• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Work ethic, maintaining work and mental health issues

StarryEyedShoeGazer

Dec 28, 2016
Australia
✟62,693.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi all,

I have been considering my work history and wondering how I can know wether I am blaming my mental health for difficulty in maintaining a job or wether I just have a poor work ethic.
Even if it is the latter - there is repentance ,right?

Any thoughts?

• Friendly
Reactions: Leaf473

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟177,893.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,

I have been considering my work history and wondering how I can know wether I am blaming my mental health for difficulty in maintaining a job or wether I just have a poor work ethic.

Any thoughts?
The two can be hard to separate, I think.

If you're looking for suggestions, I'd say forget about the past and try saying, "Next time, I will..."

Peace be with you!

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟893,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,

Any thoughts?
Rather than trying to lay blame , maybe analyze. Identifying the common characteristics between job possions that have left you with unsatisfactory performance is important. This is really the only way to move forward into an ideal position in the future. Just need to find the right fit !
Blessings

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟287,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Yep. And even if it's not there's always room for improvement.
I've had a bit of both, poor work ethic and mental illness; something helpful for me was when I began praying to be a blessing to my co-workers, my clients, my team, my boss, my company.
It was helpful for them too :)

Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,292.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Is your work enjoyable? That can really change how you approach it. One thing to take is a Myers-Briggs test which gives you some indication of your personality. While I don't believe that the MBTI is scientific or 100% accurate, it can give you some insight into some of your personality strengths and weaknesses. I'm in IT which normally lends itself to introverts, but as an extrovert, I found a position in healthcare IT that fills my need for working with people while still providing a place for my logical thinking.

Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0