• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Women rabbis

Discussion in 'Messianic Judaism' started by Daughter of Ararat, Jan 28, 2012.

1. someguy14

someguy14 Guest

+0
    Ain't such things as men or women. :) God is the only one worthy!

Galatians 3:28
    There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

2. Gxg (G²)

Gxg (G²) Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7) Supporter CF Ambassadors

+1,182
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    US-Others
    That was dealing specifically with salvation/all unifiied in Christ, no one being above the other. But there was still distinction ( 1 Timothy 2:8-10, 1 Timothy 3:10-12, Titus 2:2-4 ,1 Peter 3:4-6 , etc ):)

3. someguy14

someguy14 Guest

+0
    All one in Christ Jesus friend. :)

4. mishkan

mishkan There's room for YOU in the Mishkan! Supporter

+240
    Married
    US-Republican
    Which means what, exactly?

Too broad an interpretation of that statement, and you'll be condoning cross-dressing. Do you understand the context of that statement?

5. Gxg (G²)

Gxg (G²) Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7) Supporter CF Ambassadors

+1,182
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    US-Others
    Indeed. Being one in Messiah doesn't mean all distinctions are gone..and to claim such would be in line with the rest of what the apostles taught.

6. yedida

yedida Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!

+1,405
    In Relationship
    Not only cross-dressing but homosexuality totally, including same-sex marriages, etc.
    Totally ignoring the passages of not mixing kinds and/or species, etc.
    Terrible idea to ignore what Torah teaches with the misuse of one tiny little sentence!!

7. yedida

yedida Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!

+1,405
    In Relationship
    Come to think of it - using that context we also lose the distinctions of no mother - no son/ no uncle - no niece / are you getting the picture??? ALWAYS use context!!!

8. someguy14

someguy14 Guest

+0
    Lol. Crossdressing? If it means taking up your cross and following Jesus, I am all for it. If it means effeminate, count me out.

I think it means, let God be the judge. Forbid not The Holy Spirit of God.
    Perhaps women can relate to women on certain issue's. Though The Holy Spirit talks to all of it's own.
    God bless. :)

9. Gxg (G²)

+1,182
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    US-Others
    God is able to relate to and work with all:)

10. someguy14

someguy14 Guest

+0
    Amen friend. :)

11. Gerat_Tzedek

Gerat_Tzedek Old Newbie

+6
    Judaism
    Single
    I have no problem with a woman being granted Semicha. However, her title is Rabbah, NOT Rabbi. Why? Because women and men are different. A stewardess is different from a steward. A Mrs. is different from a Mr. I am sick to death of people trying to say that unless I walk like a man, talk like a man, think like a man, squawk like a man, and have a man's title, that somehow I am not equal to a man. It's just rediculous. I am a woman. That makes me fundamentally different from. Should I become so learned in Jewish law that I would be granted Semikha, I wouldn't somehow be magically turned into a man. Get it?

12. Gxg (G²)

+1,182
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    US-Others
    If you had the position of teaching as a male Jewish teacher does, the title differences would make a difference...but it would still be present that a woman would be able to teach. It's akin to seeing how others may be considered within the realm of being a prophetess instead of a prophet since they're a woman...yet the central issue would be that they'd still be functioning within the realm of prophecy.