much when Obama insulted our allies and
bowed to our enemy leaders? How about when he sided with our
enemies in the UN against Israel? When he sold 20% of our uranium
to Russia?
d22a3345c8294a30c10f16f96a06f017.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

to Russia? (snip)
...or that he was born in a foreign country and faked all that proof of him being born in Hawaii and don't get us started on how little he did during the Vietnam war (which President Trump fought single handed while he was suffering from those crippling bone spurs!) :sigh:
tulc(and where was President Obama while the bombs fell on Pearl Harbor or the attak on Fort Sumpter?) :mad:

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Fact

We will lose some friends while Making America Great Again.

Friends like that might not be (true) friends.

Mexico for example.
They have been and care less about sucking us dry. To heck with that!

M-Bob
If you think making USA laughing stock, and Americans laughing stock around the world is Making America Great Again then you are correct.

Trump has plunged America into an ethics crisis and made country a laughing stock

European diplomats: Trump is a 'laughing stock'

Departing Ethics Chief: U.S. Is 'Close to a Laughingstock'

'People Here Think Trump Is a Laughingstock'

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
paying 50% taxes.
Actually it appears it is USA that is going broke. You will likely shortly add 1.5 trillion USD to debt for no reason. Economy is doing very well, but suddenly huge tax breaks for corporations and richest Americans is needed?

Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Increasingly it appears the world is pretty much being divided into two camps. There's the American GOP who become increasingly angry, spiteful and reactionary desiring little more than to blindly and stupidly give everyone the finger who doesn't agree with them...and then there's everyone else.

I wonder what world people live in where they think that Britain, Canada and all of our traditional allies don't actually have our best interests at heart. The only thing I figure is that it's because those countries don't care for Trump (for good reason - the guy's a buffoon) - and they're so wrapped up in partisanship that the American GOP can't tolerate that.

Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

to Russia?
d22a3345c8294a30c10f16f96a06f017.jpg

A couple of food for thought things...lol

Maybe Israel isn't always right - and engages in some douchey behavior quite a bit of the time?

And - tell me what you actually *know* about the Uranium deal? I mean - I always see that brought up by people that seemingly know very little about it. Like, where is the Uranium? lol

Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

In case you’re interested in the actual boring facts of the uranium deal. But I doubt you are - because a mining company being sold to a Russian company with unanimous approval, producing uranium for private US consumption isn’t quite as sexy for partisan furor as wild vague statements like “sold 20% of our uranium to the Russians!”

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Watch out for Fake News.

Just curious if I may ask which country do you live in?

M-Bob

Last edited:
Upvote 0