• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Words to Remember ... from 9/11/2001

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by NightHawkeye, Sep 11, 2019 at 9:05 PM.

1. NightHawkeye

NightHawkeye Work-in-progress Supporter

+7,954
    Methodist
    Married
    “We’re Going to Do Something.”

Tom’s last act on earth was one of the most courageous things imaginable. And his last words to his wife, Deena, are among the most inspiring I’ve ever heard. Those exact words are at the top of this page, and the bottom. They were spoken seventeen years ago, under conditions I hope to never experience. I’ll never forget Tom’s last words. I hope you won’t either.
    Tom: We’re waiting until we’re over a rural area. We’re going to take back the airplane.
    Deena: No! Sit down, be still, be quiet, and don’t draw attention to yourself! (The exact words taught to me by Delta Airlines Flight Attendant Training).
    Tom: Deena! If they’re going to crash this plane into the ground, we’re going to have do something!
    Deena: What about the authorities?
    Tom: We can’t wait for the authorities. I don’t know what they could do anyway.
    It’s up to us. I think we can do it.
    Deena: What do you want me to do?
    Tom: Pray, Deena, just pray.

(after a long pause)

Deena: I love you.
    Tom: Don’t worry, we’re going to do something
    …​

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. LaBèlla

LaBèlla ❣️ His little lady ❣️ Supporter

+3,962
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    The first time I heard that recording it brought me to tears. The heroism they displayed is etched in our conscious. Only the Lord could inspire that resolve in the face of what they were experiencing.

There are times in our lives when we can’t play it safe or remain in the shadows. We must be prepared to walk in the conviction we profess.

This passage comes to mind in light of his words:

Now who is there to harm you if you are zealous for what is good? But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you will be blessed.

Have no fear of them, nor be troubled, but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect, having a good conscience, so that, when you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame.

For it is better to suffer for doing good, if that should be God’s will, than for doing evil.
    1 Peter 3:13-17

3. MehGuy

MehGuy Free speech warrior degenerate Supporter

+6,507
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Wow, I can't believe it's been 18 years.. I feel like a really old guy being able to remember vividly that long ago..

That was a strange day.. saw it live on TV.. in fact when the second tower was hit the school bus was just coming and I had to dart out of the house to catch it.. ended the day sleeping hearing air force jets flying in the sky..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List