1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. We are holding our 2022 Angel Ministry Drive now. Please consider signing up, or if you have any questions about being an Angel, use our staff application form. The world needs more prayer now, and it is a great way to help other members of the forums. :) To Apply...click here

Women shaving "moustache"

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by cello_chick, Jun 5, 2005.

1. cello_chick

cello_chick Senior Member

+13
    Christian
    Single
    You know how some people have really dark hair, so the hair in their "moustache" stands out, is it okay to shave this? or will it end up getting thicker and darker and worse off? Or are there alternatives like bleaching, which are easy to do, like, do you need to bleach often?
    I know that's a lot of quesstions, but if you can answer any, please do!

2. Oblivious

Oblivious Matthew 7:12

+573
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Unless you want stubble, I'd steer clear of shaving. Bleaching is one alternative, as is waxing, which over time will actually make the hair grow back thinner.

3. StarryEyedPea

StarryEyedPea Well-Known Member

+41
    Christian
    Private
    i would go for waxing, and also advise to start by having it done professionally.

as above posting says, steer clear of shaving!

i have never tried shaving but i cant imagine it would do much good, and would leave the stubbly thing, and probably not feel great either, so yeah, as above said, no shave!

sep xx

4. AveMaria

AveMaria Anglo-Catholic Tat Queen

+192
    Anglican
    US-Democrat
    You can shave it, it won't make the hair grow back thicker or blacker (that's a myth!) but it will grow back feeling prickly.

If waxing is an option, I recommend it. It's uncomfortable, but it only hurts for a second, and over time, the hair grows back finer and sometimes eventually stops growing back.

I've never tried bleaching, but I knew a girl in college who did it often.

Another option is using a product like Nair - they make a special one for use on the face, and it's what I usually do if I can't get a waxing appointment and to save money. If you try this, please try a patch test on your arm or somewhere to test for allergic reactions, though!

5. country woman

country woman Guest

+0
    I have a friend who has dark hair and she has a moustache

6. shezshy

shezshy Contributor

+580
    Anglican
    Married
    im cuban/hawaiian and although right now i do not have facial hair other than eyebrows that i arch monthly my relatives in their elderly years do have shadows on the upper lip.i agree with everyone that bleaching or waxing is best,but have it done by someone so thats it properly done.my great grandmother still goes to the salon to keep her shadowy upper lip from showing.it makes her feel better anyways! shaving your face will only cause prickly hair plus i imagine just like with legs it will grow back just as quick,waxing is a longer hair free phase.your 14,are you already showing darkness above the lip area?

7. laurabelle778

laurabelle778 New Member

+1
    Methodist
    Private
    I'm not really an expert on all of this, but I definitely agree that shaving would not be the route to go if you want to get rid of upper lip hair. I'd try the Nair for facial hair like the others mentioned.

8. ladylike

ladylike High fives and hugs!

+30
    Christian
    Single
    No! Don't do it!

9. Nicole_07

Nicole_07 Member

+6
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I'd go for the waxing

10. Mashley

Mashley Well-Known Member

+26
    Nazarene
    Single
    US-Republican
    I've heard about something called electrolysis. They like zap the hairs at the root, so they don't come back for a long time. I don't know much about it though.

Avon has a cream that is made for facial hair. It's kind of like Nair, but I guess it's specialized for the face.

11. invisible trousers

invisible trousers ~*this post promotes non-nicene christianity*~

+375
    Non-Denom
    bleaching fools nobody. wax that bad boy.

12. thenewageriseth

thenewageriseth Stranger in my town, commoner in my realm

+143
    Seeker
    Single
    I shaved my very thin-almost-invisible moustache with my razor...Did I do wrong? :eek:

13. Dark Matter

Dark Matter Well-Known Member

+29
    Christian
    If you shave, you will get stubble like a man. Don't do it.
    Bleaching will diminish the appearance and is easy to do. You repeat as often as necessary. Be sure to follow the directions well.
    If you wax, the hair will grow back, likely thinner, but you bend the roots and it makes electrolosys difficult later.
    If you can, use electrolosis. This will kill the root, causing the hair to not grow back. Sometimes a given follicle may require more than one treatment, but once it works, the hair doesn't grow back.

Funny that a guy would write this for you, but I work in the industry and didn't hear others providing you with this information.

14. Dark Matter

Dark Matter Well-Known Member

+29
    Christian
    Just once, no. But don't do it anymore. Follow invisible trouser's advice and wax.

15. desert_island_1

desert_island_1 Be Transformed - Romans 12:2

+113
    Nazarene
    Single
    CA-Conservatives
    I have a bit of a shadow but it is easily covered up by makeup. I am not really all that self consious about it though because all the women on my dad's side of the family has thick dark hair. I also have really noticible dark hair on my arms but so does everybody else in my family!

16. thenewageriseth

thenewageriseth Stranger in my town, commoner in my realm

+143
    Seeker
    Single
    Oh, okay. Thanks. Cuz I only did it once. :D

17. Tamara77777

Tamara77777 Well-Known Member

+53
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hello! T:wave: he worse thing to do is shave.Get it waxed...it will last longer and you won't have the 5 o'clock shadow. Electrolis sorry spelling is costly, you could check into it, But ;) waxing is around 5 dollars.
    I knew a lady that shaved, her face and it is sad she looked like prince. :(

hope this helps
    Tamara77777 :clap: praisingonpiano