World Leaders at G7 literally laughing at Biden. This is embarassing

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I did???? That is news to me!

That was "you" in the plural.

But to answer your question: "Do we want popularity to be the measuring line for our success?"

Let's ask... you.

Question regarding approval ratings

Presidents approval rating rises

Hydroxychloroquine rated ‘most effective’ coronavirus treatment

Trumps in party approval rating second highest since WW2

DNC Party approval rating drops to 39%

Trump's base gives him a 96% approval rate.

...your answer would seem to be a resounding "yes."

N.B., ChristianForums has a very easy to use search function, and this is just going back three pages looking at threads you started... the moral high ground is still that-a-way...
upload_2021-6-14_22-8-26.jpeg

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟247,302.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I can see that this is going to be an ongoing thing.
Any misspoken word or sentence from Biden will light up the eyes of the MAGA loyalists and appear as a thread on forums across the internet.

Well Biden said "XYZ" we're all laughing at him.

OK, great. Now what?

My thoughts are that Biden's gaffes are just that, momentary gaffes. They don't need to be walked back.
We don't need dozens of white house spokes people going to the media and telling us that the president actually meant to say the opposite of what he just said. No, he didn't really say that he takes Putin's word over the USA intelligence agencies. We won't hear about the white house threatening independent agencies to rewrite history and pretend that they thought a hurricane was going to hit exactly where the president put his sharpie and doctored an important weather warning map.

Sure, it looks laughable what Biden said here. It was a case of word salad.
Now what?

Upvote 0

Vap841

Jun 5, 2021
East Coast
✟39,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Biden's detractors aren't embarrassed -- they're frightened.

If Biden is in cognitive decline, the only options are for him to resign, or for his cabinet to invoke the 25th Amendment.

Either way, the end result is the same: Kamala Harris becomes the first female president of the United States...
I'm sure of it... unless someone wants to convince me otherwise.
So you think that Biden’s detractors are frightened over the fact that a woman would become president? Don’t they instead just want anyone from the right instead? They wouldn’t welcome Candace Owens?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
So you think that Biden’s detractors are frightened over the fact that a woman would become president? Don’t they instead just want anyone from the right instead? They wouldn’t welcome Candace Owens?

Not just "a" woman... that woman.

Sorry, I should have made it clearer.

• Informative
Reactions: Vap841
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟248,673.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
  • Useful
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

ranunculus

Aug 21, 2008
✟268,130.00
Country
Luxembourg
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I think there's a great deal of difference between being chuckled at for a verbal gaffe, and being laughed at for the actual content of your speech.

So Biden said covid in a sentence when he meant to say covax? That's what I gather this thread is about, am I correct?

Compare that to something the previous president said in March of last year when asked about a timeframe for the covid-19 vaccine.

We are working on treatments for this, you know it's bad, this virus, terrible, but the team is amazing, fantastic and the Vice President, and it's bad, but we will make it through this war, it is a war, terrible we are testing, tests, and I have ordered the FDA to remove blocks, there are blocks, lots of blocks for medicine, treatments, yes treatments soon, very soon.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
So Biden said covid in a sentence when he meant to say covax? That's what I gather this thread is about, am I correct?

Compare that to something the previous president said in March of last year when asked about a timeframe for the covid-19 vaccine.
What was wrong with that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟688,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That was "you" in the plural.

But to answer your question: "Do we want popularity to be the measuring line for our success?"

Let's ask... you.

Question regarding approval ratings

Presidents approval rating rises

Hydroxychloroquine rated ‘most effective’ coronavirus treatment

Trumps in party approval rating second highest since WW2

DNC Party approval rating drops to 39%

Trump's base gives him a 96% approval rate.

...your answer would seem to be a resounding "yes."

N.B., ChristianForums has a very easy to use search function, and this is just going back three pages looking at threads you started... the moral high ground is still that-a-way...
View attachment 300746

Would it help it help you if I showed you the difference between national polls and a tv rating system.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
If my grandson had to give a short speech and it was as bad as that, then I'd feel some embarrassment. Picture a 7 year old saying it.
So it was wrong because it was embarrassing?

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟248,673.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
So it was wrong because it was embarrassing?

It would have been embarrassing for a seven year old. You've apparently already decided it was fine. I don't know what else I can say.

Look, here's a heads-up in regard to my position. I've been around the block a few times. This is my 12th US president. I've also listened to, watched or read what 17 UK Prime Ministers and 11 Australian ones have had to say. I've listened to their speeches, their performances in office, watched interviews and listened to them extemporise in various situations. I won't include the very many leaders of other countries that I have experienced, but you've got 40 there in any case.

My politics are to the left. But I can't honestly say that any man or woman who held their position were incapable of stringing together a lucid sentence when the situation required it, whether they were Labour, Conservative, Liberal, Republican or Democrat. And I'm saying that about some men (and one woman) whose policies were polar opposites to almost everything I believe in.

Except one. And that man wasn't even Little League status compared to the Major League players I've mentioned - from JFK to Reagan to Churchill and Thatcher to Hawke and Keating in Australia. I find it difficult to describe the vast differences between your last president and those 40. And Biden is included in those 40. An exceptionally able politician who is regarded around the world with respect and not without some affection. He appears to be honest (and as truthful as we can expect any politician to be) and to have a certain integrity.

Of course, that's just my personal opinion having been a political observer over many decades. You can take it as you will.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Would it help it help you if I showed you the difference between national polls and a tv rating system.

It would help if such a difference changed your answer re: "Do we want popularity to be the measuring line for our success?"

SPOILER ALERT: It doesn't.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
It would have been embarrassing for a seven year old. You've apparently already decided it was fine. I don't know what else I can say.
You could just address my post. I not wanting to know if it was embarrassing for a seven year-old. I’m wanting to know if it was embarrassing for the president.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟248,673.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You could just address my post. I not wanting to know if it was embarrassing for a seven year-old. I’m wanting to know if it was embarrassing for the president.

Hmm. So if a seven year old makes an inept speech and a grown man makes one equally inept, then what do you think?

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Hmm. So if a seven year old makes an inept speech and a grown man makes one equally inept, then what do you think?
I wasn’t wondering what I thought.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.