LONDON
✟8,314.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
This is a strange one – when I am in the office sometimes and I am subdued for whatever reason, the whole atmosphere just dies. What is that ? I work in sales, but there are others in the same department. You know what sales can be like with people jostling for position and ego’s sometimes getting out of hand. There are some people that jump on any comment made and I feel it is better to have a “quiet” one every now and again as its gets rather “wearing” having to answer the “jibes” (bored of throwing pearls amongst swine !). But its then that it happens – the whole atmosphere dies ! – there I have said it again. It is amazing. I am not saying I “control” the office or something, but when I get that way,(or restrict myself/the Spirit constraineth me ?!) I feel as though I am quenching something – basically- it pains me to keep quiet !

Is there a Spiritual connection to this ?
:confused::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mrhappy3

May 9, 2006
LONDON
✟8,314.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
And furthermore I am trying to remain in the Spirit and not get in the Flesh.....I am noisy by nature methinks.....but then I may blow up both barrels after holding it down for so long.

Like Job said " A cork ready to burst" (32v19)

Any ideas ?:wave:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mrhappy3

May 9, 2006
LONDON
✟8,314.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
No real alpha males are not annoying they are very charismatic and can change the entire balance of power and social environment by just being there. (I know - I'm careful not to hire any.) :)

Now that is REALLY interesting.

Are they a bad thing or just too dangerous to have around - a maverick even ?

Upvote 0

msbojingles

resident brat and doom and gloomer
Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
✟14,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And furthermore I am trying to remain in the Spirit and not get in the Flesh.....I am noisy by nature methinks.....but then I may blow up both barrels after holding it down for so long.

Like Job said " A cork ready to burst" (32v19)

Any ideas ?:wave:

Introverted people (like me) need extroverted people (like you) to keep conversation moving along. Otherwise we'd (introverts) spend the whole time in our own heads thinking and analyzing our lives away.

A couple people like my mom and myself could spend the whole day together and manage a "yep" and a "um hmm". Makes for a long day.

Upvote 0

mrhappy3

May 9, 2006
LONDON
✟8,314.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Introverted people (like me) need extroverted people (like you) to keep conversation moving along. Otherwise we'd (introverts) spend the whole time in our own heads thinking and analyzing our lives away.

A couple people like my mom and myself could spend the whole day together and manage a "yep" and a "um hmm". Makes for a long day.

This is becoming much clearer....:idea:

But I get the impression that the pressure to "perform" for the extravert can be quite taxing...to the point that if the others don't get the "fix" - resentment can set in - I've experienced that.

How about entertaining me for a change !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

GrapeGirl

Freakin' ray of sunshyne
May 7, 2008
Nacogdoches, TX
✟17,953.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Quoted for truth! (Fellow introvert here)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

msbojingles

resident brat and doom and gloomer
Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
✟14,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is becoming much clearer....:idea:

But I get the impression that the pressure to "perform" for the extravert can be quite taxing...to the point that if the others don't get the "fix" - resentment can set in - I've experienced that.

How about entertaining me for a change !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
^_^ Well, I can see how that can happen. It's ok, though, they'll get over their resentment if you're not feeling so entertaining.

Take a break, man! :)

Upvote 0

mrhappy3

May 9, 2006
LONDON
✟8,314.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
^_^ Well, I can see how that can happen. It's ok, though, they'll get over their resentment if you're not feeling so entertaining.

Take a break, man! :)

Your too kind - !

Its funny I was reading about breaking intimidating powers by John Bevere - basically he states that we must CONTROL the spiritual atmosphere - especially around "sinners".(if we don't we get all timid etc)

Can anyone enlarge on that ?

I mean - I can go on the front foot with the best of them - but I don't want to do it in the flesh.

:bow:

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, as Miss B says, it's ok to take a rest!

Its funny I was reading about breaking intimidating powers by John Bevere - basically he states that we must CONTROL the spiritual atmosphere - especially around "sinners".(if we don't we get all timid etc)

Can anyone enlarge on that ?

My thouhgts on that...

The presence of a Spirit-filled Christian in a roomdoes changethe atmosphere.
How could nothing change when God just walked in and sat at your desk with you?! :)

I don't think we should seek to control it though. God doesn't push His way into things and take control - rather He inspires, invites, coaxes, woos, stirs the longing of a seeking heart.

That's the Holy Spirit's way of changing atmospheres, offices, factory floors, homes, lives...

Maybe when you're having a "subdued" day, ask God to help you open things up for others to fill the space, and watch with Him to see what unfolds?

Upvote 0

mrhappy3

May 9, 2006
LONDON
✟8,314.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Yes, as Miss B says, it's ok to take a rest!

My thouhgts on that...

The presence of a Spirit-filled Christian in a roomdoes changethe atmosphere.
How could nothing change when God just walked in and sat at your desk with you?! :)

I don't think we should seek to control it though. God doesn't push His way into things and take control - rather He inspires, invites, coaxes, woos, stirs the longing of a seeking heart.

That's the Holy Spirit's way of changing atmospheres, offices, factory floors, homes, lives...

Maybe when you're having a "subdued" day, ask God to help you open things up for others to fill the space, and watch with Him to see what unfolds?

Thank you TLIMB...very much appreciated.:thumbsup::wave:

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Mate, we are all unequally yoked with unbelievers.

Always remember that when our heart is transformed and renewed then what comes out of our mouth comes from our heart.

Before going to work each day, why not pray a prayer of peace over the office, cut of the power of darkness by the power of our Almighty God, our Lord Jesus Christ.

When you get into any discussion, just ask our Lord, silently, to give you the patience and self-control. You will be amazed how he will leave a space vacant for you to speak your words.

When we butt in just for the sake of saying something or to stop others from taking over, we are leaving ourself open for belittling or redicule.

Be wise as a serpent and as gentle as a dove.

Blessings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mrhappy3

May 9, 2006
LONDON
✟8,314.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Mate, we are all unequally yoked with unbelievers.

Always remember that when our heart is transformed and renewed then what comes out of our mouth comes from our heart.

Before going to work each day, why not pray a prayer of peace over the office, cut of the power of darkness by the power of our Almighty God, our Lord Jesus Christ.

When you get into any discussion, just ask our Lord, silently, to give you the patience and self-control. You will be amazed how he will leave a space vacant for you to speak your words.

When we butt in just for the sake of saying something or to stop others from taking over, we are leaving ourself open for belittling or redicule.

Be wise as a serpent and as gentle as a dove.

Blessings.

I have made good headway and the witness of the lord is strong where i work.

A little spanner has arrived and i can tell he wants a war - i won't give him one - in fact the Lord does not allow me to respond. I simply, nod, laugh or smile.

I must say its quite intriguing, but as you say..wise as a serpent etc.

I fully receive that, pray I don't jump on him ^_^ as he literally bores the pants off me.

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I have made good headway and the witness of the lord is strong where i work.

A little spanner has arrived and i can tell he wants a war - i won't give him one - in fact the Lord does not allow me to respond. I simply, nod, laugh or smile.

I must say its quite intriguing, but as you say..wise as a serpent etc.

I fully receive that, pray I don't jump on him ^_^ as he literally bores the pants off me.

Just love him mate, and just nod and keep smiling. Those who bait another person is of the devil. So, just by submitting to our Lord Jesus Christ by love and forgiveness will destroy any works of the enemy.

Blessings.:)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.