✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Recently I listened to a video
and I have few questions. Would fellow Word of Faith brethren like to answer?

You are in a forum where you are going to get a lot of unwanted responses. There is a Word of Faith forum and I'm asking @Bumble Bee or @Brent W to move this to that forum. You will find fellowship there.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You are in a forum where you are going to get a lot of unwanted responses. There is a Word of Faith forum and I'm asking @Bumble Bee or @Brent W to move this to that forum. You will find fellowship there.

I think the best place to move this thread is Christian advice or maybe General theology to give everyone a chance to answer.

This (controversial theology) section seem a bit too harsh for this thread.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe your video sheds a more organic version of WOF but that may be just a history lesson and not necessarily what is practiced today.
Blessings

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Better by far than any doctrine reduction is to just read and listen to what Christ our Savior said to us in the gospel accounts.

He didn't say things we don't need.

We need all He said.

John 10:27 My sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow Me.

We should not trust reductions or representations of what He said above what He said. A church could get several things right and leave out crucial things also. So we don't even need to listen to one particular doctrine after we heard it once. We need to listen to all our Lord says.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: KaoticKitten
Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Let God alone answer through us
Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I believe your video sheds a more organic version of WOF but that may be just a history lesson and not necessarily what is practiced today.
Blessings
Are you from Word of faith movement?

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Let God alone answer through us
Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Better by far than any doctrine reduction is to just read and listen to what Christ our Savior said to us in the gospel accounts.

He didn't say things we don't need.

We need all He said.

John 10:27 My sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow Me.

We should not trust reductions or representations of what He said above what He said. A church could get several things right and leave out crucial things also. So we don't even need to listen to one particular doctrine after we heard it once. We need to listen to all our Lord says.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know what that movement is. Instead I believe in all Christ says, and give my attention to really listening to what He has said -- His words He said in order that His sheep will listen and hear.

What I'm saying: no matter if a doctrine is correct, or a maybe, it's not nearly as good or helpful as simply reading and remembering things Christ said to you in the 4 gospel accounts. Those Words will profoundly aid you.

If you wish me to listen to the video, and if it's not too long, I suppose I could, but see, I've already been carefully reading/listening to all Christ said, and continue. First things first. And if you do, then you don't need to depend on any one or three doctrines, because you've come to the real Source instead. You'd find some doctrines are correct, but doctrines aren't the thing we most need. We need faith in Christ, and that faith is built by listening to Him.

• Agree
Reactions: KaoticKitten
Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
I think the best place to move this thread is Christian advice or maybe General theology to give everyone a chance to answer.

This (controversial theology) section seem a bit too harsh for this thread.

That is what they don't want. Just fellow Word of Faith people who understand their doctrines.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
That is what they don't want. Just fellow Word of Faith people who understand their doctrines.

I see.

Just personally, IMO anything that is with sound reasoning will be able to stand up to scrutiny. Granted, not all of responses would be true.

There will be goadings, trolling, flaming, etc. It's still up to us to discern. General sections helps gather more opinions, granted not all of them would be backed with sound reasoning.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
I see.

Just personally, IMO anything that is with sound reasoning will be able to stand up to scrutiny. Granted, not all of responses would be true.

There will be goadings, trolling, flaming, etc. It's still up to us to discern. General sections helps gather more opinions, granted not all of them would be backed with sound reasoning.

It is what I thought the OP requested - just Word of Faith believers. I'm not Word of Faith, but I am Spirit-filled and a woman of strong faith where 100% of my prayers are answered. There are some beliefs in the Word of Faith that are not in other Charismatic denominations, that are absolutely true and scriptural. And then there are some things that are too self-centered, rather than God centered. But if you can discern the difference, Word of Faith is a great foundation.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
There are some beliefs in the Word of Faith that are not in other Charismatic denominations, that are absolutely true and scriptural. And then there are some things that are too self-centered, rather than God centered. But if you can discern the difference, Word of Faith is a great foundation.

This is true in all other denominations and the reason why I'm no longer in denomination.

It would be better to leave something if you know they are teaching some wrong things even in just a few things.

The Lord desires worshippers in Spirit and in Truth. A large number of gathering isn't necessary.

Upvote 0