Angel Wings 1288

Feb 3, 2017
TX
✟29,884.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
1) The Iran hostage crisis resolution was a bit more complicated that you suggest.

2) Foreign leaders do not respect Trump.

3) Comparing Trump favorably to Reagan? Seriously?

You made three assertions, but you didn't bother to explain any of your ideas with arguments. Do you even know how to debate?

When Obama was president, the right and right wing media kept crowing about how awful Russia is (remember in 2012 - Obama suggested improving relations with Russia and got skewered by the right, Romney was applauded by the right for calling Russia "our greatest geopolitical foe").

What planet are you from? The media isn't right-wing. Every major news media except for Fox News is liberal. So why are you calling the American media right-wing? Are you so far to the left that you think even CNN is "moderate" or possibly right-wing?

Also, conservatives like myself don't think Russia is a geopolitical foe. I recognize that Vladimir Putin is conservative, so why would I think Russia is an enemy? I didn't vote for Mitt Romney because he's too liberal, so don't characterize conservatives like myself as the sort of people who applaud cuckservatives like Romney who castigate Russia and Putin.

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
You made three assertions, but you didn't bother to explain any of your ideas with arguments. Do you even know how to debate?

What planet are you from? The media isn't right-wing. Every major news media except for Fox News is liberal. So why are you calling the American media right-wing? Are you so far to the left that you think even CNN is "moderate" or possibly right-wing?

Also, conservatives like myself don't think Russia is a geopolitical foe. I recognize that Vladimir Putin is conservative, so why would I think Russia is an enemy? I didn't vote for Mitt Romney because he's too liberal, so don't characterize conservatives like myself as the sort of people who applaud cuckservatives like Romney who castigate Russia and Putin.

I didn't offer evidence because to anyone who has paid attention or researched, my three statements are self-evident.

And, I am not saying the media is right wing, I was referring to the right wing media (Fox, Breitbart, Drudge, Limbaugh, Levin, etc).

And, I am from Earth, same as you.

• Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

Angel Wings 1288

Feb 3, 2017
TX
✟29,884.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I didn't offer evidence because to anyone who has paid attention or researched, my three statements are self-evident.

Liberalism isn't the only view that exists. There are millions of conservatives in the US who would disagree with you. For this reason, it's necessary to explain your thesis instead of expecting conservatives to look up information on liberal news sites that confirms your biases.

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Liberalism isn't the only view that exists. There are millions of conservatives in the US who would disagree with you. For this reason, it's necessary to explain your thesis instead of expecting conservatives to look up information on liberal news sites that confirms your biases.

Fair enough - perhaps when I get time I'll find something for you.

In the meantime, I'll anxiously await your evidence that the Iran hostage crisis ended because of the appearance of Reagan's strength, that foreign leaders respect Trump, and that Trump is the second coming of Reagan. You know, since you didn't provide evidence supporting your claims.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,615.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I haven't seen any change in the GOP in their attitude about Russia.
They were screaming about Obama wanting to hold further talks with Russia about missile defense but half of them are defending Trump's love affair with Putin and his secret meetings.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,615.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Trump's secret meetings with Putin ????????????????????????

Watching Fake News will get one nowhere.

M-Bob
Yep, Trump in a meeting with Putin and no western media allowed. We have to believe Trump, Putin, or their right hand men as to what was discussed. Secret...

• Agree
Reactions: EpiscipalMe
Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married

Here you go, I googled a few few things for you:

On world leaders' views of Trump:
https://newrepublic.com/article/143109/trumps-staff-denial-world-leaders-arent
https://www.usnews.com/news/world/a...mp-europe-and-the-end-of-the-american-century
16 reactions from world leaders stunned by this election
World leaders react after Trump rejects Paris climate deal
The Trump handshake: how world leaders are fighting back | Jonathan Freedland
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-trump-world-poll-20170626-story,amp.html

On the Iran hostage crisis:
"Although Deputy Secretary of State Warren Christopher had completed negotiations under Algerian auspices to free the American hostages in Tehran, President Carter and Secretary of State Edmund S. Muskie, suffered to their last day in office."
An End to the Hostage Crisis - Short History - Department History - Office of the Historian

Trump is no Reagan:
Trump Is No Reagan

Still waiting for your evidence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sure the world leaders did not like us dropping out of the world climate agreement because we're the ones pumping all the money in as usual.

They know they have met their match with Trump thus respect is due.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Sure the world leaders did not like us dropping out of the world climate agreement because we're the ones pumping all the money in as usual.

They know they have met their match with Trump thus respect is due.

M-Bob

I'm trying to decide if you are trolling or if you really believe what you say.

Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Don't believe in trolling and I believe in what I say based on many years of experience working with politicians on a personal level such as Dianne Feinstein and Senior Duncan Hunter just to name a couple.

And I say it's best with Trump so as to drain the swamp as soon as possible.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Don't believe in trolling and I believe in what I say based on many years of experience working with politicians on a personal level such as Dianne Feinstein and Senior Duncan Hunter just to name a couple.

And I say it's best with Trump so as to drain the swamp as soon as possible.

M-Bob

I only ask because you analysis of the US financial commitment to the Paris accords is rather uninformed.

The US does contribute more to the Green Climate Fund than other countries, but it's also the wealthiest. Plenty of other countries contribute too.

https://www.greenclimate.fund/docum...dges.pdf/eef538d3-2987-4659-8c7c-5566ed6afd19

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
They were screaming about Obama wanting to hold further talks with Russia about missile defense but half of them are defending Trump's love affair with Putin and his secret meetings.
There haven't been any secret meetings with Putin. I'm a Republican, and I didn't see a problem with when Obama wanted to reset relations with Russia. And neither do I see a problem with President Trump wanting to reset relations with them. Defeating ISIS requires working with Russia.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Angel Wings 1288

Feb 3, 2017
TX
✟29,884.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Here you go, I googled a few few things for you:

On world leaders' views of Trump:
https://newrepublic.com/article/143109/trumps-staff-denial-world-leaders-arent
https://www.usnews.com/news/world/a...mp-europe-and-the-end-of-the-american-century
16 reactions from world leaders stunned by this election
World leaders react after Trump rejects Paris climate deal
The Trump handshake: how world leaders are fighting back | Jonathan Freedland
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-trump-world-poll-20170626-story,amp.html

On the Iran hostage crisis:
"Although Deputy Secretary of State Warren Christopher had completed negotiations under Algerian auspices to free the American hostages in Tehran, President Carter and Secretary of State Edmund S. Muskie, suffered to their last day in office."
An End to the Hostage Crisis - Short History - Department History - Office of the Historian

Trump is no Reagan:
Trump Is No Reagan

Still waiting for your evidence.

On leaders respecting Trump

The articles that you linked demonstrate that many foreign leaders don't like Trump. And guess what? I agree with you on that point. But not liking someone isn't the same as not respecting someone.

Donald Trump is the leader of the United States, a nation that comprises about half of the world's military spending. You can see the graph here: U.S. Defense Spending Compared to Other Countries

He's also conservative and hawkish. Do you remember his pro-military speeches where he repeatedly said that he wanted to "rebuild our military"? He made this promise so many times that it became cliché.

With these facts in mind, wouldn't you respect Trump as a leader even if you despised him? Consider Bashar al-Assad, the leader of Syria whose air force base was bombed by Trump. You know that Assad despises Trump for his actions, but no doubt he respects him, albeit grudgingly, because of the power and strength he projects.

On the Iran hostage crisis

I was born in 1988, so I wasn't even alive when this event happened. To be honest, I don't know the full details of the crisis, and I'll have to read more about it. I'll get back with you later when I finish reading more about the subject.

On comparisons of Reagan and Trump

Um, I didn't actually say that Trump is "the next Ronald Reagan" or anything like it. In my first post on this thread, I used Reagan's hawkishness as an example to make a point, not to say that he is Trump.

Ronald Reagan gave amnesty to millions of illegal aliens in 1986. But Donald Trump wants to build a wall along the US-Mexican border and deport millions of people. This reason alone is sufficient to argue that Reagan and Trump are different.

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
On leaders respecting Trump

The articles that you linked demonstrate that many foreign leaders don't like Trump. And guess what? I agree with you on that point. But not liking someone isn't the same as not respecting someone.

Donald Trump is the leader of the United States, a nation that comprises about half of the world's military spending. You can see the graph here: U.S. Defense Spending Compared to Other Countries

He's also conservative and hawkish. Do you remember his pro-military speeches where he repeatedly said that he wanted to "rebuild our military"? He made this promise so many times that it became cliché.

With these facts in mind, wouldn't you respect Trump as a leader even if you despised him? Consider Bashar al-Assad, the leader of Syria whose air force base was bombed by Trump. You know that Assad despises Trump for his actions, but no doubt he respects him, albeit grudgingly, because of the power and strength he projects.

On the Iran hostage crisis

I was born in 1988, so I wasn't even alive when this event happened. To be honest, I don't know the full details of the crisis, and I'll have to read more about it. I'll get back with you later when I finish reading more about the subject.

On comparisons of Reagan and Trump

Um, I didn't actually say that Trump is "the next Ronald Reagan" or anything like it. In my first post on this thread, I used Reagan's hawkishness as an example to make a point, not to say that he is Trump.

Ronald Reagan gave amnesty to millions of illegal aliens in 1986. But Donald Trump wants to build a wall along the US-Mexican border and deport millions of people. This reason alone is sufficient to argue that Reagan and Trump are different.

So, basically, you've got nothing except your unsupported claim that foreign leaders may not like Trump but for some reason respect him?

Upvote 0

Angel Wings 1288

Feb 3, 2017
TX
✟29,884.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
So, basically, you've got nothing except your unsupported claim that foreign leaders may not like Trump but for some reason respect him?

You say my claim that leaders don't like Trump is unsupported. But didn't you just link several articles demonstrating that point?

I made a good argument explaining why world leaders respect Trump, namely because of the military might of the US and also the fact that Trump isn't afraid to use it. What didn't you understand about my thesis?

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
You say my claim that leaders don't like Trump is unsupported. But didn't you just link several articles demonstrating that point?

I made a good argument explaining why world leaders respect Trump, namely because of the military might of the US and also the fact that Trump isn't afraid to use it. What didn't you understand about my thesis?

You seem to misread my posts a lot. Perhaps I am not clear.

I demonstrated that leaders don't like Trump. You claim that the still respect him. You offer a thesis. Per your rules of debate, you must provide support for this thesis besides what is in your gut.

So, like I said, it seems to me that you've got nothing.

Upvote 0