Word Faith/Positive Confession

Do you agree with the Word of Faith Movement?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

• I need to know more

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by SnuP
Good post. Faith comes by revelation. by hearing Christ.

Some people have no idea how powerful this idea is. Thats why some try to manufacture a healing out of their soul.

Exactly brother!

And their poor soul is not able to carry such a burden... it becomes depressed, fearful, entertaining doubts etc...  It was never intended for it to carry this load! The soul (mind/emotion/will) does not have the equipment to "believe" anything. I cannot count the times I have seen some poor saint at the alter straining their brain trying to believe something. As if by concentrating real hard or crying and being really sincere they could somehow "believe". It just does not work that way. Faith comes by having the word spoken into your spirit by Christ(Rom 10:17). All it takes is one sermon or teaching session under an anointed teacher/preacher. This is why people who heard Jesus and the apostles just jumped up and were healed... it was because the words spoken were alive and went down into the hearers and generated the faith we are talking about!

Praise His Name!

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
They could make their life much easier if they would just stop trying to believe and ask Jesus to speak His answer to them. But they don't real want that because they believe that they would have to face something of themselves that they are hiding. Most christians are looking for a miracle seperate from God. They want Him to just reach out His hand, but they don't really want Him. They love their sin to much.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
They could make their life much easier if they would just stop trying to believe and ask Jesus to speak His answer to them. But they don't real want that because they believe that they would have to face something of themselves that they are hiding. Most christians are looking for a miracle seperate from God. They want Him to just reach out His hand, but they don't really want Him. They love their sin to much.

:D That was a difficult thing for me to come to grips with regarding my surgery.  But one day it just dropped in my spirit that God was not dissapointed with me.  I was not a dissapointment to anyone but myself. 

I had to realize that I'm healed by His stripes and His stripes alone.  Since my faith needed building then I started to build and I just keep building.  Line upon line and precept upon precept. I keep my attention on Him because He's the healer.  It's a done deal.  My circumstances and my feelings/emotions do not change the Word of God. :)

Thank you Jesus.  Even when we are faithless, He remains faithful.  He is so wonderful and awesome.   :bow:

Thanks to Andrew, Snup, and didaskalos.  Sure do appreciate you guys a bunch.  You're great incouragers.

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
John 15:
7If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 8Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

Let us be like Jesus was and only speak what God is speaking, and only confess what God is confessing. This means that we must learn to listen. Notice how the scripture ties a connection between Christ words abiding in you and producing fruit. This tells me that the verbal relationship that I have with Christ is the secret to all that is of Christ, including healing, prosperity, blessings, annointing, and fruit.

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Originally posted by Quaffer
Thanks to Andrew, Snup, and didaskalos.  Sure do appreciate you guys a bunch.  You're great incouragers. 

I know that I speak for all of us when I say that you are a blessing to us.  Don't ever go somewhere else, we need you.

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Its because of the previlence of this problem that WOF has gotten a bad name.  If there was more accurate teaching out there then there would be less error and people would began to understand God's reality.  There is much need for the body of Christ to have ears to hear, rather than mouths to speak whatever the soul and flesh want.

Didaskalos, I thank God that there is one such as you to help teach us to learn how better to hear God, and to learn to recieve more from the spirit of Christ that we may become more fruitful.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by Quaffer
 :D That was a difficult thing for me to come to grips with regarding my surgery.  But one day it just dropped in my spirit that God was not dissapointed with me.  I was not a dissapointment to anyone but myself.  

Quaffer,
While I was reading your post, my heart(or should we say the spirit of Christ in me) went out to you, The Lord really wants to confirm in you the love He has for you. He has seen your striving for the word's sake and your faithfulness as well as your seeking after Him. Know that your efforts have not gone unnoticed, and that His promise that those who seek will find is surely true concerning you! You are a flower in the garden of God, and sweetness and a joy. Be strong in Him, and look forward to that reward that awaits all who love Him. Blessings to you, and know that you are a blessing to me.

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Originally posted by didaskalos

Quaffer,
While I was reading your post, my heart(or should we say the spirit of Christ in me) went out to you, The Lord really wants to confirm in you the love He has for you. He has seen your striving for the word's sake and your faithfulness as well as your seeking after Him. Know that your efforts have not gone unnoticed, and that His promise that those who seek will find is surely true concerning you! You are a flower in the garden of God, and sweetness and a joy. Be strong in Him, and look forward to that reward that awaits all who love Him. Blessings to you, and know that you are a blessing to me.

Well said, I completely agree, she is a flower. 

I think that you were just prophecing from your spirit.  Did I discern that correctly?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"They could make their life much easier if they would just stop trying to believe and ask Jesus to speak His answer to them."

Okay, I must admit I'm one of those guilty ones. My question is: how do you guys go about hearing from Jesus himself (what HE has to say abt your particular situation) when you encounter a problem. Quiet time? Bible reading?

thanks

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
sometimes you can't, you need someone else to help you. I've discovered that if you can just stop every thing around you for a momment. Get your heart right before God. And just be still. Then you can invite the presence of God to come into your situation, and ask God for His answer. You must be willing to exept what ever He gives you as His will, and not have any expectations.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by Andrew
"They could make their life much easier if they would just stop trying to believe and ask Jesus to speak His answer to them."

Okay, I must admit I'm one of those guilty ones. My question is: how do you guys go about hearing from Jesus himself (what HE has to say abt your particular situation) when you encounter a problem. Quiet time? Bible reading?

thanks

Hey Andrew,

Well, I first find out what the Word says on the issue.  And I know that you do that already.  But then I ask Him to show me.

Like in my testimony about healing, when I first asked God for a scripture and He gave me about not being under the law of sin and death.  As I shared, the day after He gave me that, when I called the doctor and was telling her nurse about what was going on.  The first words out of her mouth were "yup, that's the law". And when I questioned her on what she meant, she kinda stammered and said, "Oh, I mean that's the way things are as you get older".  The fact that she "accidently" :)  (yeah right) used the word law was to me a confirmation that, that scripture was from God.

We just have to keep our eyes and ears open and trust that when He speaks and moves, we will see and hear. 

You're a blessing to us brother.  Glad your here.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Back in the 80s the Lord gave me a dream (part of my gifting includes dreams from the Lord).

In this dream I saw a man standing in the middle of the road. Suddenly a flaming sword appeared and slashed this man across the belly. It sounds gross, but I was not bothered at all as it all seemed very animated and there was no blood or anything like that. It was more like a model was being opened up. The top half of the man just kind of toppled backwards like a trunk lid being opened. I could see the organs located in the lower half of the man. Like I said it was not gross and there was no blood. I saw bowels and kidneys and plumbing etc... and then the Lord said "I am going to show you about the inner workings of man." And I woke up. Since that time, He has shown me from scripture how we can do just what you are asking.... communicate with the Lord and know His will on a moment by moment basis.

I will try and share some later... some of this is in my other posts if you happened across them in other threads.

Blessings

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Patience is the only real way to hear God. Everythng else is just us. Maybe you should ask God to show you the reason that you are having this problem. In other words, blaming your self for a lack of self-discipline may not be the answer or the real reason that you have encountered this roadblock. It may be some unresolved sin (fear, bitterness, anger, etc..). Not saying that this is your problem, but it is one possiblity. I incountered this problem before. Anyways, God's understands and He is just patiently waiting.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by Andrew
thanks guys! the frustration is that I know all this already and have even experienced it a few times but lately, I just dont have the discipline to sit still and 'do nothing' but wait on the Lord!

God speaks to me most when I'm in the midst of activity.  He uses the things around me to speak.  The birds, my pets, the plumbing backing up in my house, etc.  That seems to be how I hear Him the best.

Be blessed!

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
When I went to the Philippines a few years ago, my son was around a year old. I should have waited 'tell he was a bit older, but I got some bad advise from my brother. Anyways, because of the conditions there, my son came down with a fever. We were staying over night at a hotel in Manila and I remember praying for about 4 or 5 hours for my son, for God to heal him. I just prayed 'tell I was to tried to pray anymore, and then I went to sleep.

The next day we flew to Hong Kong. My son was ok, he was playing with the lego toys at the airport, but he still was warm and had a fever and I was still worried. A women we knew was going to meet us at the airport in Hong Kong. She was a relation of my wife. When we got there, the first thing I did was to ask her to pray for my son. She prayed for him and instantly the fever left him. He was fine after that.

Now, why did I pray for 5 hours and get no results. When she prayed for about 5 seconds and got results. The answer is simple. She had an annointing. God worked though her. It is not our prayers that heal, it is the power of God that heals.

Sometimes I have an annointing, and when I pray people are healed. As far as faith, that is a work of the Holy Spirit of God in us. If we do not have the Holy Spirit, we will not have the divine faith we need.

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"Sometimes I have an annointing, and when I pray people are healed. As far as faith, that is a work of the Holy Spirit of God in us. If we do not have the Holy Spirit, we will not have the divine faith we need."

I agree, the Holy Spirit does heal through us, but not always, and that doesn't mean we have any less faith.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.