Logan City
✟756,718.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We don't have many Olympic winter sports champions in Australia, as the climate doesn't support winter sports, unlike swimming, or in this particular case skin diving (with a snorkel).

We have some snow in the colder months in the Snowy Mountains and the Victorian Alps, but that's about it.

• Informative
Reactions: Johnboy60
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
We don't have many Olympic winter sports champions in Australia, as the climate doesn't support winter sports, unlike swimming, or in this particular case skin diving (with a snorkel).

We have some snow in the colder months in the Snowy Mountains and the Victorian Alps, but that's about it.
I'm friends with an Australian Olympic Winter Sports medalist - Torah Bright

• Informative
Reactions: Johnboy60
Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟756,718.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm friends with an Australian Olympic Winter Sports medalist - Torah Bright

Bit embarrassing but I didn't know of her. So I looked up her Wikipedia entry.

I notice she was born in Cooma, which is on the Snowy Mountains Highway, so she obviously grew up close to the snowfields.

How did you meet her? It does say she won the US Open Snowboarding championships twice.

Bright was born in Cooma, New South Wales on 27 December 1986, to parents Peter and Marion Bright; she is the fourth of five siblings. Her parents named her "Torah" after her sister Rowena learned from her Jewish piano teacher that the name referred to the Jewish name for the first five books of the Tanakh and meant "bearer of a great spiritual message" and suggested the name for her new sister.[3]

Bright grew up in Cooma, New South Wales and attended Cooma North Public School at the base of the Snowy Mountains. She started out as a downhill ski racer.

Bright's brother, Ben, is also a professional snowboarder and remains her coach. Her older sister, Rowena, competed in the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics in alpine skiing.

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Bit embarrassing but I didn't know of her. So I looked up her Wikipedia entry.

I notice she was born in Cooma, which is on the Snowy Mountains Highway, so she obviously grew up close to the snowfields.

How did you meet her? It does say she won the US Open Snowboarding championships twice.
Mutual friend. She even was in New York a few years back and took me out to treat me for lunch on my birthday. She's super nice and modest.

Upvote 0