Words

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
You can get beat up, knifed, shot, burned, and many things too horrible to mention. But God has blessed us with Doctors and medical science that can sew up and/or repair most any kind of damage that can be done.

But our words often do damage that simply cannot be undone. I hope that we members of the family of God will concentrate and be carefull of our words. We love our brothers/sisters but careless words can really injure the ones we love.

God help us to be loving and considerate at all times.

altya

Servant of God
Apr 28, 2002
South Africa
Visit site
✟14,320.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I know, the wounds caused by words sometimes take years to heal.

Matthew 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment

Matthew 12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Originally posted by forjesus
Amen, and they are just like bullets, once fired you can't take them back.

Yes, you are right! And people kill each other off with stupid words. They kill beautiful relationships with thoughtless and careless words and actions.
And I am not talking about non Christians. I am talking about Christians, who love each other and care about each other.

These wounds are often fatal and the death is more agonizing and painful than any bullet can provide.

Thank God for His mercy and Grace and for the Healing provided by the stripes of Jesus.

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Originally posted by altya
I know, the wounds caused by words sometimes take years to heal.

Matthew 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment

Matthew 12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

You are right and they would never heal, if it were not for the sacrifice Jesus made to provide healing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums