• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

consider_the_lilies

Dec 8, 2019
Long Island
✟15,348.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi all,

I have been a Christian for about ten years. I graduated into the recession and had a very bumpy few years in my career, with layoffs and such. I was always employed, though, and God saw me through it all. I enjoy my job and specifically enjoy my workplace - it's not without its faults and flaws, but I love the people I work with, and I really found a place for myself there (or, I should say, God put me in a great spot).

The job has been more secure in the last few years, but there are murmurs of layoffs happening again. And even though God saw me through every other storm, when layoffs (the possibility thereof) were mentioned, I felt a cold, sick feeling hit me just above my chest. I have diagnosed anxiety, and I manage it with faith and prayer, counseling, and medicine, but even with all that support I just felt...numb. Bad. Like it's all going to fall apart for me, and I'll have nothing.

I can't totally shake this feeling. I know God will lead me where He wants me, whether to stay at my work place or not, and that He is in total control, but it's like I just know it - I don't feel it. Any words of wisdom? I'll take all your prayers, gratefully, too. Thanks very much.

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,272,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Its not like you’re being totally unrealistic but its horrible to live with those feelings. Trust me I know. What helps me is to actively look for other employment. It gives you a feeling of opportunity and who knows you might land a better job.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi all,

I have been a Christian for about ten years. I graduated into the recession and had a very bumpy few years in my career, with layoffs and such. I was always employed, though, and God saw me through it all. I enjoy my job and specifically enjoy my workplace - it's not without its faults and flaws, but I love the people I work with, and I really found a place for myself there (or, I should say, God put me in a great spot).

The job has been more secure in the last few years, but there are murmurs of layoffs happening again. And even though God saw me through every other storm, when layoffs (the possibility thereof) were mentioned, I felt a cold, sick feeling hit me just above my chest. I have diagnosed anxiety, and I manage it with faith and prayer, counseling, and medicine, but even with all that support I just felt...numb. Bad. Like it's all going to fall apart for me, and I'll have nothing.

I can't totally shake this feeling. I know God will lead me where He wants me, whether to stay at my work place or not, and that He is in total control, but it's like I just know it - I don't feel it. Any words of wisdom? I'll take all your prayers, gratefully, too. Thanks very much.
God does not induce anxiety, so I'm not sure how much weight you should put on your feeling. And He'll confirm His word to you thru 2 or 3 witnesses, so a single intuitive perception that is of God will have another telling.

Upvote 0

Esther2286

Dec 10, 2018
Rochester
✟19,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi there,

I’m so sorry that you are feeling anxious about your job. I felt that way at one time, too. I had a temporary job that I knew the Lord had provided me and over a course of a year, had several times experienced negative comments by other people, and even with the threat of where my name was sitting in a hiring freeze. My position seemed to be in jeopardy. What I learned is that God will provide. He always has and I know that I can trust Him with all of the details. You can, too.

You are so good to go to the Lord for prayer! He hears those prayers and loves you so much.

Lord, I pray that you will send comfort and peace to my friend. May You provide all that is needed and a hedge-of-protection over her mind, will, and emotions. Let the peace of God that surpasses all of her understanding, guide her heart in Christ Jesus. Fill her with Your wisdom, as she draws near to You. In Jesus Name. Amen.

• Prayers
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0