Visit site
✟290,794.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The Lord will arise as He did in ancient times.1 He sits on high and passes sentence upon the nations.2 He will stand up and judge the world 3 and all the wicked will perish.4

The Lord has ready sealed up in His storehouse His punishment to use against His enemies.5 On that Day, the sun will shine with seven times its normal strength and the moon will shine with the brightness of the sun.6 Then the sun will turn to darkness and the moon to blood, before the great and terrible Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath.7

News of this coming disaster reaches us, our arms are powerless and agony grips us like a woman in labour. Outside is terror, for in an instant the Destroyer is upon us.8 People are limp with fright and they wet their pants in fear.9

Nations are ready to attack, but no one goes to war, as their preparations have triggered the wrath of the Lord.10 The enemy has prepared his weapons, but it is upon himself that his deadly shafts tipped with fire will recoil.11 As the fire consumes the stubble and flames burn up the chaff, they will disappear like fine dust.12 The horde of your enemies will crumble into powder. Suddenly, in an instant, punishment will come from the Lord with thunder, earthquakes and flames of devouring fire 13 and the sky will disperse like smoke with a great rushing sound. 14

The Day comes, burning like a furnace, all evildoers will be as stubble, that Day sets them ablaze.15 The Lord comes in fire, like a whirlwind bringing retribution in His furious anger of flaming fire. He will judge all mankind and many will be slain by Him.16 Furiously the Lord traverses the earth, in His anger He tramples down the nations.17 Evil people will die, they will be incinerated and go up in smoke.18 The Lord will destroy humans and animals, dire distress will come upon the sinful peoples, their blood and guts will spill out on the ground.19 Corpses will fall and lie like swaths behind the reaper,20 those who the Lord kills on that Day will lie scattered from one end of the world to the other. They will be as dung upon the earth.21 Ref. REB. Some verses abridged.

1/ Isaiah 28:21-22 The Lord will take action, as ‘in the days of Noah’. Isaiah 2:20-21, Rev 6:12-17

2/ Psalms 7:6-8 This is not the Return, this time the Lord won’t be seen by the world. Romans 1:18

3/ Zephaniah 3:8 He instigates His judgement and punishment. Isaiah 64:1-2, 2 Peter 3:7

4/ Hebrews 10:27 The peoples attacking Israel will die. Nahum 1:2-3, Psalm 83:1-18

5/ Deuteronomy 32:22 & 34-35 The way He will do this; is ready. Isaiah 28:2, Isaiah 54:16

6/ Isaiah 30:26 It will be a CME sunstrike. Initially the sun will emit a powerful flash and the moon will flare up from the chemical reaction of the hydrogen plasma hitting it. Habakkuk 3:3-4

7/ Joel 2:31 The moon will burn brightly red, and the sun will be obscured by the approaching mass of superheated hydrogen plasma. Acts 2:19-20, Revelation 6:12

8/ Jeremiah 6:24-26 This happens during the 24 hour period between the initial flash and the mass striking the Middle East region at mid-day. Zeph. 2:4, Ezekiel 30:1-5, Joel 2:1-3

9/ Ezekiel 7:17 All know what is coming and panic sets in. Ezekiel 21:5-7, Jeremiah 30:6-7

10/ Ezekiel 7:14 There will be no rocket attack or WW3. Psalms 69:24-25, Isaiah 13:6

11/ Psalms 7:14-16 The enemies’ weapons explode before launching. Obadiah 1:15, Psalm 37:14-15

12/ Isaiah 5:24 The fire of the CME will consume His enemies. Zephaniah 3:8, Isaiah 66:15-17

13/ Isaiah 29:5-6 A sudden and unexpected event. 1 Thess. 5:1-3, Isaiah 29:14

14/ 2 Peter 3:10 The earth’s atmosphere is pushed aside. Revelation 6:14, Isaiah 34:4

15/ Malachi 4:1 Extreme heat and enveloping fire. Isaiah 9:19, Jeremiah 7:20

16/ Isaiah 66:15-16 All the world will be affected by this judgement by fire. Hosea 8:14,Luke 3:17

17/ Habakkuk 3:12 The Judgement of the nations, not individuals. Isaiah 33:12, Jeremiah 46:16

18/ Isaiah 9:18-19 Evil peoples are burned to death. Psalms 79:5-6, Psalms 37:20, Hebrews 10:27

19/ Zephaniah 1:14-17 The Middle East virtually cleared of every living thing. Isa. 51:6, Hosea 4:3

20 & 21/ Jeremiah 9:22, Jeremiah 25:30-33 Worldwide devastation and deaths. Amos 8:2-3, Isaiah 63:1-6, Revelation 14:18

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Berean Tim

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,794.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

I believe that the very existence of the State of Israel today, surely places us in the Latter Days. Therefore, correct understanding of the end times should be the aim of every Christian believer. We need to not be taken unawares of coming world changing events. Those Christians who believe in a ‘rapture to heaven’, may find themselves unprepared to face severe Tribulation. The Lord has called us to be His co-workers, so we must know what lies before us, to work diligently toward the furtherance of His Kingdom. Remember that Jesus rebuked the people of His day, for not being able or willing to discern the signs of the prophetic times in which they lived.

Since 1948, we have seen an amazing restoration of the Jewish people into a portion of the Land:
Joel 3:1 When the time comes, I will reverse the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem.

God says; in that time period, certain things will occur. The next prophesied event will be an attack on the Jewish State of Israel by the Islamic peoples, with the tacit support of many other nations. The Lord’s judgement on them will result in the destruction and depopulation of most of the Middle East. Jeremiah 12:14, Psalms 83:1-18, Ezekiel 30:1-5, Micah 4:11-12, Zephaniah 1:14-18

Joel 3:2-3 I shall gather the nations into the valley of Jehoshaphat [the Lord Judges] I will judge them on behalf of My people, whom they scattered among the nations.
This event is not at the Return of Jesus, as it is described in Rev. 19:11-21 and Zechariah 14:3-4

Joel 3:4-8 What are you to Me, Israel’s neighbours? Do you want vengeance? I will make your actions recoil onto your own heads. Psalms 7:12-16, Habakkuk 3:4
You have harmed Judah and stolen their treasures. I will rouse them and bring them home; your own people will be enslaved.

Joel 3:9-17 Proclaim war among the nations! Prepare your weapons, let the weakest say they are strong. The nations all around will hear the call and gather for judgement. The harvest is ripe- wield the knife, tread the grapes. [Rev. 14:17-20] The Day of the Lords vengeance is at hand, in the place of Decision. But the Lord is a refuge for His people, a defense for Israel. By this you will know that I am the Lord your God.
Jerusalem will be a holy city.

Joel 3:18-21 When that day comes, there will be food and water in plenty in the Land. Egypt and Edom will become desolate wastes because of the violence they did to Judah, but the Land of Israel will be inhabited forever. I shall avenge their blood and the Lord will dwell in Zion.

For the universal Church of Jesus Christ and all peoples, it is time to realize that we are now at the edge of cataclysmic events. The obvious determination and preparedness of Israel’s enemies is so great, that there is no defense adequate to cope with their attack. It will require divine intervention to avoid the devastation of a worldwide nuclear exchange. The Lord’s terrible Day of wrath by fire, earthquakes, storms and tsunamis will be triggered by this attack and will result in the virtual depopulation of all the holy land. Ezekiel 30:1-5, Zephaniah 2:8-9, Obadiah 1-21

This event will be the fulfilment of Isaiah 30:25-30, Isaiah 63:1-6, Revelation 6:12-17, Isaiah 66:15-16, Zephaniah 1:14-18 & 3:8, 2 Peter 3:7, +

The assurances given concerning the protection of the faithful Christians, if not kept, would render His Word unreliable, and His character flawed. God’s promises never fail, He will protect His people during His Day of vengeance and wrath against His enemies. Isaiah 43:2, Isaiah 41:13, Psalms 91

It should be clear to anyone that a secular State of Israel is not God’s highest ambition for His people. Currently the Jews only occupy a small portion of Greater Israel and are beset by problems, water shortages, religious schisms and are threatened on all sides. Many, many prophecies predict a remarkable future greatness for ALL the tribes of Israel. Most Bible scholars relegate these predictions to the Millennium, as they cannot see any earlier fulfilment. They have often been influenced by the well entrenched “rapture to heaven” view and a belief that wrongly thinks the Israel of God is separate from the Church of born again believers.

But when thought is given to what so clearly must happen before Jesus Returns, then wonderful is the prospect of a righteous nation, living in peace and security in the Promised Land – after the whole area is cleared and cleansed by this great Day of the Lord’s vengeance. Deuteronomy 32:34-35, Isaiah 62:1-5, Romans 9:24-26

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

I believe that the very existence of the State of Israel today, surely places us in the Latter Days. Therefore, correct understanding of the end times should be the aim of every Christian believer. We need to not be taken unawares of coming world changing events. Those Christians who believe in a ‘rapture to heaven’, may find themselves unprepared to face severe Tribulation. The Lord has called us to be His co-workers, so we must know what lies before us, to work diligently toward the furtherance of His Kingdom. Remember that Jesus rebuked the people of His day, for not being able or willing to discern the signs of the prophetic times in which they lived.

Since 1948, we have seen an amazing restoration of the Jewish people into a portion of the Land:
Joel 3:1 When the time comes, I will reverse the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem.

God says; in that time period, certain things will occur. The next prophesied event will be an attack on the Jewish State of Israel by the Islamic peoples, with the tacit support of many other nations. The Lord’s judgement on them will result in the destruction and depopulation of most of the Middle East. Jeremiah 12:14, Psalms 83:1-18, Ezekiel 30:1-5, Micah 4:11-12, Zephaniah 1:14-18

Joel 3:2-3 I shall gather the nations into the valley of Jehoshaphat [the Lord Judges] I will judge them on behalf of My people, whom they scattered among the nations.
This event is not at the Return of Jesus, as it is described in Rev. 19:11-21 and Zechariah 14:3-4

Joel 3:4-8 What are you to Me, Israel’s neighbours? Do you want vengeance? I will make your actions recoil onto your own heads. Psalms 7:12-16, Habakkuk 3:4
You have harmed Judah and stolen their treasures. I will rouse them and bring them home; your own people will be enslaved.

Joel 3:9-17 Proclaim war among the nations! Prepare your weapons, let the weakest say they are strong. The nations all around will hear the call and gather for judgement. The harvest is ripe- wield the knife, tread the grapes. [Rev. 14:17-20] The Day of the Lords vengeance is at hand, in the place of Decision. But the Lord is a refuge for His people, a defense for Israel. By this you will know that I am the Lord your God.
Jerusalem will be a holy city.

Joel 3:18-21 When that day comes, there will be food and water in plenty in the Land. Egypt and Edom will become desolate wastes because of the violence they did to Judah, but the Land of Israel will be inhabited forever. I shall avenge their blood and the Lord will dwell in Zion.

For the universal Church of Jesus Christ and all peoples, it is time to realize that we are now at the edge of cataclysmic events. The obvious determination and preparedness of Israel’s enemies is so great, that there is no defense adequate to cope with their attack. It will require divine intervention to avoid the devastation of a worldwide nuclear exchange. The Lord’s terrible Day of wrath by fire, earthquakes, storms and tsunamis will be triggered by this attack and will result in the virtual depopulation of all the holy land. Ezekiel 30:1-5, Zephaniah 2:8-9, Obadiah 1-21

This event will be the fulfilment of Isaiah 30:25-30, Isaiah 63:1-6, Revelation 6:12-17, Isaiah 66:15-16, Zephaniah 1:14-18 & 3:8, 2 Peter 3:7, +

The assurances given concerning the protection of the faithful Christians, if not kept, would render His Word unreliable, and His character flawed. God’s promises never fail, He will protect His people during His Day of vengeance and wrath against His enemies. Isaiah 43:2, Isaiah 41:13, Psalms 91

It should be clear to anyone that a secular State of Israel is not God’s highest ambition for His people. Currently the Jews only occupy a small portion of Greater Israel and are beset by problems, water shortages, religious schisms and are threatened on all sides. Many, many prophecies predict a remarkable future greatness for ALL the tribes of Israel. Most Bible scholars relegate these predictions to the Millennium, as they cannot see any earlier fulfilment. They have often been influenced by the well entrenched “rapture to heaven” view and a belief that wrongly thinks the Israel of God is separate from the Church of born again believers.

But when thought is given to what so clearly must happen before Jesus Returns, then wonderful is the prospect of a righteous nation, living in peace and security in the Promised Land – after the whole area is cleared and cleansed by this great Day of the Lord’s vengeance. Deuteronomy 32:34-35, Isaiah 62:1-5, Romans 9:24-26
The gathering of the Jews from the nations back to the land of Israel, to reform the state of Israel has already happened. There is not going to be a judgment from God to destroy the Jewish people and bring the church into middle east as a replacement.

Ezekiel 38-39 encompasses the entire 1948 - Jesus's return.

Jews brought back to reform the state of Israel - 1948
then Gog/Magog (near future)
followed by the 7 years
ending with Jesus's return.

Keras, you are claiming that the church replaces the Jews currently in Israel. So who is going to build the temple which the Antichrist goes into and sits? And which the abomination of desolation is placed.... in the middle of the 7 years?

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,794.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
There is not going to be a judgment from God to destroy the Jewish people
But it is prophesied many times that Judah will be Judged and punished:

Over the 20 centuries since the time of Jesus Christ’s first coming to earth, the Jewish people have suffered terrible persecutions, pogroms and discrimination.

This fulfils several prophecies – that the Jews will be a curse and a derision in the world.
Jeremiah 17:1-4 The sins of Judah is recorded on their hearts, the fire of My anger will burn forever.

Ezekiel 21:2-7 Son of man, set your face toward Jerusalem and prophesy against the Land of Israel. I shall draw My sword to cut off everyone from South to North.
I will make away with both the righteous and wicked, My sword will be drawn against everyone from the Negev northward. All courage will fail – it will surely take place.

Ezekiel 21:10-14 A sword is sharpened for the slaughter, polished to flash like lightning.
Should we rejoice in the scepter of Judah? No, the sword condemns the Rod of My Son. Cry and wail for it falls on My people – all your rulers will be killed.
Testing will surely come – what if the scepter of Judah, which the sword despises, does not continue? Swing the sword three times, the great sword of slaughter.

Verse 14 is highly significant, as it may foretell three judgements of the Jewish people.

1/ The Babylonian conquest in 585BC.

2/ The revolt against the Romans, Maccabees to AD 70, when millions were killed.

3/ The final gathering and judgement of the Jewish people in the Land.

At the trial of Jesus, the Jews said in; Matthew 27:25 His blood be on us and our children. In the parable of the Landowner and the Tenants, Luke 19:14 ..his subjects hated him and said “We don’t want this man to be our King

Luke 19:27 As for those enemies of Mine that did not want Me for a King, bring them here ( into the Land ) and slaughter them in My presence.

Matthew 21:38-43 The parable of the vineyard - The wicked tenants said; This is the Heir, come – let us kill him and get the inheritance. The King will bring those criminals to justice and destroy them. He will then rent the vineyard to righteous tenants.
Therefore the Kingdom of God will be taken away from you [Jews ] and given to a people who will bear the proper fruit.

Ezekiel 16:35-62 The Lord is saying how He rescued and tended Judah, but her depraved conduct surpassed even that of her sisters, Samaria ( Israel ) and Sodom :
Therefore, you prostitute, because of your brazen excesses, I shall assemble all those around you - whom you loved. I shall bring you to trial for adultery and murder.

When I hand you over to them, they will strip you naked. They will punish you with stones and swords, burn down your houses and execute judgement in the sight of many women. You surpassed the sins of your sisters, Samaria and Sodom.
Eventual restoration in your shame and humiliation.

Jeremiah 8:3 The Lord says to the leaders of Judah; You will be as dung spread over the ground. This wicked race would rather die than live.

Jeremiah 18:1-10 The Potter and the clay.
V6 House of Israel, I will remould you as a potter would a spoilt pot.

Israel, the Northern 10 tribes, are to be ‘remoulded’. Ezekiel 36:25-28

Jeremiah 19:3 Proclaim to the leaders and citizens of Judah.
V11 I shall smash this people as an earthen vessel is smashed beyond repair. There will be no room left to bury them.

Judah, judged and punished, in this next prophesied event. Isaiah 22:1-14

Psalms 69:35 for God will save Zion and rebuild the cities of Judah.

This has happened now, with the Jews doing amazing construction and agricultural achievements since 1948.

But, then...
Psalms 69:36 The children of those who serve Him will inherit the Land and those who love His name will live there.

In the land of Israel today, 42% of the Jewish population are secular ( atheist ) 25% believe in God, but do not actively worship Him and 12% practice Judasim, 8% are the extreme ultra orthodox Haredi Jews. In all the amazing things that have happened to the Jews since 1948 – their resettlement, restored language and wars won, they still do not acknowledge Gods hand in their affairs.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,794.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Keras, you are claiming that the church replaces the Jews currently in Israel. So who is going to build the temple which the Antichrist goes into and sits? And which the abomination of desolation is placed.... in the middle of the 7 years?
Who will replace the Jewish State of Israel and the evil neighbors, Jeremiah 12:14, in all of the holy Land; is every faithful Christian person, from every tribe of Israel and every race, nation and language. John sees them there in Revelation 9:7.
THEY will rebuild the Temple, Zechariah 6:15, to the specifications described in Ezekiel 40-46.
At the mid point of the final 7 years before Jesus Returns, the Anti-Christ leader of the One World Govt will conquer them. Zechariah 14:1-2, Daniel 7:25 & Revelation 13:7
Half of the Christians, those who refused any dealings with the AC; will be taken to a place of safety on earth for that period of Great Tribulation. Revelation 12:14 The rest must remain in the holy land. Revelation 12:17

This is the scenario as given to us by God thru His prophets. Any other belief of the destiny of us Christians, is false and cannot happen.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The gathering of the Jews from the nations back to the land of Israel, to reform the state of Israel has already happened. There is not going to be a judgment from God to destroy the Jewish people and bring the church into middle east as a replacement.
Ezekiel 38-39 encompasses the entire 1948 - Jesus's return.
Jews brought back to reform the state of Israel - 1948 then Gog/Magog (near future) followed by the 7 years ending with Jesus's return.

Incorrect.
Armageddon happens before Gog Magog and 1000yr period.

2 Peter 3:12 Toward expecting and hastening the Parousia of the Day of God, thru which heavens being fired shall be being dissolved and elements burning being melted..

Reve 16:
For they are spirits of demons doing signs which is going out upon the kings of whole the homed-one, to be together-assembling them into the Battle of the great Day of the God the Almighty.
16 And he together-assembles <4863> them into the Place, the being called to Hebrew Armageddwn
===================================
Armageddon - Wikipedia

The word Armageddon appears only once in the Greek New Testament, in Revelation 16:16. The word is transliterated to Greek from Hebrew har məgiddô (הר מגידו‎), har (Strong H2022) meaning "a mountain or range of hills (sometimes used figuratively): - hill (country), mount (-ain), X promotion." This is a shortened form of Harar (Strong H2042) "to loom up; a mountain; -hill, mount". Megiddo (Strong מְגִדּוֹן H4023) /meg-id-do'/ "Megiddon or Megiddo, a place of crowds.")[6] The name refers to a fortification made by King Ahab (869–850 BC) that dominated the Plain of Jezreel.[7]

Christianity
Megiddo is mentioned twelve times in the Old Testament, ten times in reference to the ancient city of Megiddo, and twice with reference to "the plain of Megiddo", most probably simply meaning "the plain next to the city".[8] None of these Old Testament passages describes the city of Megiddo as being associated with any particular prophetic beliefs. The one New Testament reference to the city of Armageddon found in Revelation 16:16 also makes no specific mention of any armies being predicted to one day gather in this city, but instead seems to predict only that "they (will gather) the kings together to .... Armageddon".[9] The text does however seem to imply, based on the text from the earlier passage of Revelation 16:14, that the purpose of this gathering of kings in the "place called Armageddon" is "for the war of the great day of God, the Almighty". Because of the seemingly highly symbolic and even cryptic language of this one New Testament passage, some Christian scholars conclude that Mount Armageddon must be an idealized location.[10] R. J. Rushdoony says, "There are no mountains of Megiddo, only the Plains of Megiddo. This is a deliberate destruction of the vision of any literal reference to the place."[11] Other scholars, including C. C. Torrey, Kline and Jordan argue that the word is derived from the Hebrew moed (מועד‎), meaning "assembly". Thus, "Armageddon" would mean "Mountain of Assembly," which Jordan says is "a reference to the assembly at Mount Sinai, and to its replacement, Mount Zion."[10]
==================================
Dispensationalism
See also: Dispensationalism
In his discussion of Armageddon, J. Dwight Pentecost has devoted a chapter to the subject, titled "The Campaign of Armageddon", in which he discusses Armageddon as a campaign and not a specific battle, which will be fought in the Middle East. Pentecost writes:

It has been held commonly that the battle of Armageddon is an isolated event transpiring just prior to the second advent of Christ to the earth. The extent of this great movement in which God deals with "the kings of the earth and of the whole world" (Rev. 16:14) will not be seen unless it is realized that the "battle of that great day of God Almighty" (Rev. 16:14)[13] is not an isolated battle, but rather a campaign that extends over the last half of the tribulation period. The Greek word "polemo", translated "battle" in Revelation 16:14, signifies a war or campaign, while "machē" signifies a battle, and sometimes even single combat. This distinction is observed by Trench, (see Richard C. Trench, New Testament Synonyms, pp.301-2) and is followed by Thayer (see Joseph Henry Thayer, Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament, p. 528) and Vincent (see Marvin R. Vincent, Word Studies in the New Testament, II, 541). The use of the word polemos (campaign) in Revelation 16:14 would signify that the events that culminate in the gathering at Armageddon at the second advent are viewed by God as one connected campaign.

— Pentecost, p. 340
Pentecost then discusses the location of this campaign, and mentions the "hill of Megiddo" and other geographic locations such as "the valley of Jehoshaphat"[14] and "the valley of the passengers",[15] "Lord coming from Edom or Idumea, south of Jerusalem, when He returns from the judgment"; and Jerusalem itself..........................................

https://www.preteristarchive.com/dEmEnTiA/1987_brownfeld_fundamentalists-ache.html

By no means is this a criticism against all fundamentalist Christians. However, it’s time to bring out into the open one of the largest political supports for Israeli radicals and debate how some religious leaders, particularly the Reverends Falwell and Robertson, push support for the most militant, settler lobbyists in Israel and against the Israeli peace groups such as led by the murdered Yitzak Rabin. Many fundamentalist leaders have crossed the line from forecasting Armageddon to trying to bring it about. Their alliance with the Zionist radicals is very two sided, each thinks it is using the other for its greater benefit.

For most of the Religious Right, foreign affairs just don’t loom as major considerations, so the good will of many well meaning Americans is used to support the most fanatic Zionists in Israel and policies of bombing and starvation in Iraq. That’s why conservatives have let their foreign policy by taken over by the Beltway crowd that sees world empire as just another "big government" program for prestige, power and turf building.......................

The strain of fundamentalism known as "dispensationalism," Halsell writes, argues that the world will soon be destroyed: "God knows it will happen. He knew it from the beginning. But, God kept His plan secret from all the billions of people who lived before us. But now … He has revealed the plan … we must move through seven time periods, or dispensations – one of which includes the terrible battle of Armageddon, where new and totally destructive nuclear weapons will be unleashed and blood will flow like mighty rivers … ."

========================
Seventh-day Adventist

The teachings of the Seventh-day Adventist Church state that the terms "Armageddon", "Day of the Lord" and "The Second Coming of Christ" all describe the same event.[43] Seventh-day Adventists further teach that the current religious movements taking place in the world are setting the stage for Armageddon, and they are concerned by an anticipated unity between spiritualism, American Protestantism and Roman Catholicism. A further significant difference in Seventh-day Adventist theology is the teaching that the events of Armageddon will leave the earth desolate for the duration of the millennium.[44] They teach that the righteous will be taken to heaven while the rest of humanity will be destroyed, leaving Satan with no one to tempt and effectively "bound."[45] The final re-creation of a "new heaven and a new earth."[46] then follows the millennium............
===============================
Jehovah's Witnesses
Jehovah's Witnesses believe that Armageddon is the means by which God will fulfill his purpose for the Earth to be populated with happy healthy humans free of sin and death.[33] They teach that the armies of heaven will eradicate all who oppose the Kingdom of God, wiping out all wicked humans on Earth, leaving only righteous mankind.[34]

They believe that the gathering of all the nations of the earth refers to the uniting of the world's political powers, as a gradual process beginning in 1914 and seen later in manifestations such as the League of Nations and the United Nations following the First and Second World Wars.[35] These political powers are said to be influenced by Satan and his demons in opposition to God's kingdom.[33] Babylon the Great is interpreted as the world empire of false religion, and that it will be destroyed by the beast just prior to Armageddon.[36][37] Witnesses believe that after all other religions have been destroyed, the governments will turn to persecute them, and that God will then intervene, precipitating Armageddon.......................
==============================
Bahá'í Faith
See also: Battle of Megiddo (1918)
From Bahá'í literature a number of interpretations of the expectations surrounding the Battle of Armageddon may be inferred, three of them being associated with events surrounding the World Wars.[48]

The first interpretation deals with a series of tablets written by Bahá'u'lláh, founder of the Bahá'í Faith, to be sent to various kings and rulers.[48] The second, and best-known one, relates to events near the end of World War I involving General Allenby and the Battle of Megiddo (1918) wherein World Powers are said to have drawn soldiers from many parts of the world to engage in battle at Megiddo. In winning this battle Allenby also prevented the Ottomans from killing 'Abdu'l-Baha, then head of the Baha'i Faith, whom they had intended to crucify.[49] A third interpretation reviews the overall progress of the World Wars, and the situation in the world before and after.[48]

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Incorrect.
Armageddon happens before Gog Magog and 1000yr period.
There is reference to Gog Magog at the end of the 1000 years in Revelation 20. But it is not the Gog Magog event of Ezekiel 38-39.

1948 - Jews return to the land of Israel, and Israel become a nation again.
1967 - the Jews control Jerusalem again, and is their capital. Parable of the fig tree, all prophecies completed before end of 2037.
Gog/Magog - soon, within 11 years. Likely a lot sooner.
Then the seven years.
Then Armageddon in Ezekiel 39:17-20 corresponding to Revelation 19:17-18.
Jesus, having returned, himself is speaking in Ezekiel 39:21-29.

Then the thousand years.
At the end, same Gog Magog nations are involved in the last rebellion lead by Satan.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Who will replace the Jewish State of Israel and the evil neighbors, Jeremiah 12:14, in all of the holy Land; is every faithful Christian person, from every tribe of Israel and every race, nation and language. John sees them there in Revelation 9:7.
THEY will rebuild the Temple, Zechariah 6:15, to the specifications described in Ezekiel 40-46.
At the mid point of the final 7 years before Jesus Returns, the Anti-Christ leader of the One World Govt will conquer them. Zechariah 14:1-2, Daniel 7:25 & Revelation 13:7
Half of the Christians, those who refused any dealings with the AC; will be taken to a place of safety on earth for that period of Great Tribulation. Revelation 12:14 The rest must remain in the holy land. Revelation 12:17

This is the scenario as given to us by God thru His prophets. Any other belief of the destiny of us Christians, is false and cannot happen.
Christians aren't going to rebuild the temple which the Antichrist will stop the reinstituted animal sacrifices.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath
✟1,002,593.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The Lord will arise as He did in ancient times.1 He sits on high and passes sentence upon the nations.2 He will stand up and judge the world 3 and all the wicked will perish.4

The Lord has ready sealed up in His storehouse His punishment to use against His enemies.5 On that Day, the sun will shine with seven times its normal strength and the moon will shine with the brightness of the sun.6 Then the sun will turn to darkness and the moon to blood, before the great and terrible Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath.7

News of this coming disaster reaches us, our arms are powerless and agony grips us like a woman in labour. Outside is terror, for in an instant the Destroyer is upon us.8 People are limp with fright and they wet their pants in fear.9

Nations are ready to attack, but no one goes to war, as their preparations have triggered the wrath of the Lord.10 The enemy has prepared his weapons, but it is upon himself that his deadly shafts tipped with fire will recoil.11 As the fire consumes the stubble and flames burn up the chaff, they will disappear like fine dust.12 The horde of your enemies will crumble into powder. Suddenly, in an instant, punishment will come from the Lord with thunder, earthquakes and flames of devouring fire 13 and the sky will disperse like smoke with a great rushing sound. 14

The Day comes, burning like a furnace, all evildoers will be as stubble, that Day sets them ablaze.15 The Lord comes in fire, like a whirlwind bringing retribution in His furious anger of flaming fire. He will judge all mankind and many will be slain by Him.16 Furiously the Lord traverses the earth, in His anger He tramples down the nations.17 Evil people will die, they will be incinerated and go up in smoke.18 The Lord will destroy humans and animals, dire distress will come upon the sinful peoples, their blood and guts will spill out on the ground.19 Corpses will fall and lie like swaths behind the reaper,20 those who the Lord kills on that Day will lie scattered from one end of the world to the other. They will be as dung upon the earth.21 Ref. REB. Some verses abridged.

1/ Isaiah 28:21-22 The Lord will take action, as ‘in the days of Noah’. Isaiah 2:20-21, Rev 6:12-17

2/ Psalms 7:6-8 This is not the Return, this time the Lord won’t be seen by the world. Romans 1:18

3/ Zephaniah 3:8 He instigates His judgement and punishment. Isaiah 64:1-2, 2 Peter 3:7

4/ Hebrews 10:27 The peoples attacking Israel will die. Nahum 1:2-3, Psalm 83:1-18

5/ Deuteronomy 32:22 & 34-35 The way He will do this; is ready. Isaiah 28:2, Isaiah 54:16

6/ Isaiah 30:26 It will be a CME sunstrike. Initially the sun will emit a powerful flash and the moon will flare up from the chemical reaction of the hydrogen plasma hitting it. Habakkuk 3:3-4

7/ Joel 2:31 The moon will burn brightly red, and the sun will be obscured by the approaching mass of superheated hydrogen plasma. Acts 2:19-20, Revelation 6:12

8/ Jeremiah 6:24-26 This happens during the 24 hour period between the initial flash and the mass striking the Middle East region at mid-day. Zeph. 2:4, Ezekiel 30:1-5, Joel 2:1-3

9/ Ezekiel 7:17 All know what is coming and panic sets in. Ezekiel 21:5-7, Jeremiah 30:6-7

10/ Ezekiel 7:14 There will be no rocket attack or WW3. Psalms 69:24-25, Isaiah 13:6

11/ Psalms 7:14-16 The enemies’ weapons explode before launching. Obadiah 1:15, Psalm 37:14-15

12/ Isaiah 5:24 The fire of the CME will consume His enemies. Zephaniah 3:8, Isaiah 66:15-17

13/ Isaiah 29:5-6 A sudden and unexpected event. 1 Thess. 5:1-3, Isaiah 29:14

14/ 2 Peter 3:10 The earth’s atmosphere is pushed aside. Revelation 6:14, Isaiah 34:4

15/ Malachi 4:1 Extreme heat and enveloping fire. Isaiah 9:19, Jeremiah 7:20

16/ Isaiah 66:15-16 All the world will be affected by this judgement by fire. Hosea 8:14,Luke 3:17

17/ Habakkuk 3:12 The Judgement of the nations, not individuals. Isaiah 33:12, Jeremiah 46:16

18/ Isaiah 9:18-19 Evil peoples are burned to death. Psalms 79:5-6, Psalms 37:20, Hebrews 10:27

19/ Zephaniah 1:14-17 The Middle East virtually cleared of every living thing. Isa. 51:6, Hosea 4:3

20 & 21/ Jeremiah 9:22, Jeremiah 25:30-33 Worldwide devastation and deaths. Amos 8:2-3, Isaiah 63:1-6, Revelation 14:18

Pure fantasy

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Remember that Jesus rebuked the people of His day, for not being able or willing to discern the signs of the prophetic times in which they lived.

Guess not much has changed in 2000 years. Want to bet that 2000 years from now there are again people repeating this exact same message ?

• Winner
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,794.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Christians aren't going to rebuild the temple which the Antichrist will stop the reinstituted animal sacrifices.
Read Isaiah 56:6-8 ...foreigners who give their allegiance to Me....I will add to those already gathered. These are Christians.
Plus the people in the Land as described in Ezekiel 40-48

It is your false belief of a Jewish redemption that confuses you,
Pure fantasy
Sadly, some puppies just never learn and just saying you disagree, is totally useless.
Guess not much has changed in 2000 years. Want to bet that 2000 years from now there are again people repeating this exact same message
Yes, if was I betting man, I would take your life savings.
Because unless you take no notice of current news, you should know that the world situation cannot continue on as it is for much longer.
And when things do start to happen, money and possessions will not be of any use, Isaiah 2:20, Ezekiel 7:19

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Because unless you take no notice of current news, you should know that the world situation cannot continue on as it is for much longer.

Shocking. So barring the end of the world and you having a natural lifespan do you think there will come a time you admit even just to yourself that you were just delusional when none of this "prophecy" happens ?

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,794.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Shocking. So barring the end of the world and you having a natural lifespan do you think there will come a time you admit even just to yourself that you were just delusional when none of this "prophecy" happens ?
You are deluded if you think the world will just carry on as it is now, forever.
Bible prophecy, is God breathed. If you refute that, you may as well throw away your Bible and ignore all scripture.
We are told that Christians should not be in the dark about what God has planned for the end times. 1 Thess 5:4

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath
✟1,002,593.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You are deluded if you think the world will just carry on as it is now, forever.
Bible prophecy, is God breathed. If you refute that, you may as well throw away your Bible and ignore all scripture.
We are told that Christians should not be in the dark about what God has planned for the end times. 1 Thess 5:4

Interpretation my friend, interpretation.

Like i have said before, end times experts are two a penny. Each claiming to know the truth.

Humankind has been through much more traumatic times than we are in now. Put your trust and faith in God alone, knowing that He sent His only begotten son who was victorious.

Revelation etc is very much misunderstood and misinterpreted.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Guess not much has changed in 2000 years. Want to bet that 2000 years from now there are again people repeating this exact same message ?
Hi Jonathan,

I don't agree with a lot of Keras's specific interpretations, but we have major prophecy's already fulfilled in recent times which indicate we are close.

Israel a nation again in 1948. In the news every day.

Jerusalem back in the hands of the Jews, 1967, as their capital. That was a big one because Jerusalem is the fig tree in parable of the fig tree generation in Matthew 24 that will not pass away until Jesus returns to this earth.

That particular parable puts us within 18 years - max. And deducting 7 years for the beginning of the last week of Daniel 9, 11 years - max.

What to look for next is the EU changing it's structure to have ten leaders, with one leader over them. Which, imo, brexit wlll lead to in some manner.

Last edited:
Upvote 0