✟263,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
James 1:22 (NASB)
But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves.

What is this word, that we are told that we are to prove ourselves to be doers of?

It is, this word of faith that was once delivered to the saints..,

So than how does one prove themselves to be a doer of this word of faith?

This word of faith, that we are to prove ourselves to be doers of, is putting forth the truth that we are to be living in a constant state of faith towards God..

This constant state of faith towards God, can only be accomplished, by a constant looking away from ourselves to Christ... Which is what the repentant life of faith is, a turning from self to God...

For the degree of our turning from self to God, is the degree of our repentance...There is no substitute, for One or the other live and rule in the heart at any and every given moment of time...The more we look away from ourselves to Christ the more repentant we are and the more we are being a doer of this word of faith...

For this is the word of faith, which is the Gospel, turn to Christ by faith...But this word, turn to, means that to turn to, we, of a necessity need to turn from whatever has our heart....

Which, if it’s not Christ, it is self, for nothing else is presented before man to choose from. But this fire and water, this life or death, this Christ or self...This is the choice set before all mankind, fire or water, life or death, Christ or self, old or new nature, all being different words describing the same choice..

For everything is a variation on this theme. Life or death, Christ or self...For the heart that chooses Christ will find Christ and all that is Christ... Shall be, in the course of time, manifested in that heart that would maintain this word of faith....For the Divine nature has to be grown in a life....And the word of faith that was once delivered to the saints, is the way of growing this Divine nature in the heart that would be willing to be a doer of the word of faith....

Than there is this warning, for with a warning comes the possibility of;

“not merely hearers who delude themselves”.

For being a doer of the word is the result of being a hearer of the word....The warning goes to those that are content with the hearing only... For we are admonished to prove ourselves doers of this word, by bringing forth the proof of, which is the fruit of...

For the word of faith will in itself bring forth all the proof of our salvation... All the works of the fruit of Christ being formed in us, will, as we, but only, as we maintain the word of faith, be manifested in our lives...

For God is good and longs to manifest His Son in us. A looking away from ourselves with the desire of the heart turned towards God is that which He waits for, so He might work in the life so yielded...

Be blessed all, as we work out the word of faith in our lives..

A fellow laborer working out the word of faith, Not me

Reactions: now faith

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
James 1: 23. For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: 24. For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. 25. But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed. 26. If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain. 27. Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

James 2: 14. What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? 15. If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, 16. And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? 17. Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. 18. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

Romans 10: 6. But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:) 7. Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.) 8. But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9. That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

John 15: 7. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 8. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. 9. As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. 10. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. 11. These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full. 12. This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. 13. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Upvote 0