USA
✟947,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Paisos is correct. Working in a hospital will be more stressful. Especially when you're dealing with patients. My mother worked on the administrative side and the stories she told were so over the top I made her stop discussing it. I worked in finance and the lone pressure was making money. But her tales sounded like a newsreel!

I think fit is really important. Be honest about your temperament. It can have a negative effect on your health and relationships if you don't know how to separate work from home. If you have a specific place in mind, speak to employees if you can. Things always sound great in the interview.

If nursing is your goal, find out if the hospital has a union and how they deal with shortages. Some are using agencies to fill in the gaps and won't hire staff. Private clinics are generally more peaceful. But I've only dealt with those attached to teaching hospitals. Tour the facility to get a feel for the environment. If you can't imagine yourself working there ask why.

Public facilities are a conversation onto themselves. It's a different demographic and they usually get challenging cases. Check out AllNurses. They have great feedback and openly share their experiences in healthcare. Good luck.

Upvote 0