MS
✟17,068.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Listed to a video someone made talking about how many christians will be in hell. Mainly mentioned the scripture where Jesus said something like if your right hand causes u to sin cut it off, is better to enter into heaven that way than cast into hell with both hands...hes saying that Jesus is talking to christians becuz he mentioned entering into heaven and only christians in heaven. So if youre stuck in whatever sin u get cast into hell. And that if u abide in Christ but produce no fruit youre a bad branch and will be cut off and cast into hell. This is confusing to me as i thought belief in Jesus was all that was required but do these verses imply there is more to be done as in works?? Just getting reaaaally frustrated and depressed spiritually lately alot due to things like this

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Paul emphasized faith. Jesus emphasized acts of love and mercy. Both would seem to be important. Most posters here at CF go along with Paul and emphasize faith. However, that does not answer your question, and sadly, it is rather difficult to give you an answer to your question.

Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
don't worry about Christians going to hell or anyone going to hell. spread the gospel and let the angels come at the time of Christ's returning and do the reaping.

nothing to do with earthly works either. Don't feed the poor to be seen, be noticed, or raised up in your community etc. Don't seek to be an earthly peace maker for only men to see it and raise you up in the world.

its spiritual works Christ and heaven desire. Witnessing Christ is the start. you could put a Gospel track into someone's flower pot. Even try repeating the same things that others did to bring you to Christ, if that worked for you, the Lord has possible called you to do the same thing, they will be many people in this world just like you were. Talking to people what he did for you, start in your home, your family, your community. don't make a big show and dance over it, people will see you've changed and they'll ask you simple questions, "how you keeping, etc, etc"..you'll automatically tell them about Christ. Yoú don't have to wear placards around you, erect bible messages all over the place, etc, Those things are important and Christ said those people will get their reward.

I firmly believe your own personal testimony of conversion is so precious to Christ/heaven that when 'that' opportunity arises, proclaim it proudly yet humbly. Christ rejoices and even although you may not 'see' people being converted with your physical eyes, Christ is the only one who knows where that seed of life has landed.

you must live my Faith, never in fear or by physical sight.

Witness the Gospel to others first, do your earthly charity 2nd.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Listed to a video someone made talking about how many christians will be in hell. Mainly mentioned the scripture where Jesus said something like if your right hand causes u to sin cut it off, is better to enter into heaven that way than cast into hell with both hands...hes saying that Jesus is talking to christians becuz he mentioned entering into heaven and only christians in heaven. So if youre stuck in whatever sin u get cast into hell. And that if u abide in Christ but produce no fruit youre a bad branch and will be cut off and cast into hell. This is confusing to me as i thought belief in Jesus was all that was required but do these verses imply there is more to be done as in works?? Just getting reaaaally frustrated and depressed spiritually lately alot due to things like this

When a person trust in the Messiah for the free gift of Eternal Life (Gods Eternal Life) they are given the Gift of God, Eternal Life, never to lose this gift.

They become a born again believer, now this believer can cause to himself severe damage in their position as is related to rewards and may end up in the outer darkness, in heaven. But that will all be judged at the judgment seat of The Messiah (a believers judgment)

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Don’t be confused bro!
If you trust Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, then you trust what He have said !

If you don’t trust what Jesus has said, then you have not trusted yet !

or if you don’t know what Jesus has said, then you don’t know what you trust in Him.

If you don’t know what is said in the Bible, then you don’t know how to live in keeping with His word.

If you really have trusted Him, then keep your life in keeping with His word.

You understand that Jesus is serious about sin because He doesn’t want you to be a slave of sin.

When you first trust Jesus, you must have confessed your sins with your mouth and believe in your heart that Jesus the Lord forgive your sins !
Having you been forgiven, you are made alive in Christ Jesus.
Then you are to walk your life rightly with Him in keeping with His word but not walking
according to the manner of sin.
When you walk in the manner of sin, you grief Him who lives in your heart or inner person or spirit.

This is what apostle Paul, have told us :

Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, to make you obey its passions. -Romans 6:12

Do not present your members to sin as instruments for unrighteousness, but present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life, and your members to God as instruments for righteousness. -Romans 6:13

Even, Jesus said this when Jesus pray to Heavenly Father :
They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. -John 17:16
Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth. -John 17:17

It is our Lord’s will that we be sanctified with the word of the Heavenly Father God.

Have you live your life sanctified with God’s word ?

If you really trust Jesus, you hear what Jesus have said :

It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life. -John 6:63

Do you know the words what Jesus have spoken are Spirit and life?

Have you regarded His words like that ?

Remember what apostle Paul have said :
So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ. -Romans 10:17

Your faith comes from hearing the word of Christ; so as you have trusted Jesus, you need to grow your faith that comes from hearing His word.

As His words are Spirit, you must listen in Spirit!
If not, you have not yet really listened to Him.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Bro,
Don’t get frustrated or depressed!

Listen to what Heavenly Father God has spoken:

My son, if you receive my words and treasure up my commandments with you, -Proverbs 2:1
making your ear attentive to wisdom and inclining your heart to understanding; -Proverbs 2:2
yes, if you call out for insight and raise your voice for understanding, -Proverbs 2:3
if you seek it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures, -Proverbs 2:4
then you will UNDERSTAND THE FEAR OF THE LORD and FIND THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD. -Proverbs 2:5

Have you really done what the Heavenly Father God told you to do ? If you have not,
then you know why that you have not understood the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God !

Only when you do what He has told you, then you will understand !

Only when you understand the fear of the Lord, then you understand how to TURN !

As the proverbs saying:
By steadfast love and faithfulness iniquity is atoned for,
and by THE FEAR OF THE LORD one turns away from evil. -Proverbs 16:6

For sin is evil !
Remember what apostle Paul has said:
Let not SIN therefore reign in your mortal body, so that you obey its EVIL desires. -Romans 6:12

If you do not want to cut your hands or parts of your body which causes sin, then you must listen to what God the Father have said, and understand the FEAR OF THE LORD and find the knowledge of God.

Only when you understand the FEAR OF THE LORD, then you able to TURN from SIN.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

When you have treasured what God has said in your heart, then you will know that His words sanctify — yes, God the Spirit works mightily in you.

Then you will understand that you are justified by His grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, -Romans 3:24

GBU

Upvote 0