✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
How old are you?
Older than a lot of the other women on singles. (I'm not in my 20's)

And what about marriage is more attractive than being single?
I want to be able to freely love one person and to be loved in return. I want friendship and a bond that is just not possible if you are single.

How do you think it would change your life?
How would it NOT change my life? ^_^

Why do you want to be married?
As stated above I want to freely love one person and to be loved in return. I want to learn everything about him and to take care of him, not because I have to but because I delight in doing it. I want companionship and a friendship on another level. I want to share joys, pains, and life with him. I also want a lover who is just mine (and I am just his) until we die.

Upvote 0

Swords&Sunflowers

May 10, 2018
✟176,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I think that men and women have different reasons for wanting to get married so I am going to separate the sexes with two different posts.

How old are you? And what about marriage is more attractive than being single? How do you think it would change your life? Why do you want to be married?

Lol my relationship stats right now is celibate, but I do want to get married one day.

I'm in my late twenties.
Honestly, I have not yet experienced living totally alone in my life yet, but I've been single since the day i was born lol, deep inside i longed for a guy who has character and a deep relationship with God, over the years, I just haven't found a person compatible to me, to the point i got frustrated and went for someone who was the total opposite, but it was an online relationship (ldr) so idk if it counts. In total i only had 2 online bf lol, idk if it counts. But i had guy friends in real life, wasn't attracted to them though, they had character but I just felt was missing something, it was like i couldn't sense the fire for God, I love God and I love a man who could talk to me about Him, who could encourage me to grow, who could be a leader and a responsible dad one day to our children. So I don't know why being married would be attractive being that I've not really experienced a "real" bf/gf relationship. But I've grown up moving a lot (my parents were missionaries) and so I built relationships with friends and acquantances, but many times had to leave them, I guess this is one reason I want to find the right person, someone I could go home to. I want to grow old loving and serving God with someone. Simply put, I have a strong desire to get married. It would definitely change my life because marriage is a huge commitment, i would say that 80% of my friends are married, lol i observe a lot and see how they manage family dynamics, etc, and truly in my heart i want that.

I want to share my life with someone, i want intimacy, i want to serve, i want to give, i want to love, i want to be a wife...i know it's hard, it's challenging, there will be ups and downs, but the desire is strong and is there, and in God's perfect timing, i do believe i'll find the right person :) or he will find me...but if not, I'm also okay with it because when desires are surrendered to the Lord, He knows how to fill the heart to overflowing, He is the water of life who doesn't run dry so if He gives or takes away, blessed be His name.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Travelers.Soul

Traveler; Dreamer; Warrior; Coffee lover
Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Lol my relationship stats right now is celibate, but I do want to get married one day.

I'm in my late twenties.
Honestly, I have not yet experienced living totally alone in my life yet, but I've been single since the day i was born lol, deep inside i longed for a guy who has character and a deep relationship with God, over the years, I just haven't found a person compatible to me, to the point i got frustrated and went for someone who was the total opposite, but it was an online relationship (ldr) so idk if it counts. In total i only had 2 online bf lol, idk if it counts. But i had guy friends in real life, wasn't attracted to them though, they had character but I just felt was missing something, it was like i couldn't sense the fire for God, I love God and I love a man who could talk to me about Him, who could encourage me to grow, who could be a leader and a responsible dad one day to our children. So I don't know why being married would be attractive being that I've not really experienced a "real" bf/gf relationship. But I've grown up moving a lot (my parents were missionaries) and so I built relationships with friends and acquantances, but many times had to leave them, I guess this is one reason I want to find the right person, someone I could go home to. I want to grow old loving and serving God with someone. Simply put, I have a strong desire to get married. It would definitely change my life because marriage is a huge commitment, i would say that 80% of my friends are married, lol i observe a lot and see how they manage family dynamics, etc, and truly in my heart i want that.

I want to share my life with someone, i want intimacy, i want to serve, i want to give, i want to love, i want to be a wife...i know it's hard, it's challenging, there will be ups and downs, but the desire is strong and is there, and in God's perfect timing, i do believe i'll find the right person :) or he will find me...but if not, I'm also okay with it because when desires are surrendered to the Lord, He knows how to fill the heart to overflowing, He is the water of life who doesn't run dry so if He gives or takes away, blessed be His name.
Amen, girl! I agree with you!

Upvote 0

AnnaDeborah

Aug 5, 2018
private
✟30,123.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How old are you?
In my 40s
Nothing
Completely
I don't. But if I ever changed my mind, I guess it would be because I believed I would be more effective working for the Lord as part of a team than as a lone person.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I don't. But if I ever changed my mind, I guess it would be because I believed I would be more effective working for the Lord as part of a team than as a lone person.

I am 52. Have been married and miss it. Would like to marry again. I want a teammate...someone to talk about the mundane to on an intimate level. Hard to describe. However, I do not see how being married would make a person more effective serving God. You actually have less time and money because part of your time and energy have to go to serving your spouse...and you can't be as impulsive when God puts people in your life. At the very least, you have to stop and check in...and verify that there is agreement when giving money.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sea5763

May 9, 2018
California
✟59,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I'm 28 years old. Some days I want to be married and other days I don't. When I was younger I wanted a husband because I just assumed I would find the love of my life by the time I was 24 years old. I thought marriage would make me happy and that it is one of the most wonderful things to have in the world. I would fantasize about relationships because I didn't have any. At this point I've gone the vast majority of my life not being in a relationship, only one ex for three months, and I'm starting to wonder if there is really a point. My main reason at this point in my life to get married is so that when my parents inevitably pass away, I won't be living alone. I've realized from forums and divorce statistics that marriage isn't always a happily ever after. Sometimes I want a husband so badly and feel like I'm missing out on life because I don't have one, and then other days I think why should I bother if I've gone this far in life and clearly don't need one. I know that if I marry someone abusive then my life will become a living hell so I tell myself I'm better being cautious, and then other times I just get desperate, but that usually doesn't result in any actions taken.

Upvote 0

AnnaDeborah

Aug 5, 2018
private
✟30,123.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am 52. Have been married and miss it. Would like to marry again. I want a teammate...someone to talk about the mundane to on an intimate level. Hard to describe. However, I do not see how being married would make a person more effective serving God. You actually have less time and money because part of your time and energy have to go to serving your spouse...and you can't be as impulsive when God puts people in your life. At the very least, you have to stop and check in...and verify that there is agreement when giving money.
There are some ministries that are harder to do if you are single. And you can actually end up with more time and money as a couple because it is not much more expensive/time consuming to run a household with two in it than one, yet you have two people to do the work and potentially two incomes if children are not involved. I'm also thinking of a couple I know, where both partners had a ministry beforehand, but where their effectiveness, as far as outward observation can tell, and according to their own words, has more than doubled with their marriage. I think this only happens where each partner has the same vision, so married, they spur each other on and pool their resources to become more effective.

As for marriage in general -just about every Christian couple I see, they are either constantly sniping at each other in public, putting each other down all the time, or they have 'peace' just because one is too crushed to have an opinion and the other half gets exactly what he/she wants. Or you get the couples who 'get on' because their lives are so separate that they hardy ever meet. I must have encountered 100s of married couples in my lifetime, yet I can count on one hand the couples who behaved toward each other in such a way as to make me think marriage might be a good idea! And of course, there's no saying how they behaved to each other when no one is around to see, so even those marriages might not have been that great.

Upvote 0

Somber

꧁✿❁❀❁✿꧂
Oct 23, 2011
The Fairy Ring
✟101,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
How old are you?
I'm 26. =)

I think that marriage can be a beautiful union. I see a lot of beauty in those who commit to each other, and love each other so deeply and sincerely, although from how I see it I will not say that marriage is more attractive than being single. I think that both have benefits and reasons that are beautiful all of their own, and being single is not less desirable or attractive than being married. If we look towards a hope or goal as something that will complete us, I think that we will end up being disappointed each time, or at least, this is how I feel about it. I could be wrong, since I know each person is different. I feel like every person can find they have completeness within regardless of whether they are single or married. It is not a status or a person that can complete us after all. :)

This is what I fear deep down I think. I am afraid it would change me. I am afraid I would lose myself in it. I easily lose myself in people, which is partly why I am afraid of letting anybody too close. I have aspirations and thoughts I really want to work through and understand, and creative pursuits that I hope to practice, but I am afraid I would forget them entirely. Perhaps I have unrealistic reservations. Perhaps I am letting these underlying fears and things hinder something wonderful. Perhaps with the right person it would help me to pursue these things more completely. I do not know though, and part of me is afraid to find out.

I'm not sure that I would call it a "want", though I suppose it is something I desire, at the same time however I am not entirely sure I want it. I do think it would be wonderful to be with someone who I could also share a deep friendship with.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sk8brdkd

Audio A Sk8er
Feb 25, 2006
Wayne
Visit site
✟73,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think that men and women have different reasons for wanting to get married so I am going to separate the sexes with two different posts.

How old are you? And what about marriage is more attractive than being single? How do you think it would change your life? Why do you want to be married?

Well... I want to be in a fully committed relationship. I was already in a relationship w/ my all time best friend whom cheated on me because he wasn't fully committed to me even though he had told me numerous times that we'd be together forever. And while I'm still recovering from all of that, I want to get married to someone for a fully committed relationship. I want a best friend whom I can rely on, have adventures with, have fun with, but, someone whom I can fully trust and rely on.

I do want to get married, however, I'm also afraid of it.

Upvote 0

Samaritan Woman

Sep 2, 2013
Midwest
✟66,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are tons of married women who hate sex. Are you aware of this? Sex one or two times a year isn't that uncommon after the woman no longer wants children.

Just because alot of married women hate sex isn't my problem and wouldn't necessarily be my situation. Besides, they're just setting themselves up to be cheated on; that or their husbands will start looking at inappropriate content. Regardless of faith or church attendance.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟327,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just because alot of married women hate sex isn't my problem and wouldn't necessarily be my situation. Besides, they're just setting themselves up to be cheated on; that or their husbands will start looking at inappropriate content. Regardless of faith or church attendance.

I like the way you think lady.:hug:

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I like the way you think lady.:hug:

Yep....if wifey starts hating sex, then there's an obvious reason. She probably never loved the man in the first place and only married him to have the kids. Nothing more. To her, he was just a natural form of in vitro fertilization. She basically just used him.

Chances are, if he's not getting action from wifey, he'll get it from another woman.

BUT, if he's a good boy, and if the wife is lucky, the best thing that could happen would be him looking at inappropriate content.

But she better not go whining about it online, "My husband is looking at inappropriate content, that no good turd!" "Um, have you stop putting out?"

Usually there's both sides to the story.

One things for sure, men don't ask for much in a marriage.

Spot on!

I heard there's only 2 things that matter that much to men in marriage, I recall one of them was routine sex. Could have been a little more than that. But the requests were rather simple.

Upvote 0