Visit site
✟311,047.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is not applied only to married women. The verses apply to believers in gatherings as Paul wrote to Timothy about his work among the saints.

"14 These things write I unto thee, hoping to come unto thee shortly: 15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth."(1 Timothy 3:14,15 KJV)

"3 As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine,"

And Paul mentions not allowing a women to teach over the man. The Greek here does not specifically say the woman here is married. it could be for both single or married women. Paul then goes back to creation to prove his point, (bot appealing to the cultures of men as some try to say), when there was only one man and one woman.

The head of EVERY man is Christ and the head of the woman is the man. This refers to all men not just married men. But the married women are to be examples to the married women and to teach them by example, for the time when they may get married.

"8 I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting. 9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; 10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works. 11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression."( 1 Timothy 2:8-13 KJV)

This learning of the women was in church gatherings as the context clearly shows. But teaching others who were men in the gatherings (or in her home) is also shown and this is the natural sense of the text. Paul then gives a general principle of eve being deceived and not Adam as part of the reason for women not teaching over the men. This reason is not defined only in the marriage situation. This is very similar to Paul's words for all the churches when he said "Let your (speaking to all the Corinthians) women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak;"

Paul taught the same things everywhere in every church as we see a similarity to this here

"33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints. 34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. 35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.36 What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?"(1 Cor 14:33-35 KJV)

the expression "your women", refers to all the women of the Corinthians church, and by extension all women of all churches) the words to the specific issue of a woman questioning or judging her husband in the meeting are also defined.

and yes, Paul taught the same order to all churches everywhere.

1 Corinthians 4:17
For this cause have I sent unto you Timotheus, who is my beloved son, and faithful in the Lord, who shall bring you into remembrance of my ways which be in Christ, as I teach every where in every church."

1 Corinthians 1:2
"Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:"

also in 2 Timothy Paul defines who does the teaching and he said

"2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also."

to try and say Paul is not telling Timothy to address the church with this instruction that women should not teach men nor usurp authority over the man is not right. And to imply that this is only for the home is also not right.

In the church we read of in scripture, the believers gathered as the church in homes. In those homes there may be a a man who is an overseer along with other elder/overseers having meetings in his home. During the week he will rule well his own home as Paul also said to Timothy in 1 Timothy 3. Now if the meetings are in the home of that overseer ( Bishop), his wife will be in submission to him in the home during the week and espescially in the home there as the saints gather and have a meeting. This applies to both the church and home here. As the saints are gathered. So yes, what applies to the home applies to the church as they gather in the home as well. God is not the authour of confuision. Imagine if the children behold their mother submitting to the father during the week and not judging him or teaching over him, then n the meetings in their home with the saints there she judges him and teaches over him. This would cause confusion.

"3 This is a true saying, if a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;

4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;

5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)
God can't even control His unruly children, but good luck with that.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Yes the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. And all can witness for Jesus. This was not the women teaching over the men and correcting f judging them.

I'm fascinated by the need to lessen, devalue, and ultimately do away with the contribution of women in the Church--including what is recorded for us right in the pages of Holy Scripture. Just so one can assert their masculine primacy.

I'm sure psychologists have lots of theories as for why, but that's probably best left to a different conversation.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,047.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm fascinated by the need to lessen, devalue, and ultimately do away with the contribution of women in the Church--including what is recorded for us right in the pages of Holy Scripture. Just so one can assert their masculine primacy.

I'm sure psychologists have lots of theories as for why, but that's probably best left to a different conversation.

-CryptoLutheran
It doesn't fascinate me it repulses me. I think that 'they' are not sensitive to the fact that it is the church they are demeaning so don't feel the sins as applied to them.

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Biblical QFT
Matthew 20:16
Matthew 19:30

The other point was my own observation. Those complaining and asserting authority are more likely to be abusive individuals btw.

Most women have no problem submitting to good man. There is a lot of freedom in that. A lot less pressure and more time devoted to prayer.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,047.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 20:16
Matthew 19:30

The other point was my own observation. Those complaining and asserting authority are more likely to be abusive individuals btw.

Most women have no problem submitting to good man. There is a lot of freedom in that. A lot less pressure and more time devoted to prayer.
Mutual submission is the example I believe is right. Is that biblical?

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mutual submission is the example I believe is right. Is that biblical?

Yes. What I also have noted over time is that those who rave about women submitting rarely note that more responsibility was given to men to treat women with care. They had more instructions given. We have only been told to respect, submit and had our responsibility to persuade unrighteous husbands out the error of there ways. Reading these threads makes one understand why.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Christ builds His church from within us
Jun 29, 2015
✟166,339.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Let women LEARN in silence.
Of course; if you don't keep silent you will not hear, understand or learn what is being said. Everyone should learn in silence.

No you miss the meaning here. Everyone when the man is teaching should learn and consider what is said. But the men can respond and judge what is said and correct etc but women should not enter into this kind of correction teaching or judging men. The men do not have to learn in silence, they can judge what is said and speak out reproof rebuke correction etc as we see many times in scripture. Read Acts 15 and see how the men spoke and see if you see one woman judging or correcting or speaking in that time. Yes the whole church can agree to things and say amen, women included, but the teaching is not allowed by women as Paul clearly said. Paul said

"11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection."

the word "subjection" here means -under obedience to submit.

Paul also spoke of this silence and obedience or (subjection) in 1 Cor 14 when he said

"34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law." (the "your women"would refer to all the women of the church f Corinth married or unmarried.)

Paul then said they should not teach over men or dominate over them. But in this regard to be SILENT.

"12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence."

he silence here refers to the KIND of speaking. As I showed in my first post women can speak in prophecy and spiritual ways such as prayer song, testimony, revelation but they cannot speak in teaching and judging and correcting the men in the meetings espescially doing so to their husbands. This is the clear teaching.

We've already seen that women taught.

Yes they can teach other women and children etc. But this is not the kind of speaking Paul is saying to not allow.

If Paul wanted to be quite clear that women could not teach anything, at all, why didn't he say that the Spirit would never give the gift of teaching to a woman, 1 Corinthians 12:28, Romans 12:7?

Those verses you quote say nothing of women teaching in fact it seems to imply only men as we read,

"7 Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;"(Romans 12:7 KJV)

It doesn't say "she that teacheth"

"What does it mean to usurp - snatch by force - authority?

No it means "to act of oneself, to dominate"

some churches recognises the authority that he gives to some women, and freely allow them to fulfill their God-given calling,

No some churches are ignorant of God's commands and order for the churches and are swayed by the modern world and women's lib etc and the corrupt culture of the day that attacks the family and true biblical teachings and sound doctrine.

Sound doctrine is the issue here as well we read

But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:

"2 That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience. 3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; 4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, 5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed."

Sadly the word of God seems blasphemed by many in this regard.

Yes, she was deceived.

This is part of the reason women should not be teachers, as we are seeing also in your answers here.

Paul had already taught elsewhere that women could pray and prophesy in church; prophesy is not a silent activity. So why, in one of the last letters that he wrote, is he suddenly saying that women should be silent?
As for "usurping authority"; as a Jew, he knew that God had raised up Deborah to be head of the whole nation.

Prophecy is not the person speaking of themself. It is God speaking and giving revelation etc. This is not like a teacher who can teach anything he has already understood .

Jesus said to the disciples at one time

19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. 20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you."(Matthew 10:19,20 KJV)

So here we see that even though they would utter words, it was not them that speak. This is the same for Deborah a prophetess and for those who prophesy.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,047.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes. What I also have noted over time is that those who rave about women submitting rarely not that more responsibility was given to men to treat women with care. They had more instructions given. We have only been told to respect, submit and had our responsibility to persuade unrighteous husbands out the error of there ways. Reading these threads makes one understand why.
From what I understand of the biblical application of the bible toward gender is that men need respect and women need love biologically to have a sense of satisfaction in any intercourse. Literally. But there is no respect where no love dwells. And there is no love where disrespect dwells. That seems to be the surmise of what I can see therein. Loving neighbour takes both love and respect.

Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟166,339.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

-CryptoLutheran
in my case as I have helped to plant churches for many years,. At first I wanted all women and men to do all things equally and I did not see any issue with women speaking. But very soon as I began such a work the Lord showed me His order and the order of the family and the church. I saw first hand many women who were godly women who already walked in that command to be in subjection and silent in teaching and judging of men and their husbands. But when we started to walk more fully in this command, we saw some women who strongly dominated over their husbands and judged them strongly in the meeting, these women were so different than the other godly women who were silent in this way. But I have heard many women have revelations and prophecy and testify and pray in gatherings it is wonderful.

Sometimes if the men do not feel usurped or dominated by the woman who may speak in the meeting there is much grace But when they become dominating and judge and teach over men this is not allowed and a warning will come and rebuke. This can cause fear in the assembly. Just as when those who sin are rebuked before all that others also may fear.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,047.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
in my case as I have helped to plant churches for many years,. At first I wanted all women and men to do all things equally and I did not see any issue with women speaking. But very soon as I began such a work the Lord showed me His order and the order of the family and the church. I saw first hand many women who were godly women who already walked in that command to be in subjection and silent in teaching and judging of men and their husbands. But when we started to walk more fully in this command, we saw some women who strongly dominated over their husbands and judged them strongly in the meeting, these women were so different than the other godly women who were silent in this way. But I have heard many women have revelations and prophecy and testify and pray in gatherings it is wonderful.

Sometimes if the men do not feel usurped or dominated by the woman who may speak in the meeting there is much grace But wen they become dominating and judge and teach over men this is not allowed and a warning will come and rebuke. This can cause fear in the assembly. Just as when those who sin are rebuked before all that others also may fear.
Your dominance over others and strong judgements are no less irritating. Your replies are full of I I I's and You, you you. How is that proper exegesis

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,049,893.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is not applied only to married women. The verses apply to believers in gatherings as Paul wrote to Timothy about his work among the saints.

"14 These things write I unto thee, hoping to come unto thee shortly: 15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth."(1 Timothy 3:14,15 KJV)

"3 As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine,"

1 Timothy was one of the last letters that Paul wrote.
In his letter to the Romans, he praised his female co workers who he said had worked tirelessly for the Gospel.
In his letter to the Philippians, he addressed the deaconesses they had there.
If you read Acts 16, Lydia, and other women, were the first converts in Philippi and may have helped to found the church. If you read Acts 18, Paul met Priscilla and Aquila, took them with him to Ephesus, where he left them, and they met, and taught, Apollos. Paul commends them in Romans 16:3-4.
Paul had a long ministry which involved working alongside women who were proclaiming, and promoting, the Gospel; why, near to the end of his life would he suddenly say "I don't allow women to speak"?

And Paul mentions not allowing a women to teach over the man.

A woman, not ALL women - how do you know he wasn't thinking of someone in particular?
Prophecy involves an element of teaching - teaching people what God wants, and is saying. Why did Paul allow prophecy and not teaching?

The Greek here does not specifically say the woman here is married. it could be for both single or married women. Paul then goes back to creation to prove his point,

No, it doesn't prove his point at all.
Man was created before woman - according to Genesis 2; Paul doesn't comment on Genesis 1 where it says that God created male and female in his image.
Dogs were created before men; does that prove that dogs are greater than, and have authority over, men?

The head of EVERY man is Christ and the head of the woman is the man. This refers to all men not just married men.

You're mixing up the marriage relationship with the role of a woman to teach/preach/lead a church.
The latter is a calling, but it is also a job; clergy can be fired, retired, promoted or can resign. They can be moved on, by bishops, or have their role in the church ended. Husbands can't.
A member of the clergy does not have the relationship with the church that they have with their wives/husbands.

The head of EVERY man is Christ and the head of the woman is the man.

Christ is my head too; not my husband.

"8 I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting. 9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;

So Paul told women not to wear gold? What are most wedding rings made of?
He also said that they shouldn't plait their hair or wear pearls; a) as he is dead, how is he going to enforce this? I won't tell him if you don't. B) what has this got to do with worship and the issue of speaking, praising God or testifying to his goodness in church? And c) How many men keep the teaching to lift up holy hands in prayer, without anger? If they don't, how can they berate women for not obeying Scripture?

Paul then gives a general principle of eve being deceived and not Adam as part of the reason for women not teaching over the men.

It's not a sin to be deceived; it just means that you didn't know the facts and were open to being fooled when someone contradicted them.
As opposed to Adam, who knew full well what God had commanded, and disobeyed anyway.
If it is wrong for women to teach because Eve was deceived, it must be wrong for men to teach because Adam was deliberately disobedient.
It makes no sense for someone to say "I'm not going to ordain you as Minister/Pastor in the church; Adam deliberately disobeyed God, therefore you will too, because you're also a man." And if it's wrong/nonsensical to say that of men, it is wrong/nonsensical to say that of women.

This reason is not defined only in the marriage situation.

Paul is not speaking about the marriage relationship - they are two different subjects.

Paul taught the same things everywhere in every church

He didn't in Romans; he spent a whole chapter greeting, thanking and commending fellow apostles and co-workers - a lot of whom were women.
He didn't in Philippians either - he told people to help Euodia and Syntyche, who were probably deaconesses; because they had worked hard for the Gospel and their names were written in the book of life. Note, saved - not struck off for being women in ministry.

This is very similar to Paul's words for all the churches when he said "Let your (speaking to all the Corinthians) women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak;"

Read the next verse, rather than taking words out of context;
"if they want to enquire about anything, they should ask their OWN husbands at home", 1 Corinthians 14:35.
Clearly the women were speaking to ask questions in the service - and were apparently asking any man rather than their own husbands. If this had not been happening, Paul wouldn't have said, or needed to emphasise, it.
If you want to tie this teaching in with submission in marriage, that fits - ask your own husbands, at home, not someone else's in the service.

the expression "your women", refers to all the women of the Corinthians church, and by extension all women of all churches)

Why "by extension all women of all churches"?
Where does the Holy Spirit say we have to apply something that was written then, in that culture and to that church, to today? Because if he doesn't, then that is making an assumption.

Paul teaches churches to care for their slaves. Does that mean that, by extension, we should too? Slavery has been abolished; should we reintroduce it so that we can obey Scripture?
Paul taught, in 1 Timothy 5, that widows under the age of 60 should get no financial assistance from the church (charming!) Does that mean that if we know someone who is widowed at a young age with a family, we can, and should, ignore their plight because Scripture says so?
Jesus told us to wash one another's feet. In those days, feet got very dirty from walking on dusty roads, wither bare foot, or in open toed sandals. So a slave would greet a visitor and wash their feet.
These days we wear socks/tights, shoes and drive in cars; should we walk everywhere and wear open toed sandals and demand that our friends greet us by washing our smelly feet?

Paul taught the same things everywhere in every church

No, a few verses in his 1st letter to the Corinthians, does not equal "everywhere in every church".
Where do=oes he say this in Galatians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 Thessalonians and so on?

to try and say Paul is not telling Timothy to address the church with this instruction that women should not teach men nor usurp authority over the man is not right.

He WAS saying that, to A church that had a problem with it.
He doesn't say, "and even if the church continues for another 2000 years in different cultures, this will still apply."

To be continued

• Winner
Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟166,339.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Read the next verse, rather than taking words out of context;
"if they want to enquire about anything, they should ask their OWN husbands at home", 1 Corinthians 14:35.
Clearly the women were speaking to ask questions in the service - and were apparently asking any man rather than their own husbands.
You are wrong no here , we do not read the word “own” in the real bible

“ 1 Corinthians 14 - 35. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.”

There is so much to correct in your words I will have to consider this later but this part is glaring above

And I never said women can’t speak at all as many many churches today teach.

I also did not say women can’t be used in evangelism and ministry. I am speaking of the church gathering in homes and the body ministry together as well as the man’s relation and rule in his home. Sometimes they both overlap they may have meetings in their home.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You are wrong no here we read no word “own” in the real bible

The “real” Bible? There are many versions of the Bible. Some are better translations than others but I don’t think that any is more “real” than others.

And I never said women can’t speak at all as many many churches today teach.

Exactly where are these “many many churches” that today teach that women can’t speak? I don’t know of many that hold such a view.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟166,339.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The “real” Bible? There are many versions of the Bible. Some are better translations than others but I don’t think that any is more “real” than others.

Yes the real Bible is the King James version for English. And yes that's about a 45 hour talk, not for this discussion. Many have discussed this already all over the place if your interested.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟166,339.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Exactly where are these “many many churches” that today teach that women can’t speak? I don’t know of many that hold such a view.
Here is just some info. there are more. But even if the entire world went away from God's order and commands for the churches everywhere for all times. That would not make them right.

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today and forever. God's order is not different from one church gathering to the next That would be confusion, and God is not the author of confusion.

http://www2.cbeinternational.org/ne...ng/denominations first installment--FINAL.pdf

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟166,339.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, a few verses in his 1st letter to the Corinthians, does not equal "everywhere in every church".
Where do=oes he say this in Galatians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 Thessalonians and so on?
Yes it does and as far as what Paul wrote being for all the churches everywhere, here is what Paul said

"Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:"

Notice, with all in every place. And we read

"33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints. 34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. 35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.36 What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only? 37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord. 38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant."(1 Cor 14:33-38)

1 Corinthians 4:17
For this cause have I sent unto you Timotheus, who is my beloved son, and faithful in the Lord, who shall bring you into remembrance of my ways which be in Christ, as I teach every where in every church." (how much clearer can he be, "everywhere means everywhere all over, in and in every church, excludes none)

1 Corinthians 7:17
But as God hath distributed to every man, as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk. And so ordain I in all churches."

and the churches you mentioned Paul was giving them the same order and commands. As he said in "all the churches of the saints", and everywhere in every place. It couldn't be clearer to the one who simply hears and believes. But to those who dont like what scripture says in this matter they seem to try and twist it and escape the clear consequence. This is not right and spiritually dangerous.

Paul did say in his letter to the Philippians

"16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.
17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample."(Phil 3:16,17 KJV)

"9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you."(Philippians 4:9 KJV)

To the Colossians Paul said things about the similarity of the churches and message and the unity of all churches.

"6 Which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth:"

"5 For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ.

6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:"(Colossians 2:5 KJV)

"16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
15 Salute the brethren which are in Laodicea, and Nymphas, and the church which is in his house.
18 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord."(Colossians 3:16,17 KJV)

"10 Aristarchus my fellowprisoner saluteth you, and Marcus, sister's son to Barnabas, (touching whom ye received commandments: if he come unto you, receive him )"( Colossians 4:19 KJV)

"15 Salute the brethren which are in Laodicea, and Nymphas, and the church which is in his house. 16 And when this epistle is read among you, cause that it be read also in the church of the Laodiceans; and that ye likewise read the epistle from Laodicea."

In 1 Thessalonians we read

"14 For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews:"(1 Thess 2:14 KJV)

"2 For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus."( 1 Thess 4:2 KJV)

Acts 15:41
And he went through Syria and Cilicia, confirming the churches.

Acts 16:5
And so were the churches established in the faith, and increased in number daily.

2 Corinthians 11:28
Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches.

etc

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes the real Bible is the King James version for English. And yes that's about a 45 hour talk, not for this discussion. Many have discussed this already all over the place if your interested.
Yes, I’ve seen those discussions. Those who say that KJV is the “real” Bible are, of course, wrong but you are, of course entitled to your own views on the matter.

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟166,339.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
is that men need respect and women.../
Yet, we read in holy scripture

"My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons...9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors."(James 2:1,,9)

Loving neighbour takes both love and respect..
Yet, we read in holy scripture

"8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors."(James 2:1,8,9)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.