Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,617.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Whereas the object and purpose of our instruction and charge is love, which springs from a pure heart and a good (clear) conscience and sincere (unfeigned) faith." (I Tim 1:5 AMPC)

So why do we focus on the numbers as the determining factor of the church's success? Though I understand those things are measurable. But what does the church look like when I Tim 1:5 is the measuring stick?

It's not -
"But certain individuals have missed the mark on this very matter [and] have wandered away into vain arguments and discussions and purposeless talk." (I Tim 1:6) AMPC

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,617.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Read "Under the Overpass." These 2 guys intentionally appeared to be homeless to see how they would be treated.. A few didn't want them on their church property. These guys weren't on drugs, threatening anyone, nor asking for money, etc. A few times, a minister would sneak them food and/or supplies and apologize.

But I know of cases where churches helped those who were hungry, lonely, and homeless. Also, seen a few asking - demanding for the church if we were really Christian to pay their utility or cell bill or provide steaks for their family.

It can be a delicate balance.

Armor up Eph 6:10-18

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,617.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Recently listening to a dr who said research (after considering those who smoke and baseline health) shows that people who volunteer live longer, stay out of nursing homes longer, are less depressed, have less disability, and less dementia compared to those who dont volunteer. Who knew? I thought we were just trying to help others.

Upvote 0