Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In science the question is: How long does truth last. There is a book called:The Half-Life of Facts: Why Everything We Know Has an Expiration Date
Aug 27, 2013 by Samuel Arbesman

Everything we do, everything we say is going to be tested by fire. The question then is: when our life is over do we have anything to show for the life we lived. Perhaps some people do not care, yet others do seem to care.

We can look back to Moses and the books he wrote are still very much being read by many people today. So he had a very good success rate if you make that determination based on how long his work has survived and how many people today has heard his name.

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
We are taking nothing with us when we die except the souls the Lord used us to reach while we are alive. We came in naked and we are going out naked.
I am not worried about what I leave behind here but the treasure I am building up there. But maybe if there is a way to "further reach people to the Lord" after I am gone, I should consider it.
I could sure write a large book on what NOT to do. ;]

Reactions: mukk_in
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We all will also 'expire' one day.
Our body may die, but our spirit and our soul can live on. Even as christian we believe our body will be resurrected. This is why we talk about the resurrection. In fact even some of the Hebrew people believe in a resurrection. After Jesus died at Calvary people came up out of the grave and there was a resurrection at that time. Death, hell and the grave no longer could hold them.

Rev 20:13 "The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done."

Rev 1:18 "I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades."

Reactions: R. Hartono
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not worried about what I leave behind here but the treasure I am building up there.
Yes we do not take it with us. We send our treasures to Heaven ahead of us.

Matthew 6:20 "19 Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.…"

Upvote 0