Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It'll blow over, as always. No one has the energy or resources to make the changes talked about.

But there is a humorous irony here (you have to laugh). Picture many (tens of thousands perhaps) of those same protestors toking themselves into a bleary eyed stupor, while gazing at their navels, in denial that their illegal pleasure is responsible for the annual deaths of tens of thousands of equally 'valuable' lives involved, many out of necessity, in the drug trade. Never mind those that are killed by those drugs, obtained with the direct support of those mentioned.

If "everything is connected" their connection to those deaths is far stronger than their connection to the death of George Floyd.

Who is marching for those poor souls?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I don't see the world on fire. I am not right lol.. but I don't see as time yet...reading the word.. seems more things have to happen.. its Gods timing not mine. I look up.. ready now.. praying for all..

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟987,884.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
I am sensing a common ground. I think the average Joe has had enough.

A world on fire: Here are all the major protests happening around the globe right now

What do you think?

Go back to any decade and I'm sure you could build a similar list of protests in various places. This article is what's know as a 'beatup' - an attempt to build a case out of little or nothing. Without minimising the seriousness of any of the current protests, the article's authors have made no attempt to show that today's battery of protests are more or less frequent, or more or less serious, than they were in the past. Since you're in the US, the current protests will be more immediate for you than it is for those of us in the rest of the world.

As for similarities. Most protests are about civil issues related to government action or inaction. Since the range of likely protest topics is limited, broad commonality of themes across protests is inevitable.

Unfortunately 'maintaining the rage' can be exhausting and, inevitably, in time, enthusiasm will dribble away. We can only hope that change is achieved while the protest is still white hot. Once a cause has cooled, the motivation for those in power to implement real change also dissipates.

OB

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟987,884.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist