United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
*You are in the Catholic forum*

"Woodstock wasn't peace and love...By the time it all ended, the worst sides of our nature had come out."
-Roger Daltrey

Continued below.
Woodstock and the Counterfeit Kingdom

• Agree
Reactions: charsan

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
I was young kid and remember the summer of love and Woodstock. There was a definite divide in society, that being between the hippies and those of ordinary stock.

A lot of guys older than me went off to Vietnam and many never came home alive. Those against the war were disrespectful of those who chose to serve. Some took off to Canada and many later learned to regret their decision.

I remember the Mothers on my street running out of their front doors and down the street to Mrs. Collins house, there was a big commotion. Steven Collins was being flown to a burn center in Japan, he had had been severely wounded in a mortar attack in Vietnam and had 3rd degree burns over 90% of his body. Steven died days later. That left a big impression on me. The guys that did make it back were raging and drowning their pain in booze and drugs handed out by the VA.

It seemed society had been divided on a permanent basis, which we see now escalating to a level of a coming violence. The same forces are at hand.

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0