tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can see why you think President Obama wasn't very good...your President, President Putin, didn't seem to care for him at all. That would be why he worked so hard to get President Trump into office. :wave:
tulc(he does look so...manly? trying too look taller there, next to President Obama) ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Yarddog
Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Wow, Obama's utter distaste for Putin is so obvious in that picture.
Obama to Russia: "After my election I have more flexibility."

full

Upvote 0

Angel Wings 1288

Feb 3, 2017
TX
✟29,884.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private

Funny video!

I think the reason why a lot of world leaders don’t show Obama respect is because he exudes weakness, not strength.

Consider this. The Iranians took many Americans hostage in 1979 when Jimmy Carter was president. The long event resulted in the deaths of 8 American soldiers. But on the day of Ronald Reagan’s inauguration, the Iranians immediately released the 52 American hostages. You can read about it here: Iran hostage crisis - Wikipedia

The Iranians immediately conceded when a Republican got elected because Reagan was a strong, hawkish conservative who wouldn’t tolerate any nonsense from a rogue nation. Meanwhile, Carter was one of those naïve pacifist liberals, so the Iranians thought they could bully the US while he was president.

What am I saying? Foreign leaders respect strength in American leadership and scoff at any sign of weakness. This is why world leaders respect Trump but don’t respect Obama.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
World leaders regarding Obama
...What am I saying? Foreign leaders respect strength in American leadership and scoff at any sign of weakness. This is why world leaders respect Trump but don’t respect Obama.
We've all seen how much North Korea respects Donald Trump!

Upvote 0

W Johnson

Jul 3, 2017
Michigan
✟19,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Funny video!

I think the reason why a lot of world leaders don’t show Obama respect is because he exudes weakness, not strength.

Consider this. The Iranians took many Americans hostage in 1979 when Jimmy Carter was president. The long event resulted in the deaths of 8 American soldiers. But on the day of Ronald Reagan’s inauguration, the Iranians immediately released the 52 American hostages. You can read about it here: Iran hostage crisis - Wikipedia

The Iranians immediately conceded when a Republican got elected because Reagan was a strong, hawkish conservative who wouldn’t tolerate any nonsense from a rogue nation. Meanwhile, Carter was one of those naïve pacifist liberals, so the Iranians thought they could bully the US while he was president.

What am I saying? Foreign leaders respect strength in American leadership and scoff at any sign of weakness. This is why world leaders respect Trump but don’t respect Obama.

I am sure it also had nothing to do with the future missile shipments to Iran either…

You can read about it here: Iran–Contra affair - Wikipedia

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Angel Wings 1288

Feb 3, 2017
TX
✟29,884.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
World leaders regarding Obama

We've all seen how much North Korea respects Donald Trump!

Congratulations! You've found an outlier. Now go celebrate for such "astute" logical thinking where you believe that an exception to the standard is somehow representative of the standard.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well, the term “Evil Empire” used to be thrown around in the 80s when Trump was a Democrat.
Russia was communist in the 80s.

They aren't communist anymore, which is why the left no longer likes Russia.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

W Johnson

Jul 3, 2017
Michigan
✟19,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Russia was communist in the 80s.

They aren't communist anymore, which is why the left no longer likes Russia.

I notice that is the same time frame that you claim in other posts to have been on the “Left”. I guess it is hard to let your close friends go. The former KGB agent Putin is now a good guy, got it.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I notice that is the same time frame that you claim in other posts to have been on the “Left”. I guess it is hard to let your close friends go. The former KGB agent Putin is now a good guy, got it.
I've never claimed to be a liberal during my time on CFs. The time when I was a liberal was years before I first posted on CFs. It should be noted though that I was never a militant liberal.
The former KGB agent Putin is now a good guy, got it.
People can change, as I went from liberal to conservative.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As we know Russia has their goals and we have ours.

Keeping an open dialogue between the two strongest countries in the world is very important.

Russia has tried to influence most all elections throughout the world as we also have.

As the Bible States also well nothing new Under the Sun.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Funny video!

1) The Iran hostage crisis resolution was a bit more complicated that you suggest.

2) Foreign leaders do not respect Trump.

3) Comparing Trump favorably to Reagan? Seriously?

• Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
As we know Russia has their goals and we have ours.

Keeping an open dialogue between the two strongest countries in the world is very important.

Russia has tried to influence most all elections throughout the world as we also have.

As the Bible States also well nothing new Under the Sun.

M-Bob

When Obama was president, the right and right wing media kept crowing about how awful Russia is (remember in 2012 - Obama suggested improving relations with Russia and got skewered by the right, Romney was applauded by the right for calling Russia "our greatest geopolitical foe"). Now that Trump is president, and there is mounting evidence regarding Russian interference/collusion, all of the sudden you are ok with "open dialogue."

You are quite the Trump apologist.

Upvote 0