usadingo

Jun 24, 2003
Kansas
Visit site
✟281.00
Faith
Christian
Tentmaker said:
A commentary on self that is instructive as to both character and conviction. Rare is the Christian so willing to expose his/her flaws.
I'm a one of a kind kind of guy.

My point is this...
As much as I appriciate your stance against the Word of Faith movement, no one on here can understand you.

Upvote 0

Tentmaker

Nov 11, 2003
So. Cal
✟233.00
Faith
Messianic
usadingo said:
I'm a one of a kind kind of guy.

My point is this...
As much as I appriciate your stance against the Word of Faith movement, no one on here can understand you.
Dingo,

You saying that I as a moral individual don't have the inalienable, God-given, rights to be who I am, what I am, as I am, expressing my impressions freely, without need to fear the ugly Iron Fist of a collective that hides behind a religion...using it as an excuse to dictate behavior patterns of others...they generally being called the God Patrol?

Upvote 0

usadingo

Jun 24, 2003
Kansas
Visit site
✟281.00
Faith
Christian
Tentmaker said:
Dingo,

You saying that I as a moral individual don't have the inalienable, God-given, rights to be who I am, what I am, as I am, expressing my impressions freely, without need to fear the ugly Iron Fist of a collective that hides behind a religion...using it as an excuse to dictate behavior patterns of others...they generally being called the God Patrol?
Do what you want, write what you want.
I'm just saying we don't understand what you're saying.
You might as well write your posts in swahilli.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Tentmaker said:
Dingo,

Thank you for that cherished grant.
TM,
You are very welcome to contribute to the discussion at any time. But all these little pot shots and sarcastic quips are not really doing anyone any good. A number of people have queried you about what your cryptic messages mean, and we do not receive any response other than more cryptic posts.
Please expand and tell us plainly what you mean! :clap:

Upvote 0

Tentmaker

Nov 11, 2003
So. Cal
✟233.00
Faith
Messianic
didaskalos said:
TM,
You are very welcome to contribute to the discussion at any time. But all these little pot shots and sarcastic quips are not really doing anyone any good. A number of people have queried you about what your cryptic messages mean, and we do not receive any response other than more cryptic posts.
Please expand and tell us plainly what you mean! :clap:

Didaskalos,

Thank you for granting me permission to posts my "cryptic messages" here. As for the alledged "pot shots and sarcastic quips", my posts are usually based on the content, texture, and direction of those posts I'm responding to.

Say "plainly" what it is that I mean. It is this:

The large majority of posts on theology by CF members are based on assumptions so rank that they deserve nothing more than cryptic response.

A frank discussion is one thing; unfounded, unsupported, and fantasyland assumptions are SOMETHING ELSE ENTIRELY.

Upvote 0

LeeS

aka SpiritPsalmist
Jan 11, 2003
Visit site
✟1,025.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Tentmaker said:
Didaskalos,

Thank you for granting me permission to posts my "cryptic messages" here. As for the alledged "pot shots and sarcastic quips", my posts are usually based on the content, texture, and direction of those posts I'm responding to.

The large majority of posts on theology by CF members are based on assumptions so rank that they deserve nothing more than cryptic response.

A frank discussion is one thing; unfounded, unsupported, and fantasyland assumptions are SOMETHING ELSE ENTIRELY.
Thank you Tentmaker for your kind words

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Tentmaker said:
Didaskalos,

proof positive that you really just hold us in contempt. Still, you are welcome to query, if you ever chose to actually persue a reasonable discousion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Tentmaker said:
Didaskalos and Dingo, you two are starting to scare me.
I'm just a puppy dog...
As for my old friend usadingo? Now he is dangerous! :wave:

Upvote 0

Machachachi

Becoming Orthodox
Nov 18, 2003
NE
✟8,347.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
About the Word of Faith movement. IMO(In My Opinion) while the WOF movement has had results, I personally believe that the movement lacks a solid standing. Not so much in the basic theology that ask and you shall recieve and such, but in a real purpose. This opinion comes from someone who was surrounded by the more Money Grubbing version of WOF so it might be tainted:), but why bother? Yeah, so faith is all good and that, but who cares? What good is willing all these things to happen gonna really do for you. I mean who is more loving? The guy who sees the homeless poor beaten man and then PRAYS FOR HIS SOUL, or the guy who picks the guy up and takes care of him? Thats what that whole parable about the Good Samaritan is about.

Yes miracles are cool and what not, but lets be practical, Miracles should not be what we base our lives on, we should be spending time doing things the old fashioned way, cause that after all is defintley time proven to work. Miracles are a finicky, and tempermental sort of thing and simple can't be trusted, I mean how many does the average American see in his life? Maybe 1, maybe, I mean thats my experience.

So we should in essence have faith that God is moving, and we need not worry how or why, cause we wouldn't be able to figure it out even if we tried. So we should spend our time, giving and loving the tried and true way, and when miracles come along, cool.

~Machachachi~

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Machachachi said:
About the Word of Faith movement. IMO(In My Opinion) while the WOF movement has had results, I personally believe that the movement lacks a solid standing. Not so much in the basic theology that ask and you shall recieve and such, but in a real purpose. ...

~Machachachi~
Hey Mac,
You have probably never read or heard WOF teaching. Most people only hear about the controversial stuff(which you have referred to).
For instance, 90% of what Kenyon wrote had little to do with faith for prosperity or even healing. Most of his work had to do with fellowship with God, walking in love, overcoming the world, and defeating the devil.

Upvote 0

Machachachi

Becoming Orthodox
Nov 18, 2003
NE
✟8,347.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
In my reply I did make mention of the fact that I was responding from my experience with the part of the movement which has clearly lost touch with reality. I am not saying anything about Kenyon or anyone in particular in fact. But the point I was making in my post is still relevant regardless of its inacuraccy concerning the real WOF movement.

~Machachachi~

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

victoryword

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
Visit site
✟20,370.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
didaskalos said:
Hey Mac,
You have probably never read or heard WOF teaching. Most people only hear about the controversial stuff(which you have referred to).
For instance, 90% of what Kenyon wrote had little to do with faith for prosperity or even healing. Most of his work had to do with fellowship with God, walking in love, overcoming the world, and defeating the devil.
AMEN Diddy

I also remember about 16 years ago when I was listening to a teaching on soul winning by Jerry Savelle. He was lamenting on the constant emphasis on prosperity and how [Word-Faith] Christians had lost their soul winning zeal (his wife Carolyn told him, "Jerry, what this church needs is a bunch of BAPTISTS." Independent Baptists (the noncalvinist types) are very zealous soul winners).

Jerry began to ask God, "Why do we teach so much on prosperity?" He said that God spoke to him and said, "Jerry, my people have been so poor and needy they had no desire to win souls because they were concentrating more on how to make ends meet. So I raised up teachers who would teach them how to propser and get their needs met. Now my people have become so fat, sassy, and lazy." Thus Jerry Savelle began teaching on soul winning. He has several tape series on the subject.

But Word-Faith critics wil not mention these things. After all, it might defeat their purpose in portraying the leaders as ones who promote greed and selfishness.

Kenyon has one little book on sucess. Even in that book there is very little said about financial prosperity. Hagin's book, "The MIdas Touch" brings a needed balance to the subject.

For the most part, how will the unsaved come to know Christ unless they see a God who cares about His people and desires to answer prayer. Our God is a prayer answering God and He requires not only for us to believe that He exists, but that He also answers prayer (Heb. 11:6). When we can point the heathen to our answers to prayer, this will do more to win them than all of our great oratorical skills.

Upvote 0

Tentmaker

Nov 11, 2003
So. Cal
✟233.00
Faith
Messianic
SnuP said:
proof positive that you really just hold us in contempt. Still, you are welcome to query, if you ever chose to actually persue a reasonable discousion.

SnuP,

The "contempt" of which you speak is not a tool I need to use in this matter. So it stays in my toolbox.

Most of what is posted on this forum is like so much debris left on a beach by ocean tides. It is scattered hither and yon and connection and origin is impossible to determine.

Why do so many posters here avoid the simple and concrete in favor of the vague and impossibly dense?

Upvote 0

usadingo

Jun 24, 2003
Kansas
Visit site
✟281.00
Faith
Christian
didaskalos said:
I'm just a puppy dog...
As for my old friend usadingo? Now he is dangerous! :wave:
Yep. I'll take an insult as well as dish it out. I'm a nice guy, and I'm a jerk. I'll be the first to admit it.
Didaskalos is cool though. Even though we disagree on some things, he at least is kind in everything he writes.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.