Working of the Spirit in Power and Question?

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So last week I was at a funeral. I work at a cemetery, so it was at work. The person was cremated. About 3/4 of the way through the service I have some thoughts of calling out this person's name and saying "In the name of Jesus come forth". Well I didn't do it, partly out of fear, but also out of respect for the process I guess. Anyways, I asked God if that was Him telling me to do it to give me some sign. My lips around that time began to tremble and it literally felt like my mouth was going to open on its own.

Now I've never experienced anything like that, ever and have certainly never raised a person to life from the dead. My question is for those who are more experienced in things of the Spirit. Is that a mark of the Spirits leading? Like what I felt on my mouth, like it was going to open itself and speak? I know in Jeremiah he says that when he would want to not speak God's word, the word would become fire in his mouth so he would have to speak it.

I really feel like I let God down, but in that environment and situation I really didn't want to say anything if I was just trying to do something in my own religiousness and power.

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟121,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
So last week I was at a funeral. I work at a cemetery, so it was at work. The person was cremated. About 3/4 of the way through the service I have some thoughts of calling out this person's name and saying "In the name of Jesus come forth". Well I didn't do it, partly out of fear, but also out of respect for the process I guess. Anyways, I asked God if that was Him telling me to do it to give me some sign. My lips around that time began to tremble and it literally felt like my mouth was going to open on its own.

Now I've never experienced anything like that, ever and have certainly never raised a person to life from the dead. My question is for those who are more experienced in things of the Spirit. Is that a mark of the Spirits leading? Like what I felt on my mouth, like it was going to open itself and speak? I know in Jeremiah he says that when he would want to not speak God's word, the word would become fire in his mouth so he would have to speak it.

I really feel like I let God down, but in that environment and situation I really didn't want to say anything if I was just trying to do something in my own religiousness and power.

In some situations... when there is time to ~ think ~ about walking out on the promises of God it can cause consternation within the physical body….In other situations that are immediate before you…you just act with the God given abilities ……..listening to God.

This situation is a tough one and I wouldn’t presume to answer. The fact that you were ready to walk out on the promise of God ….shows me you did not let God down….and there is no way in heaven that He is disappointed in you….He is actually very proud of you for your desire and stand. Do don’t kick yourself or question yourself ….there may have been a good reason for this.

I have been where you are at ….and whether it was God telling you or not……..you need to assess the entire situation to help you in the future….It may very well be that God was showing you…..
What I mean by that is…. The whole things with your lips…may be something that God was teaching you for future situations such as what took place….. It won’t be for every promise of God you walk out on …but it may be for those severe situations where you question yourself…I can’t say for sure, but it may very well be an indicator to move on what He is directing you to do … I have my own that He shows.

Reactions: ByTheSpirit
Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In some situations... when there is time to ~ think ~ about walking out on the promises of God it can cause consternation within the physical body….In other situations that are immediate before you…you just act with the God given abilities ……..listening to God.

This situation is a tough one and I wouldn’t presume to answer. The fact that you were ready to walk out on the promise of God ….shows me you did not let God down….and there is no way in heaven that He is disappointed in you….He is actually very proud of you for your desire and stand. Do don’t kick yourself or question yourself ….there may have been a good reason for this.

I have been where you are at ….and whether it was God telling you or not……..you need to assess the entire situation to help you in the future….It may very well be that God was showing you…..
What I mean by that is…. The whole things with your lips…may be something that God was teaching you for future situations such as what took place….. It won’t be for every promise of God you walk out on …but it may be for those severe situations where you question yourself…I can’t say for sure, but it may very well be an indicator to move on what He is directing you to do … I have my own that He shows.

Thank you for your gracious response.

The whole situation was just weird, regarding my mouth anyway. I did think after that perhaps God was giving me an indicator of what His leading may look like. I've heard and read that sometimes God will highlight a body part for healing and that was something I thought about in the moment as well. Ultimately, I asked for a very specific sign in that moment and didn't get it so I didn't do anything.

Hopefully in the future that changes

Reactions: sandman
Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟121,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you for your gracious response.

The whole situation was just weird, regarding my mouth anyway. I did think after that perhaps God was giving me an indicator of what His leading may look like. I've heard and read that sometimes God will highlight a body part for healing and that was something I thought about in the moment as well. Ultimately, I asked for a very specific sign in that moment and didn't get it so I didn't do anything.

Hopefully in the future that changes

My go sign for situations like that is best described as a vision, I guess…… It happens in a moment, but I can see it in my minds eye, that is about the best way to describe it.

Reactions: ByTheSpirit
Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My go sign for situations like that is best described as a vision, I guess…… It happens in a moment, but I can see it in my minds eye, that is about the best way to describe it.

That does help, thanks again!

Upvote 0