Sep 16, 2004
Scotland!!!!!!!!
Visit site
✟8,219.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You know how some people have really dark hair, so the hair in their "moustache" stands out, is it okay to shave this? or will it end up getting thicker and darker and worse off? Or are there alternatives like bleaching, which are easy to do, like, do you need to bleach often?
I know that's a lot of quesstions, but if you can answer any, please do!

StarryEyedPea

Dec 9, 2004
✟9,893.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i would go for waxing, and also advise to start by having it done professionally.

as above posting says, steer clear of shaving!

i have never tried shaving but i cant imagine it would do much good, and would leave the stubbly thing, and probably not feel great either, so yeah, as above said, no shave!

sep xx

Upvote 0

AveMaria

Anglo-Catholic Tat Queen
Aug 2, 2004
✟19,896.00
Faith
Anglican
Politics
US-Democrat
You can shave it, it won't make the hair grow back thicker or blacker (that's a myth!) but it will grow back feeling prickly.

If waxing is an option, I recommend it. It's uncomfortable, but it only hurts for a second, and over time, the hair grows back finer and sometimes eventually stops growing back.

I've never tried bleaching, but I knew a girl in college who did it often.

Another option is using a product like Nair - they make a special one for use on the face, and it's what I usually do if I can't get a waxing appointment and to save money. If you try this, please try a patch test on your arm or somewhere to test for allergic reactions, though!

Upvote 0

shezshy

Contributor
Mar 28, 2005
Nevada
✟9,246.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
im cuban/hawaiian and although right now i do not have facial hair other than eyebrows that i arch monthly my relatives in their elderly years do have shadows on the upper lip.i agree with everyone that bleaching or waxing is best,but have it done by someone so thats it properly done.my great grandmother still goes to the salon to keep her shadowy upper lip from showing.it makes her feel better anyways! shaving your face will only cause prickly hair plus i imagine just like with legs it will grow back just as quick,waxing is a longer hair free phase.your 14,are you already showing darkness above the lip area?

Upvote 0

Mashley

Sep 8, 2004
United States
✟8,704.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I've heard about something called electrolysis. They like zap the hairs at the root, so they don't come back for a long time. I don't know much about it though.

Avon has a cream that is made for facial hair. It's kind of like Nair, but I guess it's specialized for the face.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dark Matter

May 31, 2004
Earth, third planet from the Sun
✟1,062.00
Faith
Christian
If you shave, you will get stubble like a man. Don't do it.
Bleaching will diminish the appearance and is easy to do. You repeat as often as necessary. Be sure to follow the directions well.
If you wax, the hair will grow back, likely thinner, but you bend the roots and it makes electrolosys difficult later.
If you can, use electrolosis. This will kill the root, causing the hair to not grow back. Sometimes a given follicle may require more than one treatment, but once it works, the hair doesn't grow back.

Funny that a guy would write this for you, but I work in the industry and didn't hear others providing you with this information.

Upvote 0

desert_island_1

Be Transformed - Romans 12:2
Mar 4, 2004
Alberta
✟20,541.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I have a bit of a shadow but it is easily covered up by makeup. I am not really all that self consious about it though because all the women on my dad's side of the family has thick dark hair. I also have really noticible dark hair on my arms but so does everybody else in my family!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tamara77777

Jul 9, 2005
✟9,631.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello! T:wave: he worse thing to do is shave.Get it waxed...it will last longer and you won't have the 5 o'clock shadow. Electrolis sorry spelling is costly, you could check into it, But ;) waxing is around 5 dollars.
I knew a lady that shaved, her face and it is sad she looked like prince. :(

hope this helps
Tamara77777 :clap: praisingonpiano

Upvote 0