• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Women's ultimate responsibility for world's sin

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by kdm1984, Aug 12, 2019.

1. kdm1984

kdm1984 LCMS Lutheran

+148
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    EDIT: I have adjusted my thesis on this a bit after further discussion and analysis of Scripture with some here. Woman was deceived, but Scripture says sin came through one man (Adam), so I no longer view sin as fully woman's responsibility. See pages 6, 7, 8 of this thread for further explanation and context.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. thecolorsblend

thecolorsblend If God is your Father, who is your Mother?

+5,544
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I consider myself one of the more regressive types on CF.

And even I found parts of this a little shocking. Even so...

man-this-is-gonna-be-good-mematic-net-9427874.png

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. LaBèlla

LaBèlla His little lady

+2,825
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Adam could have intervened. He had many opportunities to do so before she ate. His complicity and inaction was duly punished.

A feminist could turn your argument on its head and lay the blame at his feet because he failed to man up and protect her. They would call his behavior passive and probably digress into diatribes about beta males ad nauseam.

God charged both with sin. Our natural reason doesn’t set aside His wisdom. I am not a feminist but I can see a litany of holes in your theory. Let’s stick with His instead.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Jonaitis

Jonaitis Soli Deo Gloria

+2,169
    United States
    Reformed
    Single
    US-Republican
    I always thought that the reason Satan beguiled Eve, the weaker vessel, first was to make Adam fall, who may have been a little more difficult to tempt.

5. redleghunter

redleghunter Thank You Jesus! Supporter

+27,822
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Adam was standing there watching Eve be deceived by the serpent.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  6. Mountainmanbob

Mountainmanbob Goat Whisperer Supporter

+7,185
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Bible says that Adam was standing next to Eve when she ate the fruit.

Adam is just as guilty if not more so.

M-Bob

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. yeshuaslavejeff

yeshuaslavejeff simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua

+8,605
    Anabaptist
    There's many more reasons, really only one needed, to reject 'feminism' all the time.
    It is not from Jesus, and thus is not ever in line with His Word, His Plan nor His Purpose.

Adam when he sinned, forfeit the world to the enemy hasatan. Adam had been the one given authority.
    So Chaveh is not the only one by any means responsible.
    Adam was responsible also.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. grandvizier1006

grandvizier1006 Still a human by God's grace Supporter

+2,105
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    No, that's ridiculous. Even in Scripture Paul doesn't place the blame entirely on Eve. And women being raped, murdered, etc., is not something the entire world can be blamed for. God assigns individual responsibility for their sins as well as corporate. The perpetrator of the crime is to blame, not everyone else around him or her.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. yeshuaslavejeff

+8,605
    Anabaptist
    This sounds to me like part of a much bigger picture - a platter full of doctrines from some school or some evangelists or some teacher.... not altogether right, nor altogether wrong.... but each point must be fully vetted - TEST EVERYTHING -
    each point tested and proven true or false, in line and harmony with God's Word or not.

10. SoldierOfTheKing

SoldierOfTheKing Christian Spenglerian

+2,082
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    The problem with feminism is not about who brought sin into the world. The problem with feminism is that it turns men and women against each other, to the detriment of both.

11. LaBèlla

LaBèlla His little lady

+2,825
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    This is a sad example of why we need more godly women who broach the topic of biblical submission with wisdom and grace. Blaming feminism for errant theology and exegesis is irresponsible. No amount of feminist rhetoric could have led you to this point. You are debasing your sex and its repugnant.

12. thecolorsblend

thecolorsblend If God is your Father, who is your Mother?

+5,544
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. section9+1

section9+1 Well-Known Member

+757
    Christian
    Married
    Well, sort of, but I think men share the guilt. Somehow instead of man's helper and partner, women has become his competitor. It has happened because men have allowed it. Women are thinkers, doers, workers, and ready participants in all things. Men let them. It is inevitable that their influence would change the world. Give people a voice and it will get used. Christianity is a prime example of the influence and power of women.

14. yeshuaslavejeff

+8,605
    Anabaptist
    "Their influence" did indeed change the world - making it much worse.

With very few exceptions, not of the world - and not changing the world,

as society cannot be "cleaned up" nor saved.

15. section9+1

section9+1 Well-Known Member

+757
    Christian
    Married
    They sure did make it more complicated.

16. bling

bling Regular Member Supporter

+843
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Of the 1100+ time “with” is used in scripture, how many times does it mean “in close proximity”?

“With” usually means you are “with the person” in contrast to being “against the person”.

“With” can mean sexual intercourse, but that does not seem to be the meaning in Gen. 3.

God made Adam and raised Adam to manhood (programmed Him) to be “very good” by God’s standard so to suggest Adam was right there with Eve and did not speak up makes Adam out to be lousy and not “very good”, by God’s standard.

There is a ton of stuff we can learn from the Garden story, but lets just say: “I am very thankful to both Adam and Eve for going through the garden experience and thus showing me and them how lousy the Garden scenario was for humans to fulfill their earthly objective.

17. Willie T

Willie T St. Petersburg Vineyard

+1,724
    Christian
    Married
    I thought it was Adam, not Eve, that God directly told what he was not to do. Did he not know what it was Eve was offering to him?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. yeshuaslavejeff

+8,605
    Anabaptist
    Feminists are wrong and in error, regardless of where the blame lies.

19. Halbhh

Halbhh The wonder and awe of "all things" Supporter

+4,261
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Adam chose for himself. It's not like Eve was his will/mind, and he had no choice.

20. yeshuaslavejeff

+8,605
    Anabaptist
    "Adam was not deceived", remember ? Thus it seem readily apparent that yes, he definitely knew.